Showing the template name when using a shortcut to switch — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Showing the template name when using a shortcut to switch

Torben.5628Torben.5628 Member ✭✭
edited May 10, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

When I hit my keyboard shortcut to switch the armor or skill template, it says "Activating Template"

It might be a bit hard to remember which template is on which key across all characters. Maybe you can show "Activating Template (name)" instead? For example "Activating Template Condi" or "Activating Template xXBerserkersXx3000_".

I would much appreciate that small change

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree. If it's possible this would be a really helpful change.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great idea! Post it in the QoL thread where the Devs are more likely to see it.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Torben.5628Torben.5628 Member ✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Great idea! Post it in the QoL thread where the Devs are more likely to see it.

thanks! I just did that https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1235621/#Comment_1235621

• Please make this happen. As someone who plays multiple classes and hundreds of builds across them and who frequently swaps equipment and build templates within the same instance/run hotkeys for template swap are a godsend and their use has become a reflex at this point. However the generic "Activating Template" text after using a hotkey to swap leaves me with a lingering sense of doubt and anxiety that "maybe I fat-fingered the wrong key". Support for custom template names in place of this flavorless and vague text would eliminate this doubt completely and help foster a much more organic and immersive experience.