iso updated Druid wvw build with Staff

MrFisticuffs.7306

It's fundamentally broken (not in a good way) in WvW , celestial avatar was nerfed to have cooldown a while back and glyph of empowerment was removed outright. On top of that you have the issue of pets that you cannot stow permanently so when pushing with a stealthed group you give away the location of the group. Druid staff actually doesn't heal as much as water tempest staff or heal scrapper in med kit.

For roaming purposes however you can probably run core power WS or power WS soulbeast , if not condi+heal druid (which is just bunkery to let people bleed out). There's less projectile reflection and party condi clear in a roaming setting so you can make use of shortbow or axe mainhands , assuming you can't get in melee range with dagger (low cleave).

If you're looking to roam on a druid, both power and condi are still viable to run (though you'll still certainly feel the nerfs that have been applied in the past).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POjAMZlFwwYdMPGKO2Ptt6SWRaA-zRhYBh78JigtoAEDCrUaLByMEioA6NCscWqyMC-eThis is the power longbow/staff build I run -- longbow for damage, staff as a utility weapon. Just some notes about it:

• Very squishy but has decent survivability through kiting and weaving stealth. Feel free to change up the stats to your liking.
  • 3 stunbreaks on the bar since we lack stability :tongue:
  • Decent condi cleanse--particularly useful with the popularity of condi right now in WvW.
  • Most importantly, it's a lot of fun!

The majority of my WvW playtime is still logged on my druid, so don't lose hope on druid :)

I've also made some quick videos of the build in action if you're keen to view how it plays:

If you're looking for a condi build, Paper Roll has some thorough explanations on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3kkLvqJICIc5DkMtieV8g

@"kuteykathy.8123" said:If you're looking to roam on a druid, both power and condi are still viable to run (though you'll still certainly feel the nerfs that have been applied in the past).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POjAMZlFwwYdMPGKO2Ptt6SWRaA-zRhYBh78JigtoAEDCrUaLByMEioA6NCscWqyMC-eThis is the power longbow/staff build I run -- longbow for damage, staff as a utility weapon. Just some notes about it:

• Very squishy but has decent survivability through kiting and weaving stealth. Feel free to change up the stats to your liking.
  • 3 stunbreaks on the bar since we lack stability :tongue:
  • Decent condi cleanse--particularly useful with the popularity of condi right now in WvW.
  • Most importantly, it's a lot of fun!

The majority of my WvW playtime is still logged on my druid, so don't lose hope on druid :)

I've also made some quick videos of the build in action if you're keen to view how it plays:

If you're looking for a condi build, Paper Roll has some thorough explanations on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3kkLvqJICIc5DkMtieV8g

Can vouch good build, I saw kuteys videos and tried out the build. One change I made was SoR to SoS and used health regeneration food for CA regeneration instead. If you want to go condi, YouTube paper roll, he has SB/LB condi builds that work very well.

I’m currently experimenting with my own build with staff as main offensive weapon. I think the damage on staff is too underrated. Staff is the most consistent weapon at hitting targets especially with all the projectile deflects/reflects, melee attacks being difficult to land, and staff doesn’t really get obstructed in flat terrain.

Solar beam damage is about 60% of rapid fire in the same timeframe and it doesn’t have a cool down. With quickness, the change in animation for solarbeam is near impossible to see and it's also very difficult to see that the numbers are ticking faster, so you can burst people without them knowing.

You can also fire solarbeam at a 90 degree angle on a target to the side of you, meaning you can kite and damage just by holding down W key

The only downfall is its not great against stealth spamming classes like thieves and mesmers.