Core Necro WvW roaming video outnumbered

Mikhael.2391

That's a nice visualisation of what I said here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/105049/core-vs-reaper-vs-scourge

Core is so ridiculously durable that it is great for beginners in every 1v1 scenario in wvw. You have to misplay hard or run into a really good player to lose a 1v1. Even a decently played core minion master is a pain to fight and most builds can't burn through all the sustain in a 1v1.

No thumbs up from me, because this build is cancer. It wastes the time of your encounters that have skill. They will kill you eventually but they need a life time as your broken life force generation just soaks up everything. And on the other hand not so skilled encounters will just be clueless about what's going on (like everyone you are fighting in your video).

I've never lost to that build but I've spent tons of wasted time pummeling it until it finally died.

Core necro is currently the biggest mismatch of damage (too low) and sustain (too high) in the game. It does just exist to annoy others. It's hard to kill but can be left alone with ease if you've wasted enough time on it. So it can't be killed by lots of encounters but can also not pressure a disengaging encounter.

@"KrHome.1920" said:That's a nice visualisation of what I said here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/105049/core-vs-reaper-vs-scourge

Core is so ridiculously durable that it is great for beginners in every 1v1 scenario in wvw. You have to misplay hard or run into a really good player to lose a 1v1. Even a decently played core minion master is a pain to fight and most builds can't burn through all the sustain in a 1v1.

No thumbs up from me, because this build is cancer. It wastes the time of your encounters that have skill. They will kill you eventually but they need a life time as your broken life force generation just soaks up everything. And on the other hand not so skilled encounters will just be clueless about what's going on (like everyone you are fighting in your video).

I've never lost to that build but I've spent tons of wasted time pummeling it until it finally died.

Core necro is currently the biggest mismatch of damage (too low) and sustain (too high) in the game. It does just exist to annoy others. It's hard to kill but can be left alone with ease if you've wasted enough time on it. So it can't be killed by lots of encounters but can also not pressure a disengaging encounter.

Sounds like this necro build to be on pair with thiefs, mesmers, druids etc that can out sustain /run away/ outnumber even with more damage. Until those classes have their broken builds "fixed" lets have necro have his moment of shine since launch for roaming even if its to annoy.

Think of this as the invisible thiefs that exist to annoy and have no counters.

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:That's a nice visualisation of what I said here:

Sounds like this necro build to be on pair with thiefs, mesmers, druids etc that can out sustain /run away/ outnumber even with more damage. Until those classes have their broken builds "fixed" lets have necro have his moment of shine since launch for roaming even if its to annoy.

Its not. This build is easily countered by everything that has decent skill and 1 cleansing sigil and lots of cc.

This build is trash. Its the same thing EremiteAngel runs except you changed the trinkets to vipers looking for more damage but with how core necro scales that small of a tweak wont even amount to any noticeable difference.Last weekend on NA I encountered one of these piles of kitten while messing around on my core ranger. I never dropped below 90% hp....IN FULL BERSERKER stats. Since i run arc dps all the time I can also tell you the guy was only able to pull 291 dps. Yes a whopping 291 dps on a full zerk glass cannon. The only thing your going to kill with that abysmal damage is plebs. And there are plenty of drastically better pleb stomping builds out there that don't require two millennia to kill your target.

@Lightning Xv.8705 said:This build is trash. Its the same thing EremiteAngel runs except you changed the trinkets to vipers looking for more damage but with how core necro scales that small of a tweak wont even amount to any noticeable difference.Last weekend on NA I encountered one of these piles of kitten while messing around on my core ranger. I never dropped below 90% hp....IN FULL BERSERKER stats. Since i run arc dps all the time I can also tell you the guy was only able to pull 291 dps. Yes a whopping 291 dps on a full zerk glass cannon. The only thing your going to kill with that abysmal damage is plebs. And there are plenty of drastically better pleb stomping builds out there that don't require two millennia to kill your target.

Would love to duel you with no hate attached like you seem to have towards this.

@"KrHome.1920" said:That's a nice visualisation of what I said here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/105049/core-vs-reaper-vs-scourge

I agree and disagree. I don't think core is problematic unless it's full TB condi or the Signet build shown in the OP. Otherwise, it is far from being faceroll.

