Bunker Sustain and Node Holding is the way

I just watched a custom draft tournament between over ten Plat 3 - Legendary players on Naru's stream.And without exception, the winning team had more bunkers and focused on holding nodes more than killing players.Players take a lot longer to go down.And even when they do go down, cleaving downs has become a lot harder.Resses happen frequently in almost all the games with the bunker teams having more success at ressing.MVP voted was Eura who was good enough to hold a node 1 vs many, usually against 3 and even up to 4 enemy players (and they were all plat 3 - legendary levels mind you).Conclusion is that Bunker sustain is king and holding nodes is more important than killing players because of the increased difficulty in securing downs.

The stream video of the tourney here if anyone's interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/616107199

This is premade teams playing team compositions. Their builds, to some degree at least, complement each other. They likely use voice communication to move around the map and support each other. This has little to do with what a lot of solo or duo players experience in ranked or unranked matches.

This was a counter build due to the other team running condi damage. Not really good for solo queue tbh

I ran zerk soulbeast and it got farmed on Foefire in the first game. Go look. I played something in response to the crev fb condi teamfight meta, not because this build is meta.

Just like how if the meta was a bunch of roamers or power spec, I'd go zerk soulbeast to counter that, cause the build in the video would be garbage and the best strat would be to kill them.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Another veiled "nerf ranger" thread by a notorious necro main from wvw...it's basically the only class that still stand chance against that ranged bunker condi abomination when played a bit above the potato level of skill overall required to play it..to start with

Uh no. That is not the purpose of this thread.In fact, I’ve not asked to nerf rangers for over a year.

And yes I’m a Necro main but I wouldn’t protect my class either when it is currently massively over performing in WvW. You’re right that necro is currently a bunker abomination.And I’ve called for Necro to be nerfed hard at least 4 times since the patch.