What do you think if ANET reduce WvW relink from 8 weeks at 4 weeks ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

What do you think if ANET reduce WvW relink from 8 weeks at 4 weeks ?

What do you think if ANET reduce WvW relink from 8 weeks at 4 weeks ? 52 votes

I do believe it's a good idea , it would help to have more tier movement and more competition between the servers
69%
Stand The Wall.6987Zaraki.5784Blockhead Magee.3092Henrik.7560Crazy.6029Krypto.2069Bossun.2046Henry.5713CrimsonNeonite.1048Thornwolf.9721Deniara Devious.3948eLfocus.8961sumpno.6297Sethanon Stormrage.6721senki.1046Moz.3452RangerThings.9810Arctisavange.7261snarfrificus.4230LamboSix.6028 36 votes
Not at all , it is fine so
28%
Dawdler.8521Babytater.6803Gryxis.6950Threather.9354yoni.7015linamaria.1830VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618Phlogistn.7893Katrina.8702Ruggs.8420Vardy.3592Tammuz.7361kiri.1467SkyshaAdbinderMoonshard.7026kamikharzeeh.8016 15 votes
It's fine so but let do 4 tiers instead of 5
1%
Bish.8627 1 vote

Comments

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020

I dunno about that. It takes a tier 4 server 4 weeks to even get to tier 1, and by then you want to reset again when a server finally settles on it's appropriate place.
    Some people don't like playing in tier 4 or tier 1 or with certain servers or against certain servers.
    Doesn't really solve the problem of bandwagoning if the option and reasoning for it is still there.
    You might also accelerate community burnout with this.

Having said that, I'm currently on a server I don't want to be linked with, fighting servers that are not fun, but have to wait another 3 weeks for relinks, /shrug

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    There's no power creep you just don't recognize more people hitting you - Flat Earther

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

Shorter link times make bandwagoning less attractive but generate also more need for bandwagoning.

Only anet knows the sweetspot (they have the statistics).

It takes a tier 4 server 4 weeks to even get to tier 1

This is no issue when the bandwagoning is at a minimum value.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I do believe it's a good idea , it would help to have more tier movement and more competition between the servers

would get rid of both op and up links faster, seems like a win win. bandwagoners would have to spend more money, another plus.

Te lazla otstara.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why do we even have links? Why not just offer free transfers to specific servers from the existing link servers, and then shut them down. You'll still have some variance in population between the 'host' servers that are left. but nothing as drastic as we have now with links, and it stops the bandwagon.

'course that means ANET would see less gem sales if nobody is server transferring every 8 weeks...which is why they don't make these types of changes, Alliances is a meme, and nothing is being done to address server population imbalances...because it's more profitable for ANET no to.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not a good idea. In 4 weeks a server can achieve almost nothing by just loosing one matchup. Remember that each weekly loss means one more week spent on trying to win again, then one more week to actually move anywhere other than where you started.

All it would accomplish is undeserving servers jumping over tiers faster.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sounds fun as an experiment, but I prefer longer links as we have them now. It's just that the links themselves are questionable sometimes in my opinion, but doesn't matter.

I rather choose death.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's fine as it is. All that we need is tournaments.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2020

Nothing would change. I suppose it would be more expensive to bandwagon but cost isn't exactly a factor for people that hop around anyways.

What we need is a game mode that people want to actually play. Anyone that comes into the game mode only to find out there's only 2 large groups in a staring contest waiting for the other side to push into arrow carts and dragon banners would think the game mode is a huge joke.... and they'd be right.

Work on combat balance and reduce the viability of siege bunkering.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

Alliances, what we need is alliances and not to spend any more resources in the server system.

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2020

The linking system is a big mess especially in the EU, it's kills servers apart from those who can actually fight and compete in the Tiers they end up in.

So would 4 weeks be better than 8 weeks, with more stacking or bandwagoning? Perhaps, but people would be still moving alot within the first week constantly anyway, instead of gradually over 8 weeks.

• dont worry alliances will come in the coming months! :+1:

Each servers have their own game style. As I play with each new server it takes around atleast 3 to 5 weeks of adjustment before you get used to each other. Linking should disappear imo.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:
    dont worry alliances will come in the coming months! :+1:

Would you like to buy this lovely ocean view property I have for sale in New Mexico?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭

They need to increase transfer costs to medium servers. People and guilds go to links to save money and be with main server

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, innovator
    Social Experiment [sX] leader
    Desolation+Alt
    Diamond Legend

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:
    dont worry alliances will come in the coming months! :+1:

Would you like to buy this lovely ocean view property I have for sale in New Mexico?

