After a 4 year hiatus....

Hey I am coming back from a 4 year hiatus and I wanted to check to see if this build will still function as an ok all around build for my warrior.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAweRlZwmYUsKWJO8KqLVA-zRJYmKmGYMqXA9TAfDA-e

The accessories are (it wouldn't let me put this in the build editor):

• Recruiter's Pack (+7 Simple Agony Resistance)
  • Forgotten Seal (Exquisite Charged Ambrite Jewel)
  • Mariner's Flask (+7 Simple Agony Resistance)
  • Hymn to the Prophets
  • Khilbron's Phylactery (+7 Simple Agony Resistance / +6 Agony Resistance)
  • Ouroboro's Loop (+7 Simple Agony Resistance / +6 Agony Resistance)

Attributes:Power - 1,729Warrior - 15%Toughness - 1,423Armor - 2,652Vitality - 1,155Health - 20,762Precision - 2,057Critical Chance - 55.33%Ferocity - 0Critical Damage - 150%Condition Damage -1,360Healing Power - 0Expertise - 200Condition Duration - 13.33%Concentration - 0Boon Duration - 0%Agony Resistance - 40Magic Find - 128%

I imagine with the new expansions that this build is fairly out of date.

Which brings me to my next question, what is the lowest amount of effort that I would need to bring this build back online for all around world play?

In short, I would like to just start playing again and not spend 100 hours crafting/grinding all new equipment.

Thanks guys for looking this over

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAw+NlRwaYMsFmJOaXlNVA-zRJYmRH/hEnUISRQlKA5OA-e

This is the optimal setup for condi warrior (non banner) for raids/fractals. You already have the armor done and a sword. The ascended trinkets are pretty easy to get in the living world maps like bitterfrost, ember bay, lake Doric, draconis mons. There's another thread here posted recently about what trinkets you can get where in a spread sheet.

This won't take 100 hours to obtain, but will require gathering resources each day for about a week or two (less if you do it on multiple characters).

You can still function on the gear you currently have the biggest issue is you are using axe offhand and rifle, which on core warrior in condi gear do virtually zero damage as they don't output condis and you don't have any fields to combo them with that setup anyways. Unlock berserker, use torch and longbow are the most immediate things you'd want if you want to play condi.

If you only have access to core, I would highly recommend going power instead, but if you insist on condi, use sword/warhorn and longbow.

Awesome thanks for the help -

I'm guessing I was going for Quickness / Axe Mastery Recharge reduction with the axe, not really sure though.

A few questions on the build though

• it doesn't seem that "Double Standards" would be useful as no standard skills are equipped?
  • is the point of headbutt to rush in with with "Brave Stride" and then headbutt?
  • Why use "Might Makes Right" over "Berserker's Power"?
  • Or if you were to use "Might Makes Right", wouldn't "Signet of Rage" / "Restorative Strength" work better than "Headbutt" the elite skill?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I am still trying to get back into the swing of things, and there is so much more to GW2 than I remember 4+ years ago.

Thanks

@"Nefariis.4135" said:Awesome thanks for the help -

I'm guessing I was going for Quickness / Axe Mastery Recharge reduction with the axe, not really sure though.

Well you should start with deciding what kind of build you want. Power or condition. You could theoretically go hybrid but there isn't great support for that.

A few questions on the build though

• it doesn't seem that "Double Standards" would be useful as no standard skills are equipped?

That is taken under the assumption another party member is bringing banners

• is the point of headbutt to rush in with with "Brave Stride" and then headbutt?
  • Why use "Might Makes Right" over "Berserker's Power"?

The damage boost from Berserker's Power only applies to physical/direct/power(I wish the terms were more standardized) damage not conditions. It would still provide a boost but it just comes down to whether you want more defense or offense in the build

• Or if you were to use "Might Makes Right", wouldn't "Signet of Rage" / "Restorative Strength" work better than "Headbutt" the elite skill?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I am still trying to get back into the swing of things, and there is so much more to GW2 than I remember 4+ years ago.

Thanks

Both of the builds are a bit odd though ...