The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26!

See the trailer for "No Quarter" and all the details at the release page!

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Here it is:

Looks very interesting.

And, never mind....the Sticky is up now. :)

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Yeah, and I have to say, it's a very good trailer and presentation. Better imho than the two previous episode. I like it as much as I liked A bug in the system trailer. The map also look really interesting. It is located here, you can see it by slowing down video to 0.25, there is too little islands at the right, it corresponds.

I'm happy it's a charr map again, I would have badly seen an icebrood total war in shiverpeaks with icy castles. It promises to be very good.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    Yeah, and I have to say, it's a very good trailer and presentation. Better imho than the two previous episode. I like it as much as I liked A bug in the system trailer.
    The map also look really interesting. It is located here I think:

Oh yeah, that looks like a very likely location. Nice!

I'm a bit sad it's almost the whole month away, but I liked the trailer. It all certainly looks very interesting.

I rather choose death.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Awesome - thanks for loading the trailer up early (like we ask!). Certainly looks interesting and unique - looking forward to it. Got a bit caught out by the lack of VA until I remembered lol

I hope the battlefield style doesn't detract from exploration. I'm all for a fully multi player map, but some of that scenery looks great to nosey around

Death to the Charr!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Begs the question, why trailer now if we are getting the update itself in 3 weeks?

Also weaponset with the word tengu in it, tengu race confirmed.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks good. Honestly wouldn't mind another Silverwastes type map.

edited May 5, 2020

@zealex.9410 said:
    Begs the question, why trailer now if we are getting the update itself in 3 weeks?

Also weaponset with the word tengu on it, tengu race confirmed.

1) Because player feedback is for earlier trailers
    2) They've just made the early episodes free. This gives time to catch up and maximise player population whilst still keeping the hype and discussion going

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

Wow this looks really great! Can’t wait

edited May 5, 2020

There is ton of asura holo-shields in trailer but I think it's most likely the pact. I think the steel warband is with us, because at a moment we drag their "devourer"-tank with a charrcopter while protecting them with a forcefield.

My guess it that the strange new legion banner is from the Alliance of all legions against Bangar. As they said at the start "United legions".
    They also reconverted target balloons from grothmar into flyers dispensers :p

Something important to note, only the bottom of the map is available. The north has snow limits and blurred. Like prologue and episode 1/2, episode 3 map will be charr, episode 4 will be norn, again, they seems to alternate between the two races.

Maybe there is a giant icy fortress after all....

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

Does look interesting.

edited May 5, 2020

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Didn't the Devs state that Episodes 3 and 4 would be a split map, long ago? I seem to remember something about Episodes 3 and 4.

Yeah they said something like "Episode 3 and 4 maps will use WvW / back and forth mechanics and will happens in the same map.." something like that.

Charrcopters, nuke them all!

• Psientist.6437Psientist.6437 Member ✭✭✭

Something about the name of the map makes me happy. It is somewhat ugly/cute? Kinda like England I guess.....

I haven't looked forward to a LW episode as much since LA was attacked. I can't wait to see how the studio presents WvW in PvE. What does "somewhat like PvP" look like?
    Imo, the studio succeeded with the LA episode. I don't know if there is a game design equivalent to "break a leg". Maybe something based on the concept "to grok".

Be willing to eat whatever happens!

I suck at motivation.

all primes work and not tearing down has value
    ready purrlayer @ any parsed feels enhance the value of something that is already worth everything
    what other chordal approach but penultimate singing along with other quantum cuddle clocks

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

Will I finally be able to get a new charr helm that fits? Hope its easier to get than the visage.....

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks like something I'll just do the story and map completion and then forget about it.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

The map reminds me a bit of the old Z (Zed) strategy game. Man those little robot dudes where funny.

Didn't even know there was a trailer for this game for its release on GoG:

Trailer looks nice. Let's hope the map game play is as fun as promised. If it has even half the longevity of Silverwastes, that would be an amazing map.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Any news on the Legendary Armory progress?

• cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭✭

Looking good, if only we got balance patch in between, that would be perfect.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering when you'd release the new Charr helmets for players!

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the "bring WvW to PVE" concept, lik building forts or protecting them againt PVE foes. isnt that regular PVE map events we've seen already?

• Shade.8971Shade.8971 Member ✭✭

No new legendary? I feel like we were due for one.

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

If this is the PvE-WvW map, I am very much looking forward to it. It'll be nice to have another meta to bite my teeth into!

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• GummyBearSummoner.7941GummyBearSummoner.7941 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

I’ll reserve my opinions until the episode is released .

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Didn't the Devs state that Episodes 3 and 4 would be a split map, long ago? I seem to remember something about Episodes 3 and 4.

Yes, here is the statement that mentions Episodes 3 and 4 share a map:

"I can't go into a ton of details on episodes three and four because, you know, spoilers and all, but I can tell you the map is meta-focused with a push-and-pull feel similar to WvW in a PvE setting. We want maps this season to bring something to them that makes them a permanent part of your play experience. That's why the culmination of Bjora Marches is a world boss and we're striving for high replayability for the episodes three and four map. We want it to be a unique, fun, and rewarding experience that will be part of your daily/weekly play cycle."

Based on that statement, it's a single MAP for both episodes, which depending on how you want to interpret that means we'll get the entire map in Ep.3 but continue the battle in Ep.4. OR, it could be split between the two episodes, I'm leaning towards it being released with Ep.3 and we continue the battle in Ep.4, but only time will tell.

P.S. - I think i was only off a week in my estimated release time(I thought middle of May).

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

edited May 5, 2020

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm a little disappointed that it'll be three more weeks but that's just because I'm pretty eager to play it.

That elbow drop though.

@Zazadan.2410 said:
    I got a chuckle out of the ice construct in the trailer just doing an explosive elbow drop

The Macho Man Icebrood Construct
    OOOOH-YEAAHHHHH

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

Any news on a new version of Volatile Magic or Ice/Chilies will convert to it?

My thoughts:
    The Mastery looked uninspiring. Was that little mine/bomb suppose the be the mastery? It looked clunky just watching it.
    I prefer fantasy/magic settings to industrial ones. My excitement went down significantly as a result. I am sure others will love it, just do not forget about us. :-)
    Looks unique. I just hope the event is rewarding.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

So much hype for WvW-like map :)

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

How much did it cost you to get The Rock in this episode?

• SkyCakeLight.3750SkyCakeLight.3750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

Looking forward to the new map. Pre-RIBA Silverwaste was my favorite map and I hope the new map gives a similar feel to that. Almost never go there since RIBA became the way to play SW.

The bear shaman armor looks nice. Here's to hoping it doesn't end up like Raven's Garb. It would be nice for there to be more culturally themed armor that isn't flashy. Raven's armor may as well not exist at this point.

Edit: Kind of sounded pretty negative. Not my intention! Excited for the next part. Thank you. Made this post pre-coffee.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

Now you're pulling on my threads Hard. That looks like a dope episode to me. I cant wait to give that a test run :D It might be the very first time where everything in a release fits me like a glove : from the map event, to the gear, to the storyline.

Now please do one thing differently from past releases : If you add a combat tonic make it hard to get, but make it -guaranteed- That smoke shaman tonic is elusive as hell and it really should not be. It's a fun item with no bearing on gameplay, it place should be in the Chili vendor after an achievement unlock related to the puzzle jump, not as a ludicrously rare drop that -if- you obtain it, you have only have 1 shot at it per day, that's way too low a rate.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

Looks like it could be good. As long as the rewards are not ridiculous to get. Stop tying the major rewards to achievements. Put the items on the maps vendors and call it a day. If not then please make it available via reward track.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Psientist.6437Psientist.6437 Member ✭✭✭

If each Charr faction has a unique skill tree then there is potential for a lot of multiplayer RTS. If episode 3 and 4 span one map then we are likely to earn permanent territory and faction skill levels in episode 3. These could be really interesting maps.

all primes work and not tearing down has value
    ready purrlayer @ any parsed feels enhance the value of something that is already worth everything
    what other chordal approach but penultimate singing along with other quantum cuddle clocks

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, as mentioned in the OP.

