Jaunt rework idea - Retargeting Illusions

FaboBabo.3581

A quick thing which just came into my mind and i wanted to share it.

Increase Jaunts range to 550, decrease conusion stacks to 2 for 6 seconds, instead of 3 for 4 seconds.If u succesfully hit ur Main Target, ur illusions will teleport to ur Target, triggering Jaunt again and then focus to attack this target.

More accessable Way to retarget ur Illusions due to the 3 Charges. Maybe a little bit too much damage, so you could give the illusions a "smaller Jaunt" - less damage only one stack of confusion, but return 3 stacks to base Jaunt again, and reduce range to 500. Basically the more damage on the base Jaunt , the lesser the Range.

@Bod.8261 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:If u succesfully hit ur Main Target (...)What is a
main target
on a ground target skill?

Also: Way too strong. If anything it should deal a tiny bit more power damage.

The target u have in "aim".I dont know 550 range , reduce stacks to 2 for 4 seconds + 33% bonus damage and 1 stack of confusion for every illusion?Maximum of 5 stacks confu + ~100% bonus damage. Only with 3 Illusions of course.

It would show a real purpose, outside of mobilty + little bit of bonus damage.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:The target u have in "aim".That's like a really hard condition for a bonus effect like that - not.

It would show a real purpose, outside of mobilty + little bit of bonus damage.That is the purpose of the skill: Get in or out of trouble, catch mirrors, deal some damage.

Jaunt is more or less the only Mirage skill that is fine.We could do with more range and less radius, but I'd rather change everything else about the spec.

I don't know that I'd like this since it'd feel like giving up some control of illusion retargeting. With both Axes of Symmetry and Illusionary Ambush, their primary function is retargeting and that's a lot of the reason to use them. Jaunt has other reasons to use it: to get out of an AoE, gap close, apply confusion stacks, clear debuffs, and to trigger procs on certain rune sets. There are a lot of times I'll switch my illusions from a lower health enemy to a higher health one while I finish the other off. Applying an illusion retarget to Jaunt would mean I couldn't use it during this time without risking having my illusions switch back and then lose them when it dies.

You just asked for buckets of buffs, far too strong. The retargetting would need a lot of work since you're asking for something that does not require a target to retarget illusions - or do you want Jaunt to not be used without a target? (this would be awful)

Every retarget skill needs a target to use so I would be careful asking for something so different from everything else - they might not have the coding to provide it.

@Bod.8261 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:The target u have in "aim".That's like a really hard condition for a bonus effect like that - not.

It would show a real purpose, outside of mobilty + little bit of bonus damage.That is the purpose of the skill: Get in or out of trouble, catch mirrors, deal some damage.

Jaunt is more or less the only Mirage skill that is fine.We could do with more range and less radius, but I'd rather change everything else about the spec.

It's far from fine in PvE, it's pitiful.

I'm done allowing you PvP people dictate what the class should be constrained by. It's enough more than half of our traitlines are littered with your shitty interrupt traits which are only useful in pvp and most of our utilities are pvp focused with only 3 signets and feedback actually being used in PvE.

Actually it is a pretty cool skill for bursts and mobility as well. Felt really clunky at first but after playing around with it, feels a lot better.

I think if the range was extended to 600y without any additional changes, it would be pretty overpowered. Maybe we could tweak the range to 600, make the count 2, add 1 more stack of confusion or add some more power based damage. Only slight changes are needed, I really hope the concept won't be changed.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Actually it is a pretty cool skill for bursts and mobility as well. Felt really clunky at first but after playing around with it, feels a lot better.

I think if the range was extended to 600y without any additional changes, it would be pretty overpowered. Maybe we could tweak the range to 600, make the count 2, add 1 more stack of confusion or add some more power based damage. Only slight changes are needed, I really hope the concept won't be changed.

I like the 3 charges more than i would like 2 600 ones tbh. Id love tho a 59 range buff on the existing one. Not that it needs it but ye.

Archived