Does anyone know why my weapon skins are not showing in WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Does anyone know why my weapon skins are not showing in WvW?

Xca.9721Xca.9721 Member ✭✭✭

Happens every time I join, I have to reselect them until it works

Comments

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

New feature.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is happening all the time nowadays, especially with legendary weapons. The game just loads a random skin, have to unequip and reequip to get it to work.,

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• len.7809len.7809 Member ✭✭✭

It's a bug I guess, I tried to change skin to my sword and it says
    "You can't apply a skin to an empty slot"

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ubi.4136 said:
    This is happening all the time nowadays, especially with legendary weapons. The game just loads a random skin, have to unequip and reequip to get it to work.,

I have not seen this. Could be an issue with the computer and/or settings? The only consistent glitch I keep getting is my Warbringer disappearing on my Charr. I have to activate the glider for it to re-appear, and sometimes it just disappears right after; happens maybe 1-2 times a week, usually when the server is full of players. But my weapons on all my WvW toons always load correctly.

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure Bolt is a bit buggy. I have it myself, and I often get the effect when riding my mount for no reason, even when it's not the weapon I'm currently using.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

I have not seen this. Could be an issue with the computer and/or settings? The only consistent glitch I keep getting is my Warbringer disappearing on my Charr. I have to activate the glider for it to re-appear, and sometimes it just disappears right after; happens maybe 1-2 times a week, usually when the server is full of players. But my weapons on all my WvW toons always load correctly.

I get the spvp ascended backpack disappear from my norn guardian sometimes.
    No problems with weapons here either though.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually this is the ultimate result of too many nerfs...

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2020

it happens for me if the game takes more time to load. u don't have to do anything, it just displays the real weapon after some time, even at minimal settings.

(and it's not very new or so. i don't mind it since the standard weapons are usually less flashy - i even hide my own flashy stuff like Warbringer usually for better fps and ping)

• nanomidgy.9180nanomidgy.9180 Member ✭✭✭

If u are on a different loadout when u entered wvw, it will be like that. Switch ur loadouts seems to solve it.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭

ask your guildmate if he/she can see your skin. if yes and you see otherwise, some kind of corruption is in your .dat file.

• Xca.9721Xca.9721 Member ✭✭✭

@nanomidgy.9180 said:
    If u are on a different loadout when u entered wvw, it will be like that. Switch ur loadouts seems to solve it.

Okay this must be the reason, I used to WvW on my Rev which usually has Condi Renegade for PvE and Power Herald for WvW. Made an extra toon now for WvW and I don´t have any issues anymore.

• nanomidgy.9180nanomidgy.9180 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

You dont have to make a new toon. Just switch to wvw loadout before u get through the queue, or when load into wvw switch to ur pve loadout and back to wvw loadout.