The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26!

2>

Comments

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:
    All I see is another sexy female (boob window) armour set for my Asura and Charr women. :heart:

a windows onto nothingness

Arenanet, can you please stop forgetting about Underwater weapons?

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

@Excursion.9752 said:
    Looks like it could be good. As long as the rewards are not ridiculous to get. Stop tying the major rewards to achievements. Put the items on the maps vendors and call it a day. If not then please make it available via reward track.

Please no, it feels so lame to just buy it from a vendor.

Edit: Kudos for Anet for all the hard work put in despite the virus and the voice acting. Can’t wait to play no quarter 😁

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

@Excursion.9752 said:
    Looks like it could be good. As long as the rewards are not ridiculous to get. Stop tying the major rewards to achievements. Put the items on the maps vendors and call it a day. If not then please make it available via reward track.

No. It is boring to just buy them.

edited May 6, 2020

@flog.3485 said:
    @yoni.7015 said:

Would you rather have disgustingly low RNG drop rates that rival the invisible shoe box and precursors?

I hope the emote is not restricted to the big achievement again.
    Having the choice between doing the achievements or doing a reward track was much better.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

@Fueki.4753 said:

@flog.3485 said:
    @yoni.7015 said:

Would you rather have disgustingly low RNG drop rates that rival the invisible shoe box and precursors?

I hope the emote is not restricted to the big achievement again.
    Having the choice between doing the achievements or doing a reward track was much better.

Why are you mentioning low RNG drop rates ? The person I responded to never mentioned that as well. If it is tied to achievement aka the episode final reward, then it can’t be RNG. Why are you complaining about emotes being tied to the major achievement now ? Because you can’t get it by only participating in open world and story despite this season developing more than just story and open world ?

@flog.3485 said:
    Why are you mentioning low RNG drop rates ?

Because the Raven armour was tied to it and there might be a chance for that to repeat with the new armour.
    I would much rather have a vendor selling the armour than have RNG deciding that I won't get it.

If it is tied to achievement aka the episode final reward, then it can’t be RNG.

IF the armour parts are is tied to achievements and no drop rates, that'd be fine.
    However, my comment about the big achievement was about the emote only being available from the big achievement.

Why are you complaining about emotes being tied to the major achievement now ?
    Because you can’t get it by only participating in open world and story despite this season developing more than just story and open world ?

Why are people complaining about having choices?
    The emote in for the prologue was available from PvP and WvW reward tracks, not only the big achievement.

@Fueki.4753 said:

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hope that the helms, armour and other skin rewards are accessible and don't come through very low drop rate and/or once a day chances. Achievements, crafting (within reason), decent drop rates, or vendor, I don't mind.

Especially the charr helms. Those are fantastic.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

I really hope that we are able to change in which camp we are, it's total war, mutiny and treason exist... The episode is even called no quarter...... I don't care about fighting with united legions troops, I want to be with bangar! In addition of that my charr is from Blood Legion?!!! What more I need to be with the villains? But since it's "we must be nice" game, I'm sure we are forced to be nice again. It isn't hard to allow to join the evil camp within a map... It doesn't even have to be remembered or questioned after, the PC can have its moment of absence, or answering one of Jormag whisper... I know I would have also liked that since launch we had the possibility to worship Jormag as a Norn, being Flame legion for Charr and joining Inquest for Asura.....

Bangar camp and United legions banners would be awesome as gh decos.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Assic.2746Assic.2746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

It looks fun. I really like playing Silverwastes meta and this maps seems similar. It would be nice if outposts could be claimed by guilds which would cause guild's emblem to be displayed on the map and on flags around the outpost. Just something to show some guild pride.

• AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

@Fueki.4753 said:

All I see is another sexy female (boob window) armour set for my Asura and Charr women. :heart:

I rather have a “sneak peek”, than a bare-chested Charr or Asura woman.

@Fueki.4753 said:

:+1:

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

Long as its not a pvp map ill be very happyyyy, and the armors look great. I hope they are tied to achievements or a guaranteed way to obtain it and not RNG like the Raven armor or the Khan Ur stuff.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020

In the new map Charrs seems to be imbued with essences :wink: Blood legions are red, Is saw some from the others as green: ash I think.
    At 0:41 it seems there is icebrood charrs imbued with blue essence. Everyone boosted its troops with essences? xD
    YEAH, I definitely think that the steel warband is with us, all apart Ryland.
    There is charrs wearing a frozen mask, it's weird, really weird..... 1:00

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

@flog.3485 said:
    @yoni.7015 said:

How is it any more boring than the achievement itself? It still would require a currency that would have you participating on the map. Some of us don't seek AP. I prefer to get it naturally. The most wasted emote so far that ANET devs have worked on is /shiver basically a waste of their time in my honest opinion. In the circles I run with say they don't have time for that nonsense. Asking for 37 achievements is a bit much. Not to mention I have only came across 3 people total that I have seen using it.

They need to bring not only the new items but the old items via Reward Track at the very least. People who prefer PvP & WvW don't like to be drawn away from their favorite game mode. I was thinking something similar to the Crystal Desert Reward Track where the final chest you could choose between one piece of armor from multiple sets and throw in the emotes in there as well.

I don't believe emotes should be blocked by game mode.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

If emotes are a 'waste of time', and one doesn't care about AP, what is the concern with having them at the end of 37, or however many, achievements?

edited May 6, 2020

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    If emotes are a 'waste of time', and one doesn't care about AP, what is the concern with having them at the end of 37, or however many, achievements?

It's not the emote itself that's the waste of time.
    The unnecessarily grindy achievements in Bjora marches required to unlock it are a waste of time for many.
    Do the Wolverine shrine event with 20 times.
    Do the Eagle shrine event with 20 times.
    Do the Ox shrine event with 20 times.
    Go fishing with Kodan 20 times.
    Destroy big Svanir totems 20 times.
    Protect the Kodan ritual 20 times.
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

That's why many want Arenanet to put them into Reward Tracks, just like the Roll Out emote from the prologue.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

But, that's not what the poster said.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the last one for me, play through the story and do map completion with a few toons and then never return to the map.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

You may want to go over what I said once more. "The most wasted emote so far that ANET devs have worked on is /shiver basically a waste of their time in my honest opinion. " In other words its a "wast of time" for devs to be working on something that a very small player base is achieving.

My problem is that it is taking me away from things I would rather be doing like raiding and WvW. To put it in perspective take what you feel is the worst game mode and make the emote only available there. Now lock it behind 37 tedious achievements. Now don't get me wrong PvE is not the worst I just want you to feel how off putting it is and let the dread set in.

But lets get back on track I'm happy for the new content I just wish that some of the rewards were available for the whole player base. The only prerequisite should be finishing the episode on your account.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Yitsul.8342Yitsul.8342 Member ✭✭

I have a question, Why not have the voice actors record at home like Funimation is doing?

edited May 7, 2020

@Yitsul.8342 said:
    I have a question, Why not have the voice actors record at home like Funimation is doing?

Probably, because Arenanet has some standards for sound quality left.
    Funimation, however, does not have any standards for anything. They are even more of a clown show than sPvP is.

• Great news !!!

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

Excited for new content. :3

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Elric.4713 said:
    I beg you do not repeat the same mistake with the Bear shaman armor as you have with the Raven Garb.

So Im not the only one cursed to never get the chest for the raven shaman armor to drop? Thats... somewhat comforting....

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great news ! Hope new strike not be toxic for wide ppl.

@Vegeta.2563 said:
    Any news on the Legendary Armory progress?

don't think what we will see this on 2020. Probably ot can come with exp3

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll also chime in with a request not to make Bear Armor as inaccessible as the Raven Garb. Please make new armor either easy or at least FUN to get. Not doing the same boring tasks 20 times.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2020

@Excursion.9752 said:

You may want to go over what I said once more. "The most wasted emote so far that ANET devs have worked on is /shiver basically a waste of their time in my honest opinion. " In other words its a "wast of time" for devs to be working on something that a very small player base is achieving.

My problem is that it is taking me away from things I would rather be doing like raiding and WvW. To put it in perspective take what you feel is the worst game mode and make the emote only available there. Now lock it behind 37 tedious achievements. Now don't get me wrong PvE is not the worst I just want you to feel how off putting it is and let the dread set in.

But lets get back on track I'm happy for the new content I just wish that some of the rewards were available for the whole player base. The only prerequisite should be finishing the episode on your account.

Like they locked a specific legendary armor behind raids? Exclusivity in rewards is good and drives interest up.

Now whether the objectives you need ti do are balanced well or not is a diff matter.

