FC should be interruptable.

Imperadordf.2687

@Oglaf.1074 said:How exactly do you intent to interrupt it? You'll trigger it if you hit when channeling.

Unblockable stun or daze attacks would be fair i think. Im not very well informed about how it works as a skill, but if we could interrupt it somehow, it would make 1v1s a bit more fair in my opinion.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:How exactly do you intent to interrupt it? You'll trigger it if you hit when channeling.

Unblockable stun or daze attacks would be fair i think. Im not very well informed about how it works as a skill, but if we could interrupt it somehow, it would make 1v1s a bit more fair in my opinion.

Unblockables already go through it. I've killed my share of Spellbreakers using Dagger Burst while they attempt to Full Counter.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Full Counter ABSORBS the next incoming attack, and therefore is currently the ONLY counter vs Unblockable Skills. This is why the skill is called FULL Counter.If it needs a nerf, dont nerf its Character.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Full Counter ABSORBS the next incoming attack, and therefore is currently the ONLY counter vs Unblockable Skills. This is why the skill is called FULL Counter.If it needs a nerf, dont nerf its Character.

Full Counter does not counter unblockables.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Full Counter does not counter unblockables.

should not work like this.

It clearly says "ABSORB".Full Counter should counter unblockables. If it didn't we might have a bug here.

Last few posts were wrongFull counter only makes next attack 0 damage and has stabilityRip the stability and it can be interrupted.It is also susceptible to condition application during (revenge counter does add resistance on hit tho)

there is no block with full counter, and it is interruptible once you remove stability, so 2 CC's will interrupt full counter, and is not hard to pull off.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:Last few posts were wrongFull counter only makes next attack 0 damage and has stabilityRip the stability and it can be interrupted.It is also susceptible to condition application during (revenge counter does add resistance on hit tho)

there is no block with full counter, and it is interruptible once you remove stability, so 2 CC's will interrupt full counter, and is not hard to pull off.

So can I block it when I use 2 Daze Shot? Thats nice

Steal, when traited for it (which every thief runs) , interrupts it. Double cc's interrupt it (Or closely timed enough cc's), stuns with boon removal sigils (in PvP) interrupt it (for some reason, the order seems kind of weird). Corrupts or removals in general seem to interact weirdly with FC. Yes unblockables do not do anything against fullcounter since it essentially means 1 power hit is fully negated, however condi still works. Blind therefore counters it (unless you proc it and the warrior traited for the resistance, in which case the blind obviously doesn't work). I think one of the biggest problems with fullcounter is not the damage, but the utility you get from it from the traits (protection, resistance, extra dmg, condi copy, slow/cripple) , along with the fact that if you run Defense (which everyone does) you get a guaranteed Adrenal Health stack when FC procs, not when it does actual damage. That and it being unblockable seems kinda strong.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:Last few posts were wrongFull counter only makes next attack 0 damage and has stabilityRip the stability and it can be interrupted.It is also susceptible to condition application during (revenge counter does add resistance on hit tho)

So can I block it when I use 2 Daze Shot? Thats nice

so long as both dazes hit before FC returns the damage, it will daze, causing the fc to be fully canceled.

@Arddyn.7683 said:Steal, when traited for it (which every thief runs) , interrupts it. Double cc's interrupt it (Or closely timed enough cc's), stuns with boon removal sigils (in PvP) interrupt it (for some reason, the order seems kind of weird). Corrupts or removals in general seem to interact weirdly with FC. Yes unblockables do not do anything against fullcounter since it essentially means 1 power hit is fully negated, however condi still works. Blind therefore counters it (unless you proc it and the warrior traited for the resistance, in which case the blind obviously doesn't work). I think one of the biggest problems with fullcounter is not the damage, but the utility you get from it from the traits (protection, resistance, extra dmg, condi copy, slow/cripple) , along with the fact that if you run Defense (which everyone does) you get a guaranteed Adrenal Health stack when FC procs, not when it does actual damage. That and it being unblockable seems kinda strong.

pretty sure adrenal only procs when it hits, if that's not the case it needs to be

@Imperadordf.2687 said:That might be only nerf Spellbreaker needs right now in PvP. (I haven't experienced the boon-strip everyone cries about yet.)

Otherwise, in PvE SB is the worst specialization ever.

