Any cool WvW news or updates that can be discussed or shared? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Any cool WvW news or updates that can be discussed or shared?

Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe Alliance news? Maybe some profession improvement updates? Maybe next paradigm phase thoughts and possible direction? Maybe stuff that's being looked at or considered?

Comments

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

Email I got from anet says new living story this may. So, probably then we may get the lion mount. :3

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

No but I can update you on my progress in WvW. Does that count?

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

D:

Well..
    How goes it then?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

D:

Well..
    How goes it then?

The situation is grim. Our Lord Commander Zudo has not graced these lands in some time. Perhaps the heavens are in chaos where they need his divine might? His absence does not bode well as many denizens have made their move to maliciously claim our homeland. So we are in a perilous state fending for our families, and praying for His Grace to return. When that day comes he shall smite these heathens back into the nether where they belong!

D:

It’s because Shattered Aegis has been nerfed into the ground.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Blackhawk.3951Blackhawk.3951 Member ✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Didnt you see the LS announcement?

They havent had time for alliances because they're adding WvW to PvE.

True end game... dissolve wvw and put alliances in a pve map...

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Maybe Alliance news?

alliance is useless thing, hope we never see that.

Maybe some profession improvement updates?

for what? no thanks

Maybe next paradigm phase thoughts and possible direction? Maybe stuff that's being looked at or considered?

don't see any point to do that.. main news - sab new world next year.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

The new pve map seems to be them testing features they might bring to WvW, but only time will tell.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Shattered aegis. Buff maybe?
    Reeeheeeteeeheee

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yea, few updates came for engi, necro, ranger and only made it to pvp as the devs thought those are fine for WvW.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Maybe Alliance news?

for what? no thanks

Maybe next paradigm phase thoughts and possible direction? Maybe stuff that's being looked at or considered?

Alliances will improve wvw.

We were already told that profession changes and updates were coming. Phase 1 was the recent big patch.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@lare.5129 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Maybe Alliance news?

for what? no thanks

We were already told that profession changes and updates were coming. Phase 1 was the recent big patch.

That’s just @Junkpile.7439 s poor relation from the south.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:
    The new pve map seems to be them testing features they might bring to WvW, but only time will tell.

this map is spread by group of defend zone events.. On any start location you have same fine vent then defend something from centaur.> @Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Yea, few updates came for engi, necro, ranger

you call nerf updates? So thats kind updates will always will be gift:)

@Swagger.1459 said:

absolutely not. What change server ? - we an do it now. Don't see any possible positive impact from alliances.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe some EotM news? New EotM achievements would be cool. Like smaller water puckets in towers. I would call it HC pucket list achievement. :o

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

this map is spread by group of defend zone events.. On any start location you have same fine vent then defend something from centaur.> @Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Yea, few updates came for engi, necro, ranger

you call nerf updates? So thats kind updates will always will be gift:)

@Swagger.1459 said:

absolutely not. What change server ? - we an do it now. Don't see any possible positive impact from alliances.

So you didn’t bother to read up on alliances?

• Brutal Augus.5917Brutal Augus.5917 Member ✭✭✭

Nah, feelsbadman

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

The good news is that it isn't terrible and they didn't rush out alliances before they were fully tested.....(this is called sarcasm)

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭

@Swagger.1459 said:

@lare.5129 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Maybe Alliance news?

for what? no thanks

By big patch, you actually mean big nerf? Everyone knows that big patch was nothing but nerfs across all professions and both dps and support builds. There will be a Phase 2, Phase 3.... nerfs??! :astonished:

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2020

Even their WvW stream last night turned into PvP talk, which is tryhard at this point too, with the state of Anets Competitive game modes.

Alot of questions, but not that many answers, so I doubt anything is coming anytime soon, until Autumn or Winter, if there is anything in the pipeline including balance updates.

They don't even say much about skill lag either, because most likely the problem is deeper than a simple fix; not just get 'better' servers.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

You mean something like:

• New/improved tactics
    • the ability to change the layout and shape of towers and keeps
    • Reducing the damage on Arrow carts and Dragon banners
    • Bring blood lust shrines to EBG and place them in caves along the outsides the map and only allow up to 3 people from each Faction in at a time. You know something for the roamers
    • Alliances
    • Release a PvP/WvW festival
    • Make all legendary trinkets obtainable
    • Make Emblem of the Avenger a valid currency or perhaps a part of the legendary trinkets components
    • Since war claw is not going any where how about some mount finishers
    • Schedule regular events like core swap/no down state/golem rush for at least 1 week per server link.

oooooh that was just my personal wish list.

Here let me list out what actually will happen:

• N/A
                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• SyLaR.3628SyLaR.3628 Member ✭✭

@Excursion.9752 said:
    You mean something like:

• New/improved tactics
    • the ability to change the layout and shape of towers and keeps
    • Reducing the damage on Arrow carts and Dragon banners
    • Bring blood lust shrines to EBG and place them in caves along the outsides the map and only allow up to 3 people from each Faction in at a time. You know something for the roamers
    • Alliances
    • Release a PvP/WvW festival
    • Make all legendary trinkets obtainable
    • Make Emblem of the Avenger a valid currency or perhaps a part of the legendary trinkets components
    • Since war claw is not going any where how about some mount finishers
    • Schedule regular events like core swap/no down state/golem rush for at least 1 week per server link.

oooooh that was just my personal wish list.

