wvw suggestion

xue.6291

Sry, my English is bad,所以我就用中文写,我很喜欢guildwars2 这款游戏,特别是wvw的部分,几年下来,虽然做了新的地图,职业build上也有了改进,但wvw的部分,在战术策略上都没有大的改动,作为玩家,其实玩起来是有点疲惫

今天在玩的过程中,我有个想法,如果把wvw里supply的总量固定下来,会不会带来很多新的东西?比如做每一次的进攻与防守,都更需要精确的计算,zerg 的作用也会变小。每一个计分周期的后段,某一方,或者三方,也许会遇到资源枯竭的情况,提升资源在整个作战周期的重要性,这样,会不会更有趣?

技术改动上也容易实现,只是多制造一条规则,设定一个合理的资源总量,分配给每个资源点。不知这个想法是否有被实验过。

最后如果能再设计一些地图,与城堡,就更好了。

谢谢你们做了这么好的游戏,thanks

Google translate says:

Sry, my English is bad, so I wrote in Chinese,I like guildwars2 this game, especially wvw part,A few years down, although made a new map, career build also improved, but wvw part,In the tactical strategy is not a big change, as a player, in fact, play is a bit tired

Today in the process of playing, I have an idea, if the total amount of wvw supply in the fixed,Will not bring a lot of new things? Such as doing every attack and defense, are more accurate calculations, zerg's role will become smaller.Each sub-period of the sub-period, a party, or tripartite, may encounter the situation of resource depletion, to enhance the importance of resources throughout the >combat cycle,This will not be more interesting?

Technical changes are also easy to achieve, but only to create a rule, set a reasonable amount of resources, assigned to each resource point.I wonder if this idea has been experimented.

Finally, if you can design some maps, and the castle, even better.

Thank you for doing such a good game, thanks

I agree that WvW is a little stale at the moment. I think your idea would be an interesting thing.

I didn't realise until someone pointed it out to me, that each resource node is either at a mill or a quarry - as though it was originally intended that there would be two types of Supply. In EB, for example, each side has access to 1 quarry (Rogue's, Pangloss and Danelon) and 1 mill (Golanta, Speldan and Umberglade).Perhaps that might be a way to make WvW more interesting?

Another thing I think might be interesting is if objectives didn't auto-repair on capture (but they should repair on upgrade, because it's a Great Moment in the game when you shut walls in an enemy's face).

Yes modifying the supply system could be used to bring balance to the matchups. We would need to add new infrastructure to accommodate this, which would mean more things for roamers to do and more tactics and depth for the mode.

Simply decreasing the max supply per map risks making wvsw less accessible to new players. An easy way tho would be to allow camps or resources from other bl to send shipments to others like ebg (like with eotm but more impactful and allow some counterplay). The idea of making the health of ebg dependent on actions in the borderlands is a great concept.

In the extreme case imagine if all ebg yaks brought 1/4 of the current supply they do now. and that the other 3/4 was sent as the excess that any towers/keeps had in your borderland. maybe you could force send anything above 40% of the supply capacity of towers/keeps. so if a tower had max of 100 supply then anytime it had more than 40 in its cache the excess could be sent to ebg. The idea is that you ultimately have less supply in ebg in most instances.... but with proper care you can meet your old cap and even surpass it in the extreme case.

And these shipments could be sent directly to your keep on special occasion or just to your ebg citadel spawn.

So if you lose your entire home bl its gonna hurt ebg alot unless they really care for their camps....might make ebg care about other bl more.

similarly t3 camps could generate more supply and t3 camps in the borderland could mbe even provide direct shipments to ebg etc.

If only you could get players/zerg to stop draining keeps and trolling supply, this might work. I hate to think how long it would take to repair structures or build siege with limited/less supply available. You might be limiting your enemies, but your also limiting yourself.

In b4 zerg maphops to take all your BL supply.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:If only you could get players/zerg to stop draining keeps and trolling supply, this might work. I hate to think how long it would take to repair structures or build siege with limited/less supply available. You might be limiting your enemies, but your also limiting yourself.

If your borderland's zerg is trolling the suppply....how is that the game's problem? Your borderland is your zerg, is that not a relatively true meta fact? So if your borderland is choosing to troll itself....I'm not sure what you want the game to do about it?I think in an open sandbox mode you should give your players tools rather than rails to follow. IF they dont use their tools thats their choice. We are really only having this conversation because anet has not chosen this path to date, and there are so few tools existing ingame that the game is devolved to "walk forward and press 1 and ur a good player, don't worry we will limit new additions so you are always a good player if you do this".

I don't get how the game can be fixed if we always limit ourselves to the failings of others. I mean people have limitations, and those should be taken into account. But there's a difference between that and just pure laziness.....you'd have to read about 3-4 sentences in order to be up to speed with the new system, I don't think that's breaching someone's limitations.

The community's logic to date: If there's a giant lava pool in the corner of a map that has no significance and zergs walk through it and die all the time for no reason.....the game is supposed to put rails up to prevent them from walking through it.Case and point: the desert borderlands.....

Anet is enabling you all to be intellectually lazy.... or a not so nice other word.

I mean I don' t know about you, but I don' t know how to discuss things with half this community anymore....there is no baseline common sense. You need to explain everything and every component like they are completely new players.....its tiring to say the least.I will admit that adding things that I think up would make the conversation so complicated that it would be impossible for half the players to have a discussion on it. Does this mean my ideas are bad? No. They are logical in every sense of the word. This is really a problem limited to this community in my experience....never ever seen it this bad in other communities I've been apart of. But this is the only mmo community i've been with so maybe there's a trend there....I like rts, 4x, and other strategy games you can probably tell. I would be the one looking simpleminded if I posted this stuff on those forums or over teamspeak cause they are too simplified.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:If only you could get players/zerg to stop draining keeps and trolling supply, this might work. I hate to think how long it would take to repair structures or build siege with limited/less supply available. You might be limiting your enemies, but your also limiting yourself.

If your borderland's zerg is trolling the suppply....how is that the game's problem? Your borderland is your zerg, is that not a relatively true meta fact? So if your borderland is choosing to troll itself....I'm not sure what you want the game to do about it?I think in an open sandbox mode you should give your players tools rather than rails to follow. IF they dont use their tools thats their choice. We are really only having this conversation because anet has not chosen this path to date, and there are so few tools existing ingame that the game is devolved to "walk forward and press 1 and ur a good player, don't worry we will limit new additions so you are always a good player if you do this".

I don't get how the game can be fixed if we always limit ourselves to the failings of others. I mean people have limitations, and those should be taken into account. But there's a difference between that and just pure laziness.....you'd have to read about 3-4 sentences in order to be up to speed with the new system, I don't think that's breaching someone's limitations.

The community's logic to date: If there's a giant lava pool in the corner of a map that has no significance and zergs walk through it and die all the time for no reason.....the game is supposed to put rails up to prevent them from walking through it.Case and point: the desert borderlands.....

Anet is enabling you all to be intellectually lazy.... or a not so nice other word.

You do know we are on the same server right?

I don't get how the game can be fixed if we always limit ourselves to the failings of others. I mean people have limitations, and those should be taken into account. But there's a difference between that and just pure laziness....

That's specifically how gw2 works. You can't control people, which is exactly my point. I understand the frustration though, I really do, and I think the idea in general is interesting. I've played other MMOs that are designed differently, for better and worse, and I can tell you that MMOs have unique issues related to their playerbases.

I invite you to run with me this week on home bl to see how we work/manage the map. We aren't all intellectually lazy. At least hop into TS with me and we can chat, I'm not as mean as I appear.

Archived