I've been playing core zerk ( mostly zerk anyway ) for years. I don't feel particularly tanky against anything because I don't use Death Magic, Blood Magic or any Signets. My survival entirely depends on proper Shroud usage, Life Force management and kiting, getting hit at the wrong time probably means GG.That said, I'm far from an exceptional player and I understand I don't play a meta build. Still, I don't think core needs to be nerfed, but I do think certain skills & traits should get some adjustments. I'd be really upset to see Shroud get a Life Force degeration nerf or something because it would only incentivize using the Signet build as it would then be the only viable way to play core. Nerfing the wrong thing will make the build more appealing if you don't nerf the build itself, I mean.

I honestly loathe that build, both because of what it is ( a monstrosity ) and because it's doing this - bringing negative attention that will end up getting the wrong things nerfed.

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Full agreement with you on this.

There's a number of broken or just annoying builds/playstyles on various classes in WvW and I am in the mindset of all or nothing when it comes to nerfing them.If we can have annoying stealth spamming thieves that can run away with almost guaranteed success and other annoying builds on other classes then it's perfectly fair that Necro's can be annoyingly sustainy as well.

@Teratus.2859 said:

There's a number of broken or just annoying builds/playstyles on various classes in WvW and I am in the mindset of all or nothing when it comes to nerfing them.If we can have annoying stealth spamming thieves that can run away with almost guaranteed success and other annoying builds on other classes then it's perfectly fair that Necro's can be annoyingly sustainy as well.Such argumentation leads to nothing. Broken stuff has to be named and adressed and not relativized because other classes have broken stuff to.

Let's face it: No one wants to be the first one that gets nerfed. And this leads to everyone hiding himself behind nonsensical arguments like above.

Adressing and nerfing everything at once is a no-brainer ... no one denys that.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:That's a nice visualisation of what I said here:

There's a number of broken or just annoying builds/playstyles on various classes in WvW and I am in the mindset of all or nothing when it comes to nerfing them.If we can have annoying stealth spamming thieves that can run away with almost guaranteed success and other annoying builds on other classes then it's perfectly fair that Necro's can be annoyingly sustainy as well.Such argumentation leads to nothing. Broken stuff has to be named and adressed and not relativized because other classes have broken stuff to.

Let's face it: No one wants to be the first one that gets nerfed. And this leads to everyone hiding himself behind nonsensical arguments like above.

Adressing and nerfing everything at once is a no-brainer ... no one denys that.

Yes however some broken playstyles or mechanics have been regular culprits for many years.Case in point.. Thief and Mesmer hate has been something that has existed for almost the entire lifespan of the game.

Necro to my memory has mostly been seen as an underwhelming class that rarely had any builds that caused serious problems or put it on the top of anything until the more recent sustain tank builds became a common thing.

I'm not saying Necro aint a problem, but compared to other classes which have been hated for literal years and for good reasons, it's a minor offender and far less deserving of nerf priority.Every class should have it's moment to shine brightly and lets face it.. Necro has rarely ever had that compared to most others.

I'm surprised with all the hate. Minionmasters just need a different strategy to deal with. Oh wait, that requires an ounce of thought... I'm not surprised with nerf complaints anymore since ppl are lazy.

Minionmasters are far from top tier 1v1... they have too many hard counters. There are certain builds that i die to everytime no matter how i approach the situation.

You just need to figure out how to play against them, play better, or maybe you are the paper to or scissors (which really isn't many builds that are definites)

Here are 2 hints... but I'm not giving more because i don't want to die more haha. 1) aoe the minions and they are screwed. This things should have more health and it should take more than 3 seconds to kill them but it doesn't for many builds. 2) kite and be mobile using swiftness, stealth, or ports, and use the terrain. The minions are slow and really dumb. They can't dodge or jump and will take the long way to get to you.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:I'm surprised with all the hate. Minionmasters just need a different strategy to deal with. Oh wait, that requires an ounce of thought... I'm not surprised with nerf complaints anymore since ppl are lazy.

Minionmasters are far from top tier 1v1... they have too many hard counters. There are certain builds that i die to everytime no matter how i approach the situation.

You just need to figure out how to play against them, play better, or maybe you are the paper to or scissors (which really isn't many builds that are definites)

Here are 2 hints... but I'm not giving more because i don't want to die more haha. 1) aoe the minions and they are screwed. This things should have more health and it should take more than 3 seconds to kill them but it doesn't for many builds. 2) kite and be mobile using swiftness, stealth, or ports, and use the terrain. The minions are slow and really dumb. They can't dodge or jump and will take the long way to get to you.

I don't get it, since when minion master is a problem?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:I'm surprised with all the hate. Minionmasters just need a different strategy to deal with. Oh wait, that requires an ounce of thought... I'm not surprised with nerf complaints anymore since ppl are lazy.

