About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

Comments

• @Randulf.7614 said:

@Azala Yar.7693 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@manddras.1794 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    But you (like me) also didn't lose anything. Those getting the licence actually lost progress and their personal time towards that progress Those who actually lost out are getting compensated, not those who didn't login and were safe from issues

I didn't log in either, but I spent the time elsewhere knowing I'd end up with a potential problem in GW2. I don't deserve the mount licence compensation and rightfully wont get it. Sure I didn't do my dailies, but there are those who did their dailies and lost them. They deserve more than those who didn't log in at all

An absolute non-issue here

We were told not to log in to avoid possible data corruption, so I did. Whatever the way you put it, I lost progress too, I lost the things I could have do IG if there were no server issues.

Some did log in anyway and duped items, some were not aware. They will get the free mount skin. Those who listened will not receive the free skin.

It's like giving a 100$ to someone driving drunk or who hasn't seen the speed limit sign.

Who told you not to log in to avoid data corruption?

Iirc it was being said by some on the forums.

What sensible player would continue playing a game where they know the data is incorrect or missing, and is most likely going to be corrected.

There will have been a lot of people who wouldn't have known until they logged in and started playing and perhaps not noticed straight away. Plus the discovery was only made by people playing in the game - so there will have been a lot of people losing progress without immediately realising it at first until the news spread. And even then, there's no way of knowing how far that info spread because we know the forums do not account for the largest portion of the playerbase. If I had logged in, it prob would have taken me a while to notice my achievements weren't right and that some things from the weekend had gone. Luckily, I am 100% restored now.

So people lost time and progress through no fault of their own - at least in the early part of the situation.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. I think Anet will bow under the pressure of feedback anyway. I don't think that is something they should do, but I do think they will do it regardless.

Any player that plays daily should have noticed not only that it would have been talked about enough in-game. I noticed on the character page I could see it was a roll-back before I even entered the game. Spent about a minute in-game didn't even bother to take the daily reward as that most likely would have been lost when they corrected the data.

• Ithlia.1830Ithlia.1830 Member ✭✭

My PC has been in the shop 3 days for repairs and I just got it back today. Seems I missed this whole thing. Not sure if I'm relieved or dissapointed.

• GW Noob.6038GW Noob.6038 Member ✭✭✭

Huh? Free mount skins? I didn't receive no free mount skins! I need a free mount skins!

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Setz.9675 said:
    The free mount select license for those that were online between 9 AM UTC and 4 pm UTC and no one else is such a stretch its insane.
    Personal experience, I started playing early morning doing SAB dailys and didnt notice the rollback untill I was done, cancelled some auctions or instantly sold mystic coins because price was high and it was reset time for weekly vendor. All items I cancