Conditions need a Damage Nerf as well!!!

Myror.7521

Sooo after you destroy Power Builds nearly completly (sure some are there like power rev or thief) you finaly need to do something against condition Builds aswell. Sure you nerf condition runes but you hard nerf Power runes aswell. Sure you reduce the condition duration (what means no nerf to conditions cause of simply you actually could Burst them so duration means nothing. (best thing you ......... could do a 5k tick with one condition (maybe fire) in less than 3 seconds with low cd on the skill that do so many stacks, while you left power builds like Warrior with 5-8k max dps while been complete glassy). So all in all now is the situation that you need to play complete glassy to deal any dps with power Builds while condition Builds are playing on defence and doing same amount of burst damage as power Builds.

P.S. Pls reduce the stacks of conditions per attack or just simply reduce its damage per time!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pati.2438 said:Sooo after you destroy Power Builds nearly completly (sure some are there like power rev or thief)

Pherald, renegade, pthief, pranger, prot holo, pDH, LR weaver are power builds in this meta, viable in high tier.

Cnecro, vherald, cDH, cmirage are viable condi builds in this meta, in both low and high tier.

D:

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Why is it always conditions instead of the build that is over performing with the damage type...

people dont like condis, so they will take any opportunity to strike at them, immagine. Power rev is too strong, lets nerf ALL power builds reEEeEEEEE

I mean, they did just do that, yknow. All power builds
were
nerfed.

so? all condi builds were nerfed too

How about we don't delete all condition builds yeah?

Just because condi mirage condi weaver burn guard and condi rev was strong, doesn't mean all should be nerfed into the ground, that just kills variety.

Also i'm not really sure how good the ones i mentioned are.

You guys are making this game unfun please stop Q_Qing and get some condi cleanses.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Why is it always conditions instead of the build that is over performing with the damage type...

people dont like condis, so they will take any opportunity to strike at them, immagine. Power rev is too strong, lets nerf ALL power builds reEEeEEEEE

People don't like condis, bunker, one-shot, range, melee, pets, dodges, AoE, ... when other have it.But they're perfectly fine having these in their own team :)

@Kulvar.1238 Nah i don,t like them in any team .... they just like don't need mutch skill but could ezy carry teams hard.

@Axl.8924 I exactly don't want them to dead nerf conditions ..... all i want is that they bring them finaly in good balance. Conditions shouldn't work as burst damage .... they should work as damage over time and in its current state they made a higher burst damage than power builds while also doing damage over time.

@Pati.2438 said:@Kulvar.1238 Nah i don,t like them in any team .... they just like don't need mutch skill but could ezy carry teams hard.

@"Axl.8924" I exactly don't want them to dead nerf conditions ..... all i want is that they bring them finaly in good balance. Conditions shouldn't work as burst damage .... they should work as damage over time and in its current state they made a higher burst damage than power builds while also doing damage over time.

Why should you not die quickly if you fail to avoid a strong skill or a group of strong skills? Damage type should not matter on this regard.

Do some combos or skills need toning down? Probably. But every time I read "condi should not burst" it always sounds like "I don't want to be punished for not avoiding skills".

@Sigmoid.7082 The reason why conditions shouldn't burst is simply cause of the most condition Build could allready kill ya slowly AND burst you.... so you get damage over time and the same amount of burst damage of Power Builds.

What does this mean exactly? Here is the answer:

Power Builds: have to deal with blindness, with thoughness, with weakness, with Protection, with Aegis, with Blocks, and need to be played complete glassyCondition Builds: Have to deal with condition cleans and Resistance only (sure if they would be like ONLY bursty like Power Builds they would to have to deal with Aegis, Blocks, Blinds too ... but exactly they aren't only Bursty they are damage over time and Bursty) they do damage over time and the same amount of Burst damage as Power builds plus are played defence like.

So why exactly i want that they do something against conditions? simply cause you have 2 Damage arts in One Build (Burst and damage over time) Plus having less things to deal with plus having more defence options.

@Pati.2438 said:@Sigmoid.7082 The reason why conditions shouldn't burst is simply cause of the most condition Build could allready kill ya slowly AND burst you.... so you get damage over time and the same amount of burst damage of Power Builds.

Power Builds: have to deal with blindness, with thoughness, with weakness, with Protection, with Aegis, with Blocks, and need to be played complete glassyCondition Builds: Have to deal with condition cleans and Resistance only (sure if they would be like ONLY bursty like Power Builds they would to have to deal with Aegis, Blocks, Blinds too ... but exactly they aren't only Bursty they are damage over time and Bursty) they do damage over time and the same amount of Burst damage as Power builds plus are played defence like.

So why exactly i want that they do something against conditions? simply cause you have 2 Damage arts in One Build (Burst and damage over time) Plus having less things to deal with plus having more defence options.

You DO understand, that to apply a condition, you need to actually successfully HIT your target, yeah>? SURPRISE! Aegis, Blocks, Blinds etc -----will prevent you from applying condi damage too!

@Pati.2438 said:@Sigmoid.7082 The reason why conditions shouldn't burst is simply cause of the most condition Build could allready kill ya slowly AND burst you.... so you get damage over time and the same amount of burst damage of Power Builds.

your arguments mean nothing and are flawed and wrong, provide me with 2 equally strong meta power and condi builds, and compare their bursts, sustained damage, and defensive options + mobility. One of the only condi bursts that I see is 1 condi thief, and 2 condi mes. And condi mes lacks in sustained damage alot, and honestly cthief lacks the sustained damage too to a degree, thats why they rely on thief guild + poison share to force people off if burst misses/gets cleansed.You can say whatever you like without proof so how about you provide it?

@Pati.2438 said:Sooo after you destroy Power Builds nearly completly (sure some are there like power rev or thief) you finaly need to do something against condition Builds aswell. Sure you nerf condition runes but you hard nerf Power runes aswell. Sure you reduce the condition duration (what means no nerf to conditions cause of simply you actually could Burst them so duration means nothing. (best thing you ......... could do a 5k tick with one condition (maybe fire) in less than 3 seconds with low cd on the skill that do so many stacks, while you left power builds like Warrior with 5-8k max dps while been complete glassy). So all in all now is the situation that you need to play complete glassy to deal any dps with power Builds while condition Builds are playing on defence and doing same amount of burst damage as power Builds.

P.S. Pls reduce the stacks of conditions per attack or just simply reduce its damage per time!Ever heard of cleanses?

Every class can build for being immune to conditons for an enough amount of time to compensate the glassiness (game basics!). Some classes can build to be able to outsustain a condi build forever while still being a threat to power builds.

Seriously: the patch was in february. The only bursty condi build (revenant) has been nerfed. Gurdian burns can hurt but are laughably easy to avoid. We've may now and you still did not figure out to create an anti condi build. How much hand-holding do you need?

-Condition Base Professions-

1. Necromancer ProfessionifReOEA.jpg

2. Ranger ProfessionvWtIaSn.jpg

3. Thief ProfessionsPPzrD7.jpg

4. Mesmer ProfessionpTZbm8G.jpg

5. Elementalist Profession1CiXl5p.jpg

80% Condition Problem Fixed- Remove conditions spec. from the remaining Professions

1. Guardian Profession- Healer, Support
  2. Warrior Profession-Dps, Melee
  3. Engineer Profession-Alchemy, Support

Power builds do the same thing unless you're suggesting power damage only comes in bursts and resets. It doesnt on case your wondering. Even power burst builds have ways to applying sustained pressure. I don't really understand this as a point.

Why do so many people suggest that condi builds don't have to deal with blind, aegis, blocks or evasion. There's literally no difference to avoiding burst combos between the two damage types..conditions don't just appear on you you have to be hit.

You've made exactly 0 relevant points here when considering conditions as a whole.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Pati.2438 said:@Kulvar.1238 Nah i don,t like them in any team .... they just like don't need mutch skill but could ezy carry teams hard.