Here let me list out what actually will happen:

• N/A

I like the idea of changing layout and shape of objectives. Even just add some cosmetic upgrade. Recently watched some eso wvw and i love the look of keeps there, walls are huuge, not like in gw2

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2020

@Swagger.1459 said:
    Maybe Alliance news? Maybe some profession improvement updates? Maybe next paradigm phase thoughts and possible direction? Maybe stuff that's being looked at or considered?

I asked this in the Livestream chat and the devs said they can't say anything about what's in "the pipeline", but they can chat about what you'd like to see [but never will] (about 5 mins from the end).

This was a great livestream, the players bombarded the devs with questions from start to finish. They got a proper grilling.

I get the impression that the players are DESPERATE for anything new for WvW.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.
    Hashtag BlameMcLain

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

I think the devs with a real vision for wvw left chicago :(

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are broken. - Me

• @XenesisII.1540 said:
    An update... not on wvw... ok a different wvw... ok not a different wvw... the wvw killer! finally! after all these years!... ok no not really...

Does it have ONE class with Perma Stealth? Or Could do crazy dps while stealth? And getting hit does not break stealth? And highly mobile?
    If not then I'm not interested.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2020

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah that's the hilarious video which shows everyone how these "new and amazing" MMOs with their "modern" engines arent really that much better... if not worse. Look at the animations on players 10-20 meters away and just laugh. Sure it's alpha - sure GW2 had culling issues - but that is really something else in terms of "optimization", literally turning players into 2 fps stopmotion characters. There's not even close to large player numbers on screen. I can only remember seeing similar behaviour out of the first couple of Total War games in "full" 3D (distant characters became 2D sprites because it couldnt handle the numbers).

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

This made me sad.
    All that money and they still couldn't take a chance and break the mold.

• Bezerker.2379Bezerker.2379 Member ✭✭✭

I successfully took Mendon's.

There's your update.

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

Roam, roam, then go gather mats for legendary , then roam some more, prime time comes, zerg a bit then roam some more maybe a class switch here and there and that's about it :)

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's still people playing wvw.
    Wonder how is anet's plan in updating this part of game. Better reward and new game play and players support. Come on arenanet.. make your wvw players proud. :)

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• pukish.5784pukish.5784 Member ✭✭

Slayers XD :lol:

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2020

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Yeah that's the hilarious video which shows everyone how these "new and amazing" MMOs with their "modern" engines arent really that much better... if not worse. Look at the animations on players 10-20 meters away and just laugh. Sure it's alpha - sure GW2 had culling issues - but that is really something else in terms of "optimization", literally turning players into 2 fps stopmotion characters. There's not even close to large player numbers on screen. I can only remember seeing similar behaviour out of the first couple of Total War games in "full" 3D (distant characters became 2D sprites because it couldnt handle the numbers).

@Dawdler.8521 just a small note.
    Animations,, models riggin, better effects and renders all of these pre alpha and alpha games, are to pre mature to be criticize, its not even in afully lpha state, its a demonstration before anything reach even alpha.
    Look at pre alpha and alpha tons of ashes of creation for example, and compare with the beta for example, they got more effects animations and less clunky.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Animations,, models riggin, better effects and renders all of these pre alpha and alpha games, are to pre mature to be criticize, its not even in afully lpha state, its a demonstration before anything reach even alpha.
    Look at pre alpha and alpha tons of ashes of creation for example, and compare with the beta for example, they got more effects animations and less clunky.

They're calling it an alpha.
    But, they're less than two months from launch.
    They don't have time to change anything major even if they wanted to. The devs have bluntly stated they're in the polishing only stage.

Hence this isn't an alpha, it's not even a beta, it's a rough draft demo of the end product. The game you saw is the game you're getting.

edited June 24, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

They don't have time to change anything major even if they wanted to. The devs have bluntly stated they're in the polishing only stage.

Hence this isn't an alpha, it's not even a beta, it's a rough draft demo of the end product. The game you saw is the game you're getting.

Didnt kew they were releasing it this year, was expecting a bit more development.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Didnt kew they were releasing it this year, was expecting a bit more development.

Bummer I know.
    Feel the same way, Bezos money and that's their best shot?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Bummer I know.

But wait... CU is coming!! So is CF!!!

They’ll be released about the same time as alliances....

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Mizhas.8536Mizhas.8536 Member ✭✭

Do not doubt for a moment, alliances are being posponed on purpose due to the lack of new competitors on the WvW gamemode.

We are stuck here

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Bummer I know.

But wait... CU is coming!! So is CF!!!

They’ll be released about the same time as alliances....

My bets are towards AoC(ashes of creation, when wvw fuses with pve)

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭✭

@Blackhawk.3951 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Didnt you see the LS announcement?

They havent had time for alliances because they're adding WvW to PvE.

True end game... dissolve wvw and put alliances in a pve map...

Already partially done in Drizzlewood Coast map. Attention: Rich Orichalcum Vein mining node included!
    Well, events are nice there and fits the Charr civil war theme nicely, but the level-design of the map is .. somewhat weird for my taste. Idk if its the unbelievable water (for example when compared with believable water locations in Queensdale map), scale of the map or something else, it just feels a little weird for me.

Speaking about its impact on WvW game mode, I have a hope (I should probably call it rather as "wish" than a "hope") that it can actually encourage some curious PvE players to at least try enter the WvW mode to actually see whats happening in the "real" WvW gameplay and maybe start to play WvW mode too. You know, 1 or 2 new WvW players are still better than 0. Small and weird hope, I know.