• Just getting back, after a 2 year layoff due to technical issues ( no computer to play the game on). Only played chapter one of Icebrood Saga so far. Seen the meta event for Jora's Keep. Definitely had some W/W/W and Edge of the Mists game play to it. Found the arrow cart near some of the raven shrines. Memories of defending keeps with arrow carts = fun. From the trailer looks like some of the elements from conquest and other P vs P are going to be installed as well. Just wondering out loud is this the way they are going to test updates to W/W/W and P vs P ? Incorporate new stuff in living story and the ones we hope to keep trickle it into be more permanent parts of the game. Could be the other way, getting more PvE people into W/W/W and Edge of the Mists or P vs P areas. It's a good way to get new blood into those areas. Many people that haven't thought to try something other than PvE may find out there"s a whole new world to explore and start playing. Been playing GW2 since The Dragon Festival or so. Karka Queen was still pretty new. Played GW1 since right around nightfall came out or was coming out.

• HotDelirium.7984HotDelirium.7984 Member ✭✭✭

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:
    I just hope this map isn’t forgotten after a while like the other ones . SW was my favorite map before it got nerfed

If the new map is WvW, but against NPCs, where it goes in circles until the timeout then I can't see it lasting unless the loot is too thick to ignore like DF and Octo. Competitive people like competition specifically because they can prove their superiority over other people. Game AI will not provide them with that. If it has an endpoint like DF and the loot is thick I can see DF depopulating like SW and Istan did simply because this map is the new shiny.

I wonder if "as the commander" we are supporting different partys' methods and side so maybe each color stands for Bangar/Vigil/Steel Warband etc efforts and we can lose some and win others (tug-of-war they mentioned/ or even Connect Four) and maybe this creates some friction for everyone involved hence giving Jormag some stuff to work with psychically.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Like how we forgot about Swim Infusions? ^_^

@Dante.1763 said:
    Long as its not a pvp map ill be very happyyyy, and the armors look great. I hope they are tied to achievements or a guaranteed way to obtain it and not RNG like the Raven armor or the Khan Ur stuff.

They should forever do the guarenteed drop at xxxnumber and then rng- for many things.

• Mad Queen Malafide.7512Mad Queen Malafide.7512 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2020

I have been enjoying season 4 of the Living Story a lot so far. Fantastic map design and really solid writing and story telling. I hope at some point we get a map that shows the exterior of the Eye of the North. It feels like such a shame that this is just this lone outpost in the middle of nowhere. I would also welcome more areas linking together with the explorables from the core game.

I also hope they continue the Lovecraftian approach with Jormag. I love the creepyness of the Bjora Marches map. It is fantastic environmental storytelling.

• Great job on next episode! Exactly what we need during this time! Keep good work and fast on finishing Living story 5 and moving to next expansion!

• frareanselm.1925frareanselm.1925 Member ✭✭✭

Before continuing Icebrood saga fix the issue which the drop of Ceremonial Raven Garb has a droprate of 0.0000001 and theres only one at TP for 7800 gold...

@frareanselm.1925 said:
    Before continuing Icebrood saga fix the issue which the drop of Ceremonial Raven Garb has a droprate of 0.0000001 and theres only one at TP for 7800 gold...

People have been asking to fix the drop chances of the invisible shoe boxes for years and nothing happened.
    I doubt there will ever be a change towards player-friendliness in those drop chances.
    Sadly, it's more likely that they'll keep adding such BS in the future.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020

@Fueki.4753 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:

People have been asking to fix the drop chances of the invisible shoe boxes for years and nothing happened.
    I doubt there will ever be a change towards player-friendliness in those drop chances.
    Sadly, it's more likely that they'll keep adding such BS in the future.

Unfortunately, this is the case.

A pity as it means that we won't be able to complete the raven's armor set. They may as well never have added the chest skin.

Let's hope they don't repeat this with the bear shaman set.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Pifil.5193 said:
    A pity as it means that we won't be able to complete the raven's armor set. They may as well never have added the chest skin.

Indeed, the chest piece is the coolest part of the whole set. :/ The Visage of the Khan-Ur was a similar bad joke. I'm certain there will be more of those in the future.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy todays patch people.

Keep in mind though not everyone will be playing it until the voice acting comes in so please be careful of spoilers.

• Rihar.3465Rihar.3465 Member ✭✭✭

Wake up, ANet! We know Seattle sun has already risen!

• i think it will be more of Dragon's Stand than Silverwastes

Everything has the right to live

• when THIS Living World Season 5 Episode 3 is coming? it's nearly 5 PM here

• well, GuildWars2 twitch is live

• Tony.8659Tony.8659 Member ✭✭✭

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:
    See the trailer for "No Quarter" and all the details at the release page!

This should be the official wallpaper for No Quarter :D I know I made it mine.