• @Excursion.9752 said:
    Looks like it could be good. As long as the rewards are not ridiculous to get. Stop tying the major rewards to achievements. Put the items on the maps vendors and call it a day. If not then please make it available via reward track.

This I agree with.

• AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020

All I see is another sexy female (boob window) armour set for my Asura and Charr women. :heart:
    My guess is, that it’s one armour design for all weight classes again (like Raven).
    Is this a hint, that the outfit system may be converted into (selectable) armour pieces, with one design for every weight class?

It’s funny, that they’re finally making female armour for female Charr and Asura. The legendary chest piece (but not the legs’) had to be changed back then, because of all the whining. :angry:

• Am I the only one that was kinda bummed out about the lack of voiceover? I knew it was coming, cuz I saw the post. But I was still bummed out. Also I need to make a Crecia looking charr, she hawt.

I have many names, but you know exactly whose alt this is. I mean what did you think they were gonna do? Not take my money?

• Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

@Arrow.9031 said:
    That icebrood elbow drop was... amazing lol

Truly the standout moment of the trailer. Looks like quite a bit of stuff to do. Pretty excited for this release.

• thepenmonster.3621thepenmonster.3621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

As long as the story isn't locked behind modes I'm not interested in I'm looking forward to what I hope is a more active and cohesive Harathi Hinterlands.

The Commander will end you.

• GummyBearSummoner.7941GummyBearSummoner.7941 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

I just hope this map isn’t forgotten after a while like the other ones . SW was my favorite map before it got nerfed

• thepenmonster.3621thepenmonster.3621 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:
    I just hope this map isn’t forgotten after a while like the other ones . SW was my favorite map before it got nerfed

If the new map is WvW, but against NPCs, where it goes in circles until the timeout then I can't see it lasting unless the loot is too thick to ignore like DF and Octo. Competitive people like competition specifically because they can prove their superiority over other people. Game AI will not provide them with that. If it has an endpoint like DF and the loot is thick I can see DF depopulating like SW and Istan did simply because this map is the new shiny.

The Commander will end you.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious about the bridge, that looks to be in the northern part of the map leading to the snowy area. Who built it? Jotun?

Could be pretty neat if the northern part of the map that gets released with episode 4 expands on Jotun lore. The map looks different than I expected it too. Less wooded. But only the very bottom section aligns with what we're familiar with in GW1. I think the umbral grotto is in the right place, so if it's a giant underground area it could be pretty neat. I don't know how they will carry over the wvw portion to the second half of the map though. Given the theme and the fact that the northern part of the map most likely returns to the snowy frigid area, I could fully see that being Bangar's last episode.

Perhaps we will win and he will retreat North. Theoretically Jormag was in between Bitterfrost and Eye of the North somewhere, but perhaps he's relocated?

I guess it's also possible the map could extend directly east into the giant lake portion.

It's still a long ways out and the trailer and masteries didn't sound overly exciting as I could just play an engineer, but the vision episode was better than expected even if short. And there are probably a lot of really pretty areas to the map that we haven't seen.

Good that we're still getting it as soon as we are though.

My biggest gripe really is about all of the weapon and armor skins they keep adding to these patches with horrible obtainment methods. I still don't have any of the raven armor, and I wasn't all that interested in the boreal weapons. But it really sucks to have a lot of those unique charr and norn armor skins locked behind rng loot drops. I was expecting strike currency to another way of obtaining them/grinding for them but maybe there's a chance they will add them in later on in the season as the old maps start to die down.

Here's to hoping we get some of the foliage/assets in this map added as guild decorations along with the bear shrine.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kurrilino.2706 said:
    This is exactly the opposite of what people ask for

This is exactly what I want.