Lol no idea. I play it cuz i like the idea. I can do well against some builds but get smoked a ton. I just like having a mini army and in wvw i can solo guarded camps easily (tho most of the time it takes so long enemies arrive and kill me XD).

I've gotten to second gold tier pvp with my minionmancer but that's more just making good decisions of when to rotate or not and making sure to target the same target than the build.

There is a reason higher (than mid) level pvp and wvw players don't use it and it's not meta in anything except Living Story episodes.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

Lol no idea. I play it cuz i like the idea. I can do well against some builds but get smoked a ton. I just like having a mini army and in wvw i can solo guarded camps easily (tho most of the time it takes so long enemies arrive and kill me XD).

I've gotten to second gold tier pvp with my minionmancer but that's more just making good decisions of when to rotate or not and making sure to target the same target than the build.

There is a reason higher (than mid) level pvp and wvw players don't use it and it's not meta in anything except Living Story episodes.

Mind sharing your build? I don't really feel it it useful . and maybe explain how you make it work?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Mind sharing your build? I don't really feel it it useful . and maybe explain how you make it work?

I don't have it online. I keep changing things too.Generally:Death Magic with all the minion traitsBlood magic with minion one, lesser vampire, and ressurecting one,Reaper... been changing which traits but i like the one that gives life force when you hang a boon to yourself.Full maurauder tho some toughness would be good.I play a/f and staff but may switch staff for gs.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

I don't have it online. I keep changing things too.Generally:Death Magic with all the minion traitsBlood magic with minion one, lesser vampire, and ressurecting one,Reaper... been changing which traits but i like the one that gives life force when you hang a boon to yourself.Full maurauder tho some toughness would be good.I play a/f and staff but may switch staff for gs.

Last time I tried something like this the minions seem to die so quickly and never hit anyone nor seem to absorb damage or condis unless they are hitting enemy right? I really never bothered too much with that spec as it feels uncomfortable on a class that already is the most uncomfortable to play due to clunky mechanics.

How does the playstyle for this usually goes?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Last time I tried something like this the minions seem to die so quickly and never hit anyone nor seem to absorb damage or condis unless they are hitting enemy right? I really never bothered too much with that spec as it feels uncomfortable on a class that already is the most uncomfortable to play due to clunky mechanics.

How does the playstyle for this usually goes?

Yup that about summarizes it haha. That's why minionmancer isn't very good in pvp/wvw often. Against builds with AoE, they die almost immediately, showing they really need a bit more health. They do work well against builds that don't stealth much or have AoE though, esp if you can keep your enemy away from your ranged attack minions. Typically i lead in with a haunt+focus 4 to axe 2. Then if the enemy has boons, focus 5, focus 4 then shroud. It does good damage even without spite. You can sacrifice blood for spite to get less minion damage and less heals for more axe dps but you will die a bit quicker. I'm playing around with spite+death shroud instead of reaper shroud but i think reaper is the way to go.

If you want to solo guarded camps or towers... minions will get you there tho.

You can usually make thieves run away with staff marks+blowing up minions, sometimes switching to axe and using 3+2. Deadeyes will kill you everytime though; they are a hard counter. I still do better on my minionmancer than i do in my deadeye in general tho .

Yup that about summarizes it haha. That's why minionmancer isn't very good in pvp/wvw often. Against builds with AoE, they die almost immediately, showing they really need a bit more health. They do work well against builds that don't stealth much or have AoE though, esp if you can keep your enemy away from your ranged attack minions. Typically i lead in with a haunt+focus 4 to axe 2. Then if the enemy has boons, focus 5, focus 4 then shroud. It does good damage even without spite. You can sacrifice blood for spite to get less minion damage and less heals for more axe dps but you will die a bit quicker. I'm playing around with spite+death shroud instead of reaper shroud but i think reaper is the way to go.

If you want to solo guarded camps or towers... minions will get you there tho.

well towers and camps and even no druid or warrior or thiefs with absurd cc and mobility are good to handle with my boon reaper.

oh also my WvW team (AR/ET) has a real dick-wad commander (who is also terrible at the game) and happens to not allow people in his squad use pets so they can completely stealth if sneaking up (which honestly is fine), so if I'm feeling petty and see him online, ill follow him around just to annoy him. Oh and i use Ogre Runes with the Rock Dog too. Muahahahaha. XD

@ElvenTree.9628 said:Music is terrible with that iphone mail/sms notification sound spammed in it. Also what you put that skul in on the left for the lulz?

I actually like dancing to that music so I know most people don't like it. its to protect the chat from everyone seeing me ranting or people in my guild discussing things.