One dodge

SteepledHat.1345

This has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Honestly, all this does is centralize every single build around trying to have a baseline capability of every other class. This is mind bogglingly insane to me. Sorry that I'm late to the show, but I just returned from a break. I understand that mesmer nerf memes have been a thing since beta, but dang. The fact that this rolled out of the development group is crazy to me. It's unplayable and unfun. Especially given that the whole Mirage spec was built around using your dodges offensively. (A tradeoff against defense and offense.) Now you're just staggering defensive skills like a warrior and with less HP, armor, and damage. I can't believe this is even in the game. I am honestly finally floored.

As for some ways to alleviate some pain:Energy sigils on each weapon set (I presume you know this though! But for others that may not), and importantly, grab yourself a decent staff (which is an incredibly efficient weapon for Mirage Mesmers, and it feel like it's overlooked) the Chaos Storm combo field synergises with Phase Retreat, as well as axe 2 and 3). It's by no means a replacement but it does smooth it out well and it gives you a really nice attack & retreat option, the flow between Lingering Thoughts, Axes of Symmetry and Phase Retreat flows fantastically.

This applies to both sPvP and PvE scenarios.

I can't comment on WvW however.

@Obliviscaris.6937 said:As for some ways to alleviate some pain:Energy sigils on each weapon set (I presume you know this though! But for others that may not), and importantly, grab yourself a decent staff (which is an incredibly efficient weapon for Mirage Mesmers, and it feel like it's overlooked) the Chaos Storm combo field synergises with Phase Retreat, as well as axe 2 and 3). It's by no means a replacement but it does smooth it out well and it gives you a really nice attack & retreat option, the flow between Lingering Thoughts, Axes of Symmetry and Phase Retreat flows fantastically.

staff is HORIBLE in pvp, it WAS utility weapon that could buy you time and safe space with storm/ambush/clone attacks, but the damage got nerfed to the point where you cant fight back when you are on staff, staff ambush deals 1,3-1,5k damage. People that will attack you will deal 3-4 times as much damage with half the cast time, holoforge will triple or quadruple the damage with basic attacks, if you use staff you will be run down by any and all meta builds, be it power/condi thief, power revs holo.

@viquing.8254 said:But you can damage opponent with retal each chaos storm :p

ye, tried to make staff work, tried some cute combos of ineptitude, staff 2->jaunt to get insta 2clone F2 shatter.It quickly made me realise that1 confusion is fucking useless against anything that pays attention.2 You get legit run the fuck down by 90% meta specs, they just hold W and m1 and you die.3 You have to land the burst 5+ times in a row, I fought ranger and after 6-7 bursts in a row he finally ran out of fuel and started taking damage, meanwhile maul is still 1/4 of my hp and bird still goes whoosh, and in the end bird auto on average deals more then my cute 10traited shatter.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Obliviscaris.6937 said:As for some ways to alleviate some pain:Energy sigils on each weapon set (I presume you know this though! But for others that may not), and importantly, grab yourself a decent staff (which is an incredibly efficient weapon for Mirage Mesmers, and it feel like it's overlooked) the Chaos Storm combo field synergises with Phase Retreat, as well as axe 2 and 3). It's by no means a replacement but it does smooth it out well and it gives you a really nice attack & retreat option, the flow between Lingering Thoughts, Axes of Symmetry and Phase Retreat flows fantastically.

staff is HORIBLE in pvp, it WAS utility weapon that could buy you time and safe space with storm/ambush/clone attacks, but the damage got nerfed to the point where you cant fight back when you are on staff, staff ambush deals 1,3-1,5k damage. People that will attack you will deal 3-4 times as much damage with half the cast time, holoforge will triple or quadruple the damage with basic attacks, if you use staff you will be run down by any and all meta builds, be it power/condi thief, power revs holo.

You mention in one sentence that it's for utility (it is), and then complain about it's damage in the very next sentence. Make up your mind or at least pay attention to what you're typing.