Returning after 6+ years

Fenix.4795

And nothing seems to have changed, PvP is an unbalanced unfun clusterfuck. I originally bought the game 7 years ago after anet spouted how much effort into pvp they were going to put, but I guess I'll try GW again in another 6-7 years.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Fenix.4795" said:And nothing seems to have changed, PvP is an unbalanced unfun kitten.You don't reckon it might be that after 7 years of not playing the game you're a bit rusty compared to the lads who've played this game's PvP for 10k+ hours since 8 years back? ?

i and very few been here since beta and back up the Op statement. Let me ask you, how long have you've here to ridicule the OP statement including us?

'I admit I'm not playing a top class for pvp meta but i'm just dismayed at how badly the balance ... Ranked pvp is dead in gw2 and has been for about 5 seasons now. ... that should've been common knowledge in 2012 then it's not about "oh can't win them all i guess! ... especially with how bad balance is.'

i challenge you to ridicule 9-8 years history.....

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Let me ask you, how long have you've here to ridicule the OP statement including us?Since the very first day this game released.

'I admit I'm not playing a top class for pvp meta but i'm just dismayed at how badly the balance ...Balance is better than it's been in a very long time. I see every class getting played regularly in Plat 3/Legend. Some with several viable builds. So its arguably even better than it was in the core game era that many hold in such a high regard. Its definitely better than any of the HoT and PoF metagames we've had through the years.

Ranked pvp is dead in gw2 and has been for about 5 seasons now. .It's pretty alive tho. At least on EU. I haven't the foggiest what its like on NA.

And if you're talking about the e-sports aspect of the game, that died far longer ago than just 5 seasons ago. And for a myriad of reasons, most of them not being game balance related issues.

@Aktium.9506 said:

Let me ask you, how long have you've here to ridicule the OP statement including us?Since the very first day this game released.

'I admit I'm not playing a top class for pvp meta but i'm just dismayed at how badly the balance ...Balance is better than it's been in a very long time. I see every class getting played regularly in Plat 3/Legend. Some with several viable builds. So its arguably even better than it was in the core game era that many hold in such a high regard. Its definitely better than any of the HoT and PoF metagames we've had through the years.

Ranked pvp is dead in gw2 and has been for about 5 seasons now. .It's pretty alive tho. At least on EU. I haven't the foggiest what its like on NA.

And if you're talking about the e-sports aspect of the game, that died far longer ago than just 5 seasons ago. And for a myriad of reasons, most of them not being game balance related issues.

Aktium, I think you are being overly optimistic and being overly positive

@Fenix.4795 said:And nothing seems to have changed, PvP is an unbalanced unfun kitten. I originally bought the game 7 years ago after anet spouted how much effort into pvp they were going to put, but I guess I'll try GW again in another 6-7 years.

Anet had tried to improve on balancing. However recent changes look like they gave up already - which is not a good sign for the future.

I have played from release (headstart and end of beta where I got in as someone that preordered) until end of 2013. Then I cam back 2019, June. PvP I think I started again end 2019 beginning 2020. So I guess the same amount of "break".

I still like the game and I liked it back then. PvP better than just zerging in WvW. (WvW seems completely dead now. Every time I go there less commanders and people talkin in chat.) PvP the same - at least in mid skill tier. 1-3 minutes queues only. Nice maps. Some maps got changed (where I liked the older versions.)

I like it ... but the amount of bigger changes is really underwhelming considering almost nothing huge except the new elite specs (which got made to sell the PvE expansion) and the try for Stronghold. With removing Spirit Watch from the rotation and nerfing Skyhammer it even feels like things that were fun got reduced. (I liked Skyhammer where people could get knocked down tactically in the old version ha ha.)