Enchanted Daggers Should Become an Ammo Skill.

narcx.3570

Let's talk Enchanted Daggers...

A while back, when Anet was giving Revenants yet another round of nerfs they decided to make Enchanted Daggers consume charges on Missed/Blocked/Evaded attacks. There was a substantial amount of QQ leading up to this nerf (especially from Warrior/Guardians) who were saying that the ability was super OP because it was basically unmitigatable damage and discouraged counter play. While that's a fair point, since ED--much like a whole bunch of Rev skills--has one of the most obvious telegraphs in the game (big glowing green shards swirling above the revenant) now it's laughably easy to deprive a Rev of their healing. It was already easy for anyone with even half decent game awareness to make you waste all of your Infused Light heal, and now anyone with even a little PvP skill can deprive a Power Herald of 90% of their healing ability by doing the same thing to ED. But that's old news, not here to complain about nerfs... I just thought that ED would would make a good candidate for the new Ammo system, since the season is ending and changes are coming.

If Enchanted Daggers was broken up into charges, instead of giving you all 6 siphons at once, it would further promote the idea of counter play, but for both parties in the fight.

What I mean is, instead of the current ED having an initial heal of 1.6k and applying 6 Siphon Hits that heal for 800 each... (30 second cooldown)They could give it 3 max charges that refresh one per 10 seconds, and every usage heals you for 533 and applies 2 Siphoning Strikes.

This way, you could spam the button three times to get the same effect over thirty seconds... Or use it sparingly, trying to land hits in between blocks and evades.

They used to be fine IMO before they nerfed their functionality. When the daggers weren't used if the target wasn't "ready" to receive the damage (evades, blocks, immunes, blinds). They would stay there ready to use until nothing would come on their way, like some sort of "smart system".Such and uncalled and terrible nerf.

Anyway, OP's idea sounds interesting. I'm all up for a better heal since the current one has too much risk for such little reward.

I think just reverting the nerf but giving a tighter time limit to fire off all the charges would be better. ED was the first of those gimmicky trash style heals that was actually good but instead of using it as a lesson in designing unconventional heals Anet just turned it into more gimmicky trash.

Archived