All teleports should require the player be in range

@Crab Fear.1624 said:This is 100% one of the most overlooked problems in pvp.

Not in range?

Doesn't work.

Make all teleports act like steal.

Many, many, many pvp problems will be solved with this.

First reply will be an attempt counter (they play rev or guard or mes or thief)

Overlooked? Yeah, no. They tried to say that Phase Traversal was bugged by being able to port out of range and we all KNEW that was a lie, and they changed it back immediately. It's not overlooked, it's intended. This would also just mean Thief mobility from Shortbow would need to be nerfed because nobody would have any hope of catching them.

@Aktium.9506 said:So I take it you also want SB 5 on Thief to only be usable when you are in combat and within 900 range of an enemy? That's a great idea =)

I mean, you always teleport while youre in range of shortbow 5. It doesnt target an enemy after all. It targets the ground, and you will be in range of that spot.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I feel teleports should have los inorder for them to work. No more teleporting there walls to engage and disengage. If u don't have los u can't port. That seems fair and balanced for all classes that have and don't have ports.

OP wouldn't want this because it doesn't directly or indirectly benefit thief above everyone else.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:I feel teleports should have los inorder for them to work. No more teleporting there walls to engage and disengage. If u don't have los u can't port. That seems fair and balanced for all classes that have and don't have ports.

OP wouldn't want this because it doesn't directly or indirectly benefit thief above everyone else.

How does weakning sword 2 massively indirectly benefit thief over anyone else? Seriously Im pretty sure the only other teleport like that is Revenants.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:I feel teleports should have los inorder for them to work. No more teleporting there walls to engage and disengage. If u don't have los u can't port. That seems fair and balanced for all classes that have and don't have ports.

How does weakning sword 2 massively indirectly benefit thief over
anyone
else? Seriously Im pretty sure the only other teleport like that is Revenants.

Thief would lose sword two but have a relative gain in mobility compared to everyone else who now not only need a target but need to be in range to do so.

But relative to OPs need threads you can read the OP as "thief needs to be in range for steal so why doesn't everything else? I do not like this. Please nerf or buff thief" like most of their threads.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:I feel teleports should have los inorder for them to work. No more teleporting there walls to engage and disengage. If u don't have los u can't port. That seems fair and balanced for all classes that have and don't have ports.

anyone

Thief would lose sword two but have a relative gain in mobility compared to everyone else who now not only need a target but need to be in range to do so.

It wouldnt relatively gain mobility at all. This literally only affects 1 revenant skill as far as I can tell. If it meant "all teleports now need a target", that would actually hurt thief by far the hardest, as with the loss of shortbow 5, they become an unplayable class overnight.

But relative to OPs need threads you can read the OP as "thief needs to be in range for steal so why doesn't everything else? I do not like this. Please nerf or buff thief" like most of their threads.

Yeah except, everything else already does that. Thief and Rev have 1 skill each thats the exception.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

anyone

It wouldnt relatively gain mobility at all. This literally only affects 1 revenant skill as far as I can tell. If it meant "all teleports now need a target", that would actually hurt thief by far the hardest, as with the loss of shortbow 5, they become an unplayable class overnight.

Yeah except, everything else already does that. Thief and Rev have 1 skill each thats the exception.

Rev has two with Deathstrike and Phase Traversal.

Pretty sure Infiltrators Signet on Thief ports out of range too.

They already tried nerfing Shiro's port to be range restricted and it and Anet got absolutely destroyed on every platform about it, not just because they lied saying it was a bug but because it turned Shiro into a slow and clunky spec easily outrun because not only does he need a target but if they were out of range then it was GG.

Someone correct me but doesn't Guardian's port on sword and Judge's Intervention also port regardless of range?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:*one of the most overlooked problems
in your opinion

im glad the balance team doesn’t listen to most of your suggestions

lmao, literally the first to respond is a rev main.

"most" is an important word in your reply.

Yep, Rev main. Have been since HoT. You got me. As if that leads any sort of credence to your argument (hint, it doesn't).

Also, "In your opinion" are the most important words in my reply

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

anyone

Rev has two with Deathstrike and Phase Traversal.

I was under the impression Deathstrike doesnt work until youre in range.

Pretty sure Infiltrators Signet on Thief ports out of range too.

Nope, you just get the out of range pop-up as usual.

They already tried nerfing Shiro's port to be range restricted and it and Anet got absolutely destroyed on every platform about it, not just because they lied saying it was a bug but because it turned Shiro into a slow and clunky spec easily outrun because not only does he need a target but if they were out of range then it was GG.

Someone correct me but doesn't Guardian's port on sword and Judge's Intervention also port regardless of range?

Judges Intervention doesnt, not sure on the sword but probably not.