Please Remove Rune of Trapper

First they came for the amulets, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that amulet.

Then they came for the runes, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that rune.

Then they came for the sigils, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that sigil.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

@apharma.3741 said:First they came for the amulets, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that amulet.

Then they came for the runes, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that rune.

Then they came for the sigils, and I did not speak out—Because I did not use that sigil.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

First they came for chrono and I cheer them for doing so.Then they came for mirage and I cheer them for doing so.Then they came for thi...what the kitten ANet why are you nerfing us too? Stop! You're ruining pvp!

B)

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Guardians should not have stealth, and definitely dragonhunters should not have stealth.

How is this overlooked?

Are you going to explain more around this or just complain about it? What about the stealth caused by the rune is causing you so much trouble you need to make another one of your coveted need threads?

There are two problems I see with this rune:

• It's too profession-specific (if you dont have access to traps you just can't take the rune)
  • Effects are quite powerful compared to other runes (stealth + hyperspeed with no icd)

The only good things preventing this rune from being "totally meta" are traps being slightly underpowered.

Suggestion:

• make it profession-wise "upon using healing skill/utility skill"
  • (or) change the effects
  • (or) icd

@"aelska.4609" said:There are two problems I see with this rune:

• It's too profession-specific (if you dont have access to traps you just can't take the rune)There are a bunch of runes that are like this, wells, shouts, glyphs etc, and some runes that are clearly designed for /are strong on some classes rather than others. I don't see this point as an issue.

• Effects are quite powerful compared to other runes (stealth + hyperspeed with no icd)

"No ICD" can mostly be informed by the cooldown on the actual trap utilities needed to trigger the rune, superspeed not stacking in duration, and almost all traps having a damage component to cause revealed.

The rune really isn't that strong and it's likely not the reason people are losing to DH. OP just wants something to blame.

Enemies are always losing target because of trap activation delay and run into sunset while stealthed with super speed every time using a trap. And hide crucial animations.LB2/F1 thanks to new trait 10s reveal +tons of damage on 20s < cd lmao.Rune is dumb just as madking rune and should be deleted.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"aelska.4609" said:There are two problems I see with this rune:
  • It's too profession-specific (if you dont have access to traps you just can't take the rune)There are a bunch of runes that are like this, wells, shouts, glyphs etc, and some runes that are clearly designed for /are strong on some classes rather than others. I don't see this point as an issue.

"No ICD" can mostly be informed by the cooldown on the actual trap utilities needed to trigger the rune, superspeed not stacking in duration, and almost all traps having a damage component to cause revealed.

The rune really isn't that strong and it's likely not the reason people are losing to DH. OP just wants something to blame.

• Having to take damage from a trap to counter the rune so that it can reveal the opponent is crappy design. Game should reward people not rushing in a trap.
  • Yet superspeed effect still applies, which is also a unique and extremely strong effect in pvp. Disengaging any fight, running like flash to decap a point is stronger than you admit.
  • icd from traps is one thing, icd from rune is an other thing. Being able to cumulate 9s of superspeed and stealth with 3 utilities that will get back 30s later is strong.

My suggestion: modify the rune so that it feels less stupid to use, hence enhancing the player abilities instead of granting him access to unique mechanics in the game.If these mechanics are necessary for the viability of the utilities (traps here), then their effect should get buffed which is an other story.

@aelska.4609 said:

@aelska.4609 said:There are two problems I see with this rune:

• Having to take damage from a trap to counter the rune so that it can reveal the opponent is crappy design. Game should reward people not rushing in a trap.You miss the point. Its not having to take damage to reveal them its that they cant really benefit from the stealth in most close quarters combat or team fights because they get revealed almost instantly.
  • Yet superspeed effect still applies, which is also a unique and extremely strong effect in pvp. Disengaging any fight, running like flash to decap a point is stronger than you admit.This is the only point but its no different from using any other skill for movement.
  • icd from traps is one thing, icd from rune is an other thing. Being able to cumulate 9s of superspeed and stealth with 3 utilities that will get back 30s later is strong.Again, superspeed does no stack. The only way you would get 9 seconds is if you spaced out dropping your traps. You not only run the opportunity cost of taking 3 traps, but often the cost of placing them in sub optimal places. The stealth ends if anyone happens over any of your traps or you attack anyone. If they have dropped 3 traps to gain 9s of stealth and they don't engage where the traps are they are starting combat at a disadvantage due to using utility skills.

The rune is nowhere near as strong as its being made out. It just creates interesting choices and opens up build opportunities through decent opportunity cost: you need to invest in the rune as well as stack taking utilities to make the most of it.

Thought about it and I agree the rune should be removed. Stealth is a very powerful mechanic. Lacking strong control over it within a profession will eventually cause problems, which are then very difficult to resolve without causing collateral damage to other professions.

If the mechanic works for a profession, then add it as a trait or skill.

@Exedore.6320 said:Thought about it and I agree the rune should be removed. Stealth is a very powerful mechanic. Lacking strong control over it within a profession will eventually cause problems, which are then very difficult to resolve without causing collateral damage to other professions.

Just give it an icd if it ever becomes a problem ez

If other specific utility runes were removed trapper rune needs to be reworked or removed too. Stealth/ supper speed on multiple buttons on the skill bar is really kinda cruddy especially when only 2 professions can make use of it.

I would say take out mad king for its abusive nature with secondary strikes too.

If they dont remove it then they need to rework it. Remove the stealth portion for just a base stat increase and keep the super speed only imo.

HAAAAA Well would you look at that guys?

Stealth class be like : "rune of the trapper allow dragon hunters to hide important animations diminishing counterplay and I am like : " wasn't losing to stealth builds just a huge L2P issue accordingly to thieves and mesmers? "

The kind of irony you only find within @Crab Fear.1624 threads....

Such hypocrisy ...it's a L2P issue as long as you're the one abusing it am I right?

as a mesmer player I can assure you that it is mostly about permastealth. so pretty much thief is the only class affected by this. I think longer stealth for mesmer is pretty much useless, because most of the time you need to attack to create clones. I know that there is supposed to be a stealth shatter combo. However I find this hard to pull off since you need mass invisibility aswell as ensure all clones have attacked already in order to have a chance.

I think from a gameplay perspective there should be as much runes and sigils/amuletts int he game as possible. instead of outright removing them they could just half all the stat bonuses like they did with runes.

So we pretending now that certain classes weren't designed and balanced with a reliance on stealth as part of their design and functions while some classes were designed around not having access nor the reliance on it? U add stealth to the classes designed and balanced around not having access to it and the out come is far different and not comparable to classes that were designed with its use as a factor.Again pls devs disregard 90% or more of these threads for balance sake.