Season Ended Early?

@Azel.4786 said:Same for me, not getting anymore pips. Guess play time is over early.

What crap. It was advertised to run with today as the last day. Myself and others were going to knock out our last matches before reset and now that is impossible. If the 16th was not going to count they should have ended it on the 15th. You don't say January runs from 1-31 and then ignore the 31st.

@TheIronChancellor.8159 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:The season ended on time, it ended at 0000 UTC as per the API

It does not say anywhere ingame that it ended at that time. Just that today was the last day. Days have 24 hours. Reset might have been expected. This was not.

It’s been 0000 UTC every season. The 0000 means it went from 2359 UTC which is 11:59 PM the 16th to 0000 UTC which means 12:00 AM the 17th.....

UTC means Universal Coordinated Time.

Last season it ended in the afternoon central europe (patch time), means totally different time. Season before the last ended like today at reset-time. Before that the season ended afternoon eu time. This is just sh1t, you cannot plan anything, also i will miss the last matches, it is just unfair to change ending time that often so no one knows.The last time a season (S6) ended on reset time ppl complained a lot already, i thought that was why season restarted to end in the afternoon eu time... but ofc anet hit again...

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:The season ended on time, it ended at 0000 UTC as per the API

now 23:40 utc 16 october

Look at the Pvp league screen it states season is Ending season hasn’t officially ended yet.

Exactly. It says it is ending, not that it has ended. Until it is ended we should still get pips and rank.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

Look at the Pvp league screen it states season is Ending season hasn’t officially ended yet.

Exactly. It says it is ending, not that it has ended. Until it is ended we should still get pips and rank.

Here look what Devs states, season ending on time, the magic called search engines.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/No-rating-for-win-Season-ended-early/6696943

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

Here look what Devs states, season ending on time, the magic called search engines.

And the point is, where exactly in game, does it state that? Nowhere. That is the point. I went into today thinking I had time because it did not say anywhere that this one hour period exists.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

And the point is, where exactly in game, does it state that? Nowhere. That is the point. I went into today thinking I had time because it did not say anywhere that this one hour period exists.

That was posted months ago so it’s been common knowledge. And it’s not like the API is hidden it’s acted the same way every season.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

That was posted months ago so it’s been common knowledge. And it’s not like the API is hidden it’s acted the same way every season

Common knowledge? People don't troll the forums looking for information that should be in game. The fact that it's acted the same way every season is irrelevant. Not everyone plays every season. If this is going to be a thing, all they needed to do was advertise it, like a pop-up when I scroll over the part that states the season dates. So you know, people who play the GAME, can find out all of the information in-game. If the game says it ends on the 16th, I would expect it to count all of the 16th, not randomly get rid of an hour.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

That was posted months ago so it’s been common knowledge. And it’s not like the API is hidden it’s acted the same way every season

Common knowledge? People don't troll the forums looking for information that should be in game. The fact that it's acted the same way every season is irrelevant. Not everyone plays every season. If this is going to be a thing, all they needed to do was advertise it, like a pop-up when I scroll over the part that states the season dates. So you know, people who play the GAME, can find out all of the information in-game. If the game says it ends on the 16th, I would expect it to count all of the 16th, not randomly get rid of an hour.

The season ended on the 16th guess what it’s the 16th the season ended looks like the game said it was going to end today. Funny right?

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

The season ended on the 16th guess what it’s the 16th the season ended looks like the game said it was going to end today. Funny right?

The month of January ends on the 31st. The 31st is still part of January. The season ends on the 16th. The 16th is still part of the season. Funny right?

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

The month of January ends on the 31st. The 31st is still part of January. The season ended on the 16th. The 16th is still part of the season. Funny right?

UTC is the 17th as I explained above, it is no longer the 16th as I stated above funny right? And it was put out by Devs why there is an hour prior to end when the queu stops for leader board rankings and matches being completed before hand. Funny how it’s known that the game uses UTC for its timers.So again the season didn’t end early, it ended on time.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

The month of January ends on the 31st. The 31st is still part of January. The season ended on the 16th. The 16th is still part of the season. Funny right?

UTC is the 17th as I explained above, it is no longer the 16th as I stated above funny right? And it was put out by Devs why there is an hour prior to end when the queu stops for leader board rankings and matches being completed before hand. Funny how it’s known that the game uses UTC for its timers.So again the season didn’t end early, it ended on time.

It was the 16th when I first posted. Sesbog.8705 even points this out.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

And I pointed out where the Devs went on record stating how they handle end of the season, so people know, it also said in there they are looking at updating the API in game to reflect, funny right? The answers were already out there for those that actually pay attention. The thread said Season ended early I pointed out that it ended on time based on all information, you even asked if it’s intended, I gave you the answer that it was , pretty simple.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

And I pointed out where the Devs went on record stating how they handle end of the season, so people know, it also said in there they are looking at updating the API in game to reflect, funny right? The answers were already out there for those that actually pay attention.

And the point, that I have been trying to make this entire thread, is that NOWHERE ingame does it state that there is a random hour that doesn't count towards season rewards. If they wanted people to know it would be ingame, NOT on some random forum post.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

And I pointed out where the Devs went on record stating how they handle end of the season, so people know, it also said in there they are looking at updating the API in game to reflect, funny right? The answers were already out there for those that actually pay attention.

And the point, that I have been trying to make this entire thread, is that NOWHERE ingame does it state that there is a random hour that doesn't count towards season rewards. If they wanted people to know it would be ingame, NOT on some random forum post.

No where in your original post or the thread title is that stated at all and I replied to your original post/thread, I provided you with all the answers you asked for, and even explained them, here is your original post:

@TheIronChancellor.8159 said:The pvp season said that today was the last day and yet here we are, before reset, not able to gain pips or rank. Bugged or is this intended?

See? I provided with all you asked for, your original post never asked for why is it not in game referenced.

Ingame it said the season was ending on the 16th it ended on the 16th.

/thread

I too concur... logged in today thinking I still had time to play a couple games. Lo and behold, I could not end my -200+ decay. Guess I'm Gold tier now.

Regardless of the politically correct or incorrectness of Anet's PvP Season end date, not making this clear is just bad service.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Sesbog.8705 said:

No where in your original post or the thread title is that stated at all and I replied to your original post/thread, I provided you with all the answers you asked for, and even explained them, here is your original post:

@TheIronChancellor.8159 said:The pvp season said that today was the last day and yet here we are, before reset, not able to gain pips or rank. Bugged or is this intended?

See? I provided with all you asked for, your original post never asked for why is it not in game referenced.

Ingame it said the season was ending on the 16th it ended on the 16th.

/thread

You quote me asking if the season ending early was a bug or intended. Asking that question on the forums is because it isn't in game. That is the point. That I had to come here to find out, because nowhere did they advertise. It ended on the 16th. It didn't end at 23:59, it ended before that. I expected it to be done at the END of the 16th, not randomly an hour beforehand for no advertised reason.

Archived