Any QoL when using Unlimited Gathering Tools and Shared Inventory w Alts ?

Nor.2057

I was saving so much to get all three at the same time...unsure why i never though about the fact ill have so much issues with this items when switching toons all the time!

Any possible way for this to have an option checkmark if put in shared slot will be automatically Link-Equipped on gathering tools slot...without the need to equip and unequip each time you want to jump from one alt to another...

or anyone else has thought a more Quality of Life change for this items when used with several alts...

pd: yes i cycle on all my 9 alts when farming and so many times i forget to equip and unequip this...in the end they became less QoL than normal ones ><

yes i cycle on all my 9 alts when farming and so many times i forget to equip and unequip this...in the end they became less QoL than normal ones

I cycle through my alts fairly frequently. It becomes something you do by reflex after a while. Log on, equip tools, right before logging off/changing chars, unequip tools. Like anything else it needs time to become a habit and then it’s very convenient.

An easy time saving tip would be to have all your characters equipped with a set of tools already, that way all you need to do is double-click the infinite tools straight from your inventory when equipping/unequipping. That way you don't need to drag and drop.

Yeah, like Buddy said, I have one of each tools in my shared inventory slots (along with a spare salvage kit and a Mistlock Sanctuary pass atm), and then I keep one "junk" tool, whatever is available, on each of my characters. Then each time I switch characters I just and to remember to double click each slot and I'm ready to go, then double click them back when I've ready to switch again. I sometimes forget, but it's not that big a deal.

It is a matter of taste. When the slots were first released I posted about this. That post is now much more than a year old and I still have the same opinion. Putting the tools in there makes you go back from the status of "convenient" (which is the reason the tools were initially bought) to "bothersome". The process of "getting used to it" merely means accepting the self-imposed inconvenience and managing to no longer be annoyed by it, which is not something everyone can do.

I think one reason the 'switching through Shared Inventory' method comes so easily to me is that I have my inventory open a lot. I have alts I'm currently not playing actively parked in various gathering spots and start my session by cycling through them - in that cycle the inventory stays open, so the tools are right there next to the option to Deposit All.

Likewise, when logging out I always look through my inventory, deposit all (just in case) and then the tools are right there in my field of view.

k..k... ill try buddy and justafleshwound advice and attempting to simply...get used to it... i think shikigami nailed it in how i feel about this.

This makes me wonder now if ppl tend to spend much more due to this problem and having to buy lots of unlimited gathering tools to each of their toons or if majority avoid this tools much more due to the switching situation being an inconvenience...

i still stand on the possibility if you have equipment type of gear (or at list this tools only) on shared slot, an option check mark that allows gear to automatically being linked-equip from there without moving it out from there...

@Buddy.7563 said:An easy time saving tip would be to have all your characters equipped with a set of tools already, that way all you need to do is double-click the infinite tools straight from your inventory when equipping/unequipping. That way you don't need to drag and drop.

It seems to me that you do not understand what QoL means. The entire point of this thread is about improving the way of swapping between characters while using less clicks to sort ones inventory. Your argument and that of many others is: we have a status quo, deal with it. This is not an argument to not improve on existing systems.

Gathering tools could be placed in the achievement panel with the AP weapons/armor to infinitely obtain and distribute between characters. There could be made some sort of code that links a characters gathering tools to a fixed shared inventory slot so if the character doesn't have gathering tools, it will use the ones from the fixed shared slot.

@Setz.9675 said:

@Buddy.7563 said:An easy time saving tip would be to have all your characters equipped with a set of tools already, that way all you need to do is double-click the infinite tools straight from your inventory when equipping/unequipping. That way you don't need to drag and drop.

It seems to me that you do not understand what QoL means. The entire point of this thread is about improving the way of swapping between characters while using less clicks to sort ones inventory. Your argument and that of many others is: we have a status quo, deal with it. This is not an argument to not improve on existing systems.

Gathering tools could be placed in the achievement panel with the AP weapons/armor to infinitely obtain and distribute between characters. There could be made some sort of code that links a characters gathering tools to a fixed shared inventory slot so if the character doesn't have gathering tools, it will use the ones from the fixed shared slot.

I wonder how much this Qol change will cost. It will need 3 more account bound slots plus a rework of the Hero Panel. I’m going to guess... 2000 gems for 3 slots. That’s my guess of the price to not have to take a couple seconds to equip/unequip.

From my perspective, this seems to be an issue of people always wanting MORE. I was playing before shared inventory slots were even a thing. Being able to share infinite tools right from your inventory is already a massive improvement from having to go to a bank every time. My take was always that shared slots were Anets final solution for using infinite tools on multiple characters and if you didn't want to deal with the tedium of switching tools every time, then buying multiple sets was always an option.

Edit: Considering that I don't see Anet allowing you to completely forget about having to switch infinite tools, what would everybody's thoughts be for a way to mystic forge a tool with more uses than normal similar to how Mystic Salvage kits work.

This is the way to do it... I have a few alts parked on rich nodes that I gather most days using this method. Pretty painless once you get used to it.

@Shikigami.4013 said:It is a matter of taste. When the slots were first released I posted about this. That post is now much more than a year old and I still have the same opinion. Putting the tools in there makes you go back from the status of "convenient" (which is the reason the tools were initially bought) to "bothersome". The process of "getting used to it" merely means accepting the self-imposed inconvenience and managing to no longer be annoyed by it, which is not something everyone can do.

Clicking my shared inventory slots three times when swapping to a character is not some excessive burden to me. I feel that it's better to take up those shared slots than to take up slots in each character's inventory for spare tools, and having to buy the spare tools constantly.

Archived