Pffft.. I have a bridge to sell you in NY that is likely worth more. 😜

Thank You for the {MEME}

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

links overall are not working at the moment. either give all no link and merge smallest ones, or crazily raise cost for moving to anything than low population servers. and make the server population counts more precise, hell. we're constantly outnumbered on 3/4 maps, wipe blobs with 30 ppl groups but are unlinked and "full" since several weeks now. solid job Anet.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Double the amount of gems people spend on transfers, increased revenue, more resources going towards the development of alliances. Good joke.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• hugeboss.5432hugeboss.5432 Member ✭✭

The wvw community had an official poll on this a few years back. The community voted for 1 month (majority vote), but Anet had a few other reasons to reconsider, and decided 8 weeks would be a better mechanic to make it actually work out ok.
    [You can prolly find the actual data & info in the archieves]

_/_ [SSSh] Secret Society Service _/_
    [Respect Ur Opponents, We All Provide Eachothers Fun]
    Blackgate Since Season 1

World's don't matter now in pve. It matters only on wvw. :/ They should just reset it and allow us to choose world's based on in game etc., I.e.

Press b. Wvw world's. Group abc.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

@hugeboss.5432 said:
    The wvw community had an official poll on this a few years back. The community voted for 1 month (majority vote), but Anet had a few other reasons to reconsider, and decided 8 weeks would be a better mechanic to make it actually work out ok.

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

38.1% Reevaluate match-ups monthly.
    28.9% Reevaluate match-ups quarterly.
    15.9% Reevaluate match-ups every other month.
    11.6% Reevaluate match-ups every 6 months.
    5.5% Reevaluate match-ups every 4 months.

After analyzing the results we have decided to go with a 2 month world linking evaluation schedule because the majority of players voted for evaluations to be more frequent than quarterly but less frequent than monthly. Since we have decided to reevaluate every 2 months we will be reevaluating the current world links and making adjustments on the very last Friday of every even month starting this month on the 24th. Thank you to everyone who voted!

TL;DR 62% of the community voted for 2 months or longer relinks. Anet picked a compromise.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    Why do we even have links?

Is this an #OpenBG question? Because WvW is a numbers game and players have been cheating the system for years. Anet could simply remove players instead and add them to another server but that would generate a big storm.

• hugeboss.5432hugeboss.5432 Member ✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@hugeboss.5432 said:

The poll has ended! After removing all votes for “Don’t Count My Vote” the final results are:

38.1% Reevaluate match-ups monthly.
    28.9% Reevaluate match-ups quarterly.
    15.9% Reevaluate match-ups every other month.
    11.6% Reevaluate match-ups every 6 months.
    5.5% Reevaluate match-ups every 4 months.

After analyzing the results we have decided to go with a 2 month world linking evaluation schedule because the majority of players voted for evaluations to be more frequent than quarterly but less frequent than monthly. Since we have decided to reevaluate every 2 months we will be reevaluating the current world links and making adjustments on the very last Friday of every even month starting this month on the 24th. Thank you to everyone who voted!

TL;DR 62% of the community voted for 2 months or longer relinks. Anet picked a compromise.

Yeah thats the poll. As you can see, what Anet tries to explain as 62%, is actually only option #3 (15,9% every other month). Good wording from Anet though (I smirked but didnt say anything about it, no need for drama).

_/_ [SSSh] Secret Society Service _/_
    [Respect Ur Opponents, We All Provide Eachothers Fun]
    Blackgate Since Season 1

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because it was:
    38.1% monthly
    15.9% 2 months
    28.9% 3 months
    You can slice it however many ways you want, a good chunk of people wanted 1-3 months, so 2 months was a good compromise.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    There's no power creep you just don't recognize more people hitting you - Flat Earther

• Not at all , it is fine so

So I have to pay 500 gems to move every 4 weeks instead of every 4 weeks to get out of t1 lag/zergfest where there's 0 fights, wonderful, well wonderful for anet at any rate.

Would rather see serverlinks removed