Question about fractals and ascended drops

What exactly has a chance to drop ascended stuff? The chests you open in the fractal or the chests you get from daily fractals? I've been back almost 2 months now and have yet to get anything. I do t2 dailies every day. I'm wondering if my chances increase if I do the each daily from t1 and t2 , rather than just getting both chests doing t2. Also is there any chance from doing fractals that aren't dailies

You can preview the daily chests.T2 rarely drops ascended chests --- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Adept%27s_Chest---> on the drop rate page one user opened 800 daily boxes and received 10 , so it's roughly 1% chanceT3 rarely drops ascended chests --- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Expert%27s_Chest---> someone opened 800 boxes and obtained 13 , so it's likely slightly higher chance despite also being rareT4 drops ascended chests uncommonly for shoulders/gloves/boot and rarely for chest/legpiece/helm/weapon --- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Master%27s_Chest---> one user opened 800 and another anonymous one opened 900 and in both cases the total was less than 25 ascended boxes (<2%)

Odds are you probably won't get one.

If you want a surefire way either craft them or do strikes until you're bored and trade in the prophet shards (especially if you are done with the runic armor sets).

Thanks for the info. I have max crafters but the the low to mid level mats for leather and cloth needed are too expensive to buy. Because there doesn't seem to be a good way to farm these. Which is why I have trying fractals instead. Don't even know what strikes are so i'll look that up.

@Ozzio.8024 said:What exactly has a chance to drop ascended stuff? The chests you open in the fractal or the chests you get from daily fractals? I've been back almost 2 months now and have yet to get anything. I do t2 dailies every day. I'm wondering if my chances increase if I do the each daily from t1 and t2 , rather than just getting both chests doing t2. Also is there any chance from doing fractals that aren't dailies

When you get your personal level up high, I found on average I'd get 1 box every 2-3 weeks. I'd recommend also running tequatl once per reset if it falls within your time to do so, when you're not able to do fractals (they can be time consuming with the average pug group). The odds of getting it is low as well, probably a lot lower than fractals, but I've got several boxes from there as well, at worst you still get the 1 gold and tons of crap drops + karma for about 15 minutes of your time.

@Strider.7849 said:

@Ozzio.8024 said:What exactly has a chance to drop ascended stuff? The chests you open in the fractal or the chests you get from daily fractals? I've been back almost 2 months now and have yet to get anything. I do t2 dailies every day. I'm wondering if my chances increase if I do the each daily from t1 and t2 , rather than just getting both chests doing t2. Also is there any chance from doing fractals that aren't dailies

When you get your personal level up high, I found on average I'd get 1 box every 2-3 weeks. I'd recommend also running tequatl once per reset if it falls within your time to do so, when you're not able to do fractals (they can be time consuming with the average pug group). The odds of getting it is low as well, probably a lot lower than fractals, but I've got several boxes from there as well, at worst you still get the 1 gold and tons of kitten drops + karma for about 15 minutes of your time.

Ok thanks for the advice. :)

I never really kept track but friends who used to do t4s consistently mentioned it was around 1 box a week. That aside just the gold from doing that is enough to craft another 1 or 2 pieces per week even if you don't get any drop. Depending on the stat using the pages and grandmaster marks might be cheaper than crafting directly.