Griffon Questions

Bunny.9834

Hello,I finished the game weeks ago. I was hoping to obtain the Griffon soon but I'm not having any luck.

1. I've been doing a lot of open world stuff trying to get the Griffon Items but so far no luck. Someone told me you need these items to start the quest for it.
  2. Do you have to use the character that you beat the game with or can you use any of your toons to obtain the "griffon items"?

Thanks

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:Hello,I finished the game weeks ago. I was hoping to obtain the Griffon soon but I'm not having any luck.

1. I've been doing a lot of open world stuff trying to get the Griffon Items but so far no luck. Someone told me you need these items to start the quest for it.
  2. Do you have to use the character that you beat the game with or can you use any of your toons to obtain the "griffon items"?

Thanks

As per Dulfy:

"To start with this collection, you will need to finish the main storyline for Path of Fire. You will also need a springer mount with High Vault (Mastery Rank 3) ability. Also be prepared with 250 gold as you will need it for completing the collection (each map has two vendor items required for the collection that costs 25g each)."

http://dulfy.net/2017/09/24/gw2-griffon-mount-collections-guide/

@Purgatori.3645 said:

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:Hello,I finished the game weeks ago. I was hoping to obtain the Griffon soon but I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

As per Dulfy:

"To start with this collection, you will need to finish the main storyline for Path of Fire. You will also need a springer mount with High Vault (Mastery Rank 3) ability. Also be prepared with 250 gold as you will need it for completing the collection (each map has two vendor items required for the collection that costs 25g each)."

That's what you need to be prepared for completing the collection - things you'll need to have in order to complete it. They're not the requirements for unlocking the collection.

According to the Wiki the three items which start the collection drop randomly from foes in PoF maps after you've completed the story. It doesn't say it (and I've not done the collection myself) but I suspect that since story progress is character-bound rather than acount-bound that means you need to be on the character that has completed the story. (And of course you have to be in the PoF maps.)

I can't see any info on the drop rates on the Wiki or via a google search, but I also only found 1 post from someone saying they hadn't gotten them and they didn't provide much information on what they'd been doing.

My advice would be simply to go to the PoF maps on the character you completed the story with and kill as many things as possible - event enemies, normal enemies, passive (yellow text) creatures, anything you can kill. And make sure you pick up all the drops.

The wolf and Springer are best for getting to the spot in SE corner of vabbi. Need portal ability for wolf and high spring for springer. You also want the skimmer otherwise Fury of the Brand will make it far more difficult.

I was able to max all mounts with only the four basics and had 12 mastery ready for griffin, enough to max it, all before getting the griffin.

I basically just used the wiki for the Open Skies. It will make it easy to start and know what tasks to do to get through it fast. Finished it all in a day and a half.

To get the items to drop just kill things, they have a high drop rate. You really only need one to know where to go after you go to the person in Vabbi they'll tell you to go to the SE corner of the map. I only had two and got the Open Skies started.

To answer the question that the original poster asked, you do not need those items dropped by mobs in game to start the collection. The items only show you where the Griffon nests are.Edit: And yes, I have the griffon (got it with none of the items you mentioned)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Purgatori.3645 said:

Thanks

As per Dulfy:

That's what you need to be prepared for completing the collection - things you'll need to have in order to complete it. They're not the requirements for unlocking the collection.

According to the Wiki the three items which start the collection drop randomly from foes in PoF maps after you've completed the story. It doesn't say it (and I've not done the collection myself) but I suspect that since story progress is character-bound rather than acount-bound that means you need to be on the character that has completed the story. (And of course you have to be in the PoF maps.)

I can't see any info on the drop rates on the Wiki or via a google search, but I also only found 1 post from someone saying they hadn't gotten them and they didn't provide much information on what they'd been doing.

My advice would be simply to go to the PoF maps on the character you completed the story with and kill as many things as possible - event enemies, normal enemies, passive (yellow text) creatures, anything you can kill. And make sure you pick up all the drops.

I do have all of the items listed which made sense then as to why when I finished the story, I went to Dulfy and went straight to where the griffons are before ever checking wiki :3 but since you do have to finish the story before attempting this, I guess they are from story acheivements? So easy to come by.

Archived