Condition cleaning skills

sokeenoppa.5384

I think it is time to Look some of our condi clean skills in this condi meta.Cleanses in weapon skills are just bad atm. What you guys think about inserting more condi cleans in weapon skills?

Example: elementalist Staff water 5 (healing rain). It cleanses 3 conditions Aoe with 40 second CD. Is it enough in this condi era? I dont think so. And many classes has far More worse condition cleanses in weapon skills. Most cleanses these days comes from traits.

My suggestion is simple. Add More cleanses in weapon skills to survive in this Aoe condi spam.

I agree with nerfing over mindlessly buffing, though that's not to say that in this current day, there are skills that are underperforming... a lot.

Anything Ele comes to mind. Healing Rain, like OP said, Cleansing Fire (3 condis removed every 40 seconds, no stun break), Cleansing Wave (dagger OH water 5), Ride the Lightning not having a dodge component like similar skills (druid's staff skill, rev's staff #5), staff skills being slow and clunky (mainly autoattacks)...

Props to all ele players out there who still represent this class out of loyalty, dedication and enjoyment of mechanics that reward skill over brainless spamming for empty wins!

More cleanse means more condition application not less.

Conditions need to burst to kill before a cleanse goes off. More cleanse, therefore, requires ever stronger burst/application of more conditions. This is how we ended up with Scourge. It’s a vicious cycle.

Rather, you should demand a nerf to cleanses and conditions to bring them back to more damage over time than burst. But please, also request a nerf to power burst mechanics to be somewhat fair.

@saerni.2584 said:More cleanse means more condition application not less.

Conditions need to burst to kill before a cleanse goes off. More cleanse, therefore, requires ever stronger burst/application of more conditions. This is how we ended up with Scourge. It’s a vicious cycle.

Rather, you should demand a nerf to cleanses and conditions to bring them back to more damage over time than burst. But please, also request a nerf to power burst mechanics to be somewhat fair.

about cleanse and condi I agree but I dont see to much for nerfing power...because now its very underpowered in compare to condis...the only expections are guards as I know and spellbreakers with other necros who have no problem witrh condi cleanse but rest clase is just uhh...if not count these 3 classes with good condi defense then condi is to overpowered in compare to power burst

@Vertep.2498 said:

about cleanse and condi I agree but I dont see to much for nerfing power...because now its very underpowered in compare to condis...the only expections are guards as I know and spellbreakers with other necros who have no problem witrh condi cleanse but rest clase is just uhh...if not count these 3 classes with good condi defense then condi is to overpowered in compare to power burst

The reason is because the meta overall is burst oriented. I still think power should be more bursty than condi. I just think the overall meta became too much about one shot kills on both sides.

Burst should not mean “invuln/dodge or die.”

instead of nerfing conditions overall, you could nerf condition output of certain overperformers (Scourge).

nerfing burn dmg for example, nerfs scourge, BUT nerfs burn guards in addition.

Now which one is the problem ; Scourge or burn Guard?

Conditions are not the problem.The output of conditions of some classes is the problem.

@saerni.2584 said:

@Vertep.2498 said:

The reason is because the meta overall is burst oriented. I still think power should be more bursty than condi. I just think the overall meta became too much about one shot kills on both sides.

Burst should not mean “invuln/dodge or die.”

yeah this is also this...for burst power of should be much better than condi but isnt..and for burst it should be good combo, not just 1hit from single skill even if it took much time like on DE rifle...this is also not healthy for game but only because it need to take much time to be able shot this 1hit its not that much broken as scourge condi

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Yes. Ofc conditions need to tuned down.

But i still think we need More condi cleanses in weapon skills, they are The real active play skills. After condi nerf, clean cleanses from traits but add them in skills

I disagree, weapon skills tend to be what you spam to do damage/utility skills, it's rare they are ever healing skills except for Water Attuned Ele.Utilities are your active play skills, I'd like them to be less about extra healings/self-buffs and actual utilities with mechanics.

Problem example:Any of Guardian's cleanse skills. I'm not arguing they're unbalanced, but from a "fun" perspective, there's a clear single situation you should ever use it.

Good example:Thief Blinding Powder: A much more dynamic skill, you can use it in a verity situations from being aggressive and stealthing in middle of a fight, or use it as an escape. From a "fun" perspective, this skill is a lot better.

Archived