So a magical severing block should be susceptible to magic or physical stuns? I highly doubt it, the entire point of spellbreaker's counter is they are severing magic, they block any blockable attack, then evade.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:That might be only nerf Spellbreaker needs right now in PvP. (I haven't experienced the boon-strip everyone cries about yet.)

Otherwise, in PvE SB is the worst specialization ever.

So a magical severing block should be susceptible to magic or physical stuns? I highly doubt it, the entire point of spellbreaker's counter is they are severing magic, they block any blockable attack, then evade.

It also blocks any unblockable attack, provided that unblockable attack did not also steal or corrupt the SpellBreaker's stability at the same time.

Why do people say FC blocks attacks when FC is NOT a block... it absorbs physical attacks, leaving conditions to pass through. I think FC not being easily interrupted is good atm as it is the only skill that kinda doesn't suck. Dagger damages are meh.

For sake of everyone... make FC uncritable (but leave it as unblockable with daze) and buff daggers instead.Or even make FC to critically hit everyone who hits the Spellbreaker during Full Counter stance and enemies who don't hit the SB (while the SB is in FC stance) will be affected by the FC aoe by non-crit hit every time. Idk if it is feasible, but at least some balance and punishing right enemies... it can be even as part of the grandmaster trait. But please, buff those damn daggers.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:I would remove the unblockable part and have it only apply Resistance and give Adrenal Health stacks if it actually hits something. This would let you intentionally trigger it then use a block to avoid being affected by it.

Do you get adrenal health right now even if full counter attack part doesnt hit anything? ( when i fight against sb i always trigger it and dodge right after.. thinking they would not benefit from traits this way..)

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:I would remove the unblockable part and have it only apply Resistance and give Adrenal Health stacks if it actually hits something. This would let you intentionally trigger it then use a block to avoid being affected by it.

Do you get adrenal health right now even if full counter attack part doesnt hit anything? ( when i fight against sb i always trigger it and dodge right after.. thinking they would not benefit from traits this way..)

Same, but I started to think they get the Adrenal Health even if they don't hit, since one I was dueling didn't hit me once with any burst or FC, but his HP kept ticking up 5% at a time. Was too engaged at the moment to pay attention to his enhancement bar to see if that was the case.

The problem with Full Counter is there is usually very little counterplay to its use. The best/only option for most classes is to trigger with a quick attack during FC animation and then immediately dodge backwards away from the warrior. Since FC is instant, this is not really an option since Warrior gets to choose when to use during opponent's animation times.

Also, because FC is instant can also be used while the Warrior dodges thus avoiding any animation queue too (or that incoming strike). And what puts FC over the top is using with Daredevil Runes because of that the rune 6th bonus guarantees the huge hit every single time.

FC should keep the instant cast but be tweaked.

Evasion on 1/2s cast time strike is pretty OP. I'd remove this part to allow for counterplay. And evasion while attacking is generally reserved for other class abilities that are weak damage/some secondary utility (barring Daredevil Staff 5 which is still questionable on power).

Secondly, FC unblockable on strike seems questionable balance-wise on such a hard-hitting ability to begin with too. So either unblockable needs to be removed or FC damage needs to be a flat damage (no crit) lifesteal amount like Mug traited Steal but also should be higher level lifesteal value to an extent and fits the tank-it Warrior theme.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:You don't get any Full Counter/Burst benefits unless Full Counter actually hits something.

This is incorrect, so long as something makes the full counter go off, you will get a single adrenal health stack. Even if you do not hit with the actual Fullcounter attack(If it goes off and someone evades it for example). And so long as the fullcounter goes off you will also get the protection and resistance, should you trait for it.

@Arddyn.7683 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:You don't get any Full Counter/Burst benefits unless Full Counter actually hits something.

This is incorrect, so long as something makes the full counter
go off
, you will get a single adrenal health stack. Even if you do not hit with the actual Fullcounter attack(If it goes off and someone evades it for example). And so long as the fullcounter goes off you will also get the protection and resistance, should you trait for it.

I just tested it myself and you are correct. We should not get any of these benefits unless we connect. The actual attack should also not be an evade so you can trigger it then CC just like the best.

@Arddyn.7683 said:

This is incorrect, so long as something makes the full counter
go off
, you will get a single adrenal health stack. Even if you do not hit with the actual Fullcounter attack(If it goes off and someone evades it for example). And so long as the fullcounter goes off you will also get the protection and resistance, should you trait for it.

It's fine. You are supposed to get the benefits if someone triggers is.

Archived