@"Axl.8924" I exactly don't want them to dead nerf conditions ..... all i want is that they bring them finaly in good balance. Conditions shouldn't work as burst damage .... they should work as damage over time and in its current state they made a higher burst damage than power builds while also doing damage over time.

Why should you not die quickly if you fail to avoid a strong skill or a group of strong skills? Damage type should not matter on this regard.

Do some combos or skills need toning down? Probably. But every time I read "condi should not burst" it always sounds like "I don't want to be punished for not avoiding skills".

Because the thing with conditions, and condition burst is that you didnt "fail to avoid a strong skill or a group of strong skills". What you "failed to avoid" (which is a misnomer as we see in a bit) are instant cast skills, and on-X effects that, in order to prevent them, would require you to have 100% evade/block/invuln uptime. This isnt like power where the hardhitting skills are clearly telegraphed and easily avoidable. In case of condi, they arent telegraphed, and quite often arent even avoidable.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

You DO understand, that to apply a condition, you need to actually successfully HIT your target, yeah>? SURPRISE! Aegis, Blocks, Blinds etc -----will prevent you from applying condi damage too!

Here is the difference. Against a power build, you have to aegis/block/blind their big skill, like say deathstrike on Rev, and thats their damage gone. Condi doesnt really have those kinds of skills. Theyre either instant, or they are on-X effects like venoms or traits. Meaning that you will get hit by burst without being unable to stop it, and even the other forms of burst, well, youd need 100% uptime of active defenses to avoid them. Which isnt feasible.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Power builds do the same thing unless you're suggesting power damage only comes in bursts and resets. It doesnt on case your wondering. Even power burst builds have ways to applying sustained pressure. I don't really understand this as a point.

Not really, power burst builds, like power herald, are quite lacking in the sustained damage department. They function, but they function poorly.

Why do so many people suggest that condi builds don't have to deal with blind, aegis, blocks or evasion. There's literally no difference to avoiding burst combos between the two damage types..conditions don't just appear on you you have to be hit.

There are big differences between avoiding the 2 damage types. In case of power, we are talking about things like shackling wave, like Deathstrike, like Maul or worldly impact, so on and so forth. Clearly telegraphed skills with a cast time you can react to, and stop. With condi, were talking things like steal + deathstrike (instant), judges intervention (instant), Jaunt and Cry of Frustration (instant and potentially instant), Embrace (constant tick, also instant), as well as every single on-X trait that turns any attack, no matter how telegraphed (or not), into a burst skill on par with the easily avoidable skills like Shackling Wave. If Condis did work like power did, itd be a different story, but they would be weak at that point. Thats why they dont.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Because the thing with conditions, and condition burst is that you didnt "fail to avoid a strong skill or a group of strong skills". What you "failed to avoid" (which is a misnomer as we see in a bit) are instant cast skills, and on-X effects that, in order to prevent them, would require you to have 100% evade/block/invuln uptime. This isnt like power where the hardhitting skills are clearly telegraphed and easily avoidable. In case of condi, they arent telegraphed, and quite often arent even avoidable.

Stop generalising.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Not really, power burst builds, like power herald, are quite lacking in the sustained damage department. They
function
, but they function poorly.

There are
big
differences between avoiding the 2 damage types. In case of power, we are talking about things like shackling wave, like Deathstrike, like Maul or worldly impact, so on and so forth. Clearly telegraphed skills with a cast time you can react to, and stop. With condi, were talking things like steal + deathstrike (instant), judges intervention (instant), Jaunt and Cry of Frustration (instant and potentially instant), Embrace (constant tick, also instant), as well as every single on-X trait that turns any attack, no matter how telegraphed (or not), into a burst skill on par with the easily avoidable skills like Shackling Wave. If Condis
did
work like power did, itd be a different story, but they would be weak at that point. Thats why they dont.

Stop generalising while referencing the problem classes or traits. That's part of my entire point. Conditions as a whole aren't a problem.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Stop generalising.

Try and find a single condi build that doesnt rely on instant cast skills, on-X effects or pulsing fields for its damage. Spoiler: Doesnt exist. Im not "generalising", because what Im saying applies to every single condi build in existence.