Firebrand rotation question

Omnicron.2467

Hi everyone!

I was having a look at rotations for Firebrand and read this: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/guardian/condi-fb-build-guide/

I am a bit confused, as far as I understand you open with your axe symbol and then swap to sceptre, and then in your roatation you never weapon swap again and stay with septre regardless of how long the fight lasts (the repeated steps for the rotation excludes the axe skill). What is the point of the axe in this rotation if you do not even go back to it for a repeated symbol use or anything? Why auto attack with septre rather than switching to axe?If the axe is that bad compared to the sceptre why even equip one?

I play guardian very little, but it looks like scepter is considered superior to axe for damage. When it doesn't make sense to weapon-swap during a rotation, it can often be beneficial to open with a different set to blow a good cd and then swap off.

My guess is you could ignore that opener and not lose very much, especially over a long fight.

Scepter is only best on stationary bosses without adds. I use both, and swap when needed to either. I use Axe at the start, on adds, and for CC. It's a great weapon.

Also remember this is a Benchmark, and is being used on a stationary target without any adds, etc. The axe is used here to do two Symbols at the start for more burst. The Axe will be way better on an add fight, and a fight with a lot of movement though.

The reason is that sitting in axe for the full duration of a weapon swap cool down is lower DPS than scepter because of the longer cool down from axe’s symbol.

Axe is just used at the start of the fight since the weapon swap cool down doesn’t really matter for your first swap and it’s a tiny bit extra DPS for a fight start.

Archived