Can mirage atleast get swiftness on dodge — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Can mirage atleast get swiftness on dodge

appelflap.8310appelflap.8310 Member ✭✭
edited May 9, 2020 in Professions

Can mirage atleast get swiftness on dodge? (for 10 secs on dodge, i mean look at daredevil dash it gets 10 secs each dodge and has 3 dodges lol?)
With the changes to mirage only having 1 dodge i feel like we need swiftness (nobody wants to take focus), atm mesmers in general has to take runes with 25% movement speed (unless you're chrono, but ye why would a mesmer play chrono). Let mirages go for other runes then 25% movement speed ones with easy access to swiftness like so many other classes on this game and maybe the 1 dodge wont feel so bad anymore.

Comments

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mirages still absolutely vomit out clones. If you stop that, then sure bring that that dodge.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@appelflap.8310 said:
    Can mirage atleast get swiftness on dodge? (for 10 secs on dodge, i mean look at daredevil dash it gets 10 secs each dodge and has 3 dodges lol?)
    With the changes to mirage only having 1 dodge i feel like we need swiftness (nobody wants to take focus), atm mesmers in general has to take runes with 25% movement speed (unless you're chrono, but ye why would a mesmer play chrono). Let mirages go for other runes then 25% movement speed ones with easy access to swiftness like so many other classes on this game and maybe the 1 dodge wont feel so bad anymore.

swiftness on dodge? that would be overpowered.

• Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭

add it to core mes bcs it needs mobility way more than mirage, maybe add to sword trait (in dueling) "+25% movement speed while wielding a sword"

// Yanim

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

Rune Of Evasion does that

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020

@Quadox.7834 said:
    add it to core mes bcs it needs mobility way more than mirage, maybe add to sword trait (in dueling) "+25% movement speed while wielding a sword"

... because mirage can't use a sword and does also not have a sword ambush that improves mobility even further...

Give it to core and mirage will benefit even more of it.

Besides that: a lot of classes are forced into certain runes to be viable. Runes are a key part of your build. They have been buffed recently to be able to define your playstyle. And if you want mobility on a spec that is not meant to have it, then you have to sacrifice something.

In other words: if you give mesmer more swiftness, then you give it a free 10 to 15% damage increase as well, as it can just run scholar rune.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mirage dodge already increases movement speed with a minor trait.