Weekly Key Question

notebene.3190

I had in my mind that the reset to do the weekly key was on Sunday, so I set a Wunderlist weekly reminder for Sunday, which usually gets pushed to Monday for various reasons, and did it this past Sunday and didn't get a key. It made me realize that the 'Sunday' I was told about was really Sunday at quest reset, which puts it around 5pm my time.

So I guess I have two questions. First, is that right? The weekly reset is at quest reset on Sunday?

Second, even though I already deleted and re-created my weekly key character this week, and failed to get a key, could I do it today (or tomorrow, or before Sunday) but get the key this time? Or did I lose the whole week?

@synk.6907 said:If you didn't complete the level 10 story mission to get the key, you should still be able to do it for the week.

I don't know your timezone, but I believe for key farming purposes a week goes between Monday server resets (0:00 UTC).

Well, I did the level 10 story mission on Sunday, but didn't get a key, because it was too soon. So if I delete that character and try again, will I get the key? Or did trying it on Sunday before it was ready kill me for another week?

The reset is on Monday at 00:00 UTC (GMT), as synk said.

I'm guessing what happened is the previous week your key run got pushed from Sunday - Monday, putting it after the reset (or late Sunday afternoon/evening which, depending on your time zone could put it after the reset). So when you did another one on Sunday it was still within the same week and you didn't get a key.

When I'm doing weekly key runs I aim to start them on a Tuesday - that puts me safely after the reset, but gives me almost a whole week to complete it.

@notebene.3190 said:

@synk.6907 said:If you didn't complete the level 10 story mission to get the key, you should still be able to do it for the week.

I don't know your timezone, but I believe for key farming purposes a week goes between
(0:00 UTC).

Well, I did the level 10 story mission on Sunday, but didn't get a key, because it was too soon. So if I delete that character and try again, will I get the key? Or did trying it on Sunday before it was ready kill me for another week?

If you complete the story but don't accept the reward I have seen it mentioned that you can just wait until after the reset and accept the reward and still be able to get the key instead of having to redo the whole thing.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@notebene.3190 said:

I don't know your timezone, but I believe for key farming purposes a week goes between
(0:00 UTC).

If you complete the story but don't accept the reward I have seen it mentioned that you can just wait until after the reset and accept the reward and still be able to get the key instead of having to redo the whole thing.

Thanks! I'll try to remember that if I ever do that again. Hopefully changing my reminder to every Monday will fix things moving forward. :)

Archived