Bought the Upgrade Deluxe Path of Fire

I redeemed the code and its saying that its already been applied to my account.I checked my account and I don't have an active Heart of Thorns account.I do have Path of Fire though.

Does anyone know whats going on? I submitted a ticket on this 3 days ago and still haven't heard back.I just bought it again to hopefully make it work and just ask for a refund.

I'm at my wit's end. :-1:

@"Mikerochip.5230" said:I redeemed the code and its saying that its already been applied to my account.I checked my account and I don't have an active Heart of Thorns account.I do have Path of Fire though.

Does anyone know whats going on? I submitted a ticket on this 3 days ago and still haven't heard back.I just bought it again to hopefully make it work and just ask for a refund.

I'm at my wit's end. :-1:

Some have trubble to get the free unlocked heart of thorns on account.There is nothing to buy anymore you already have path of fire yet you say you bought it again and try to redeem, that will not work.You done what you can sent in a support ticket they will fix it for you in time, it will take longer then the 72 hours since they are swamped with request atmhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/104184/a-message-about-customer-support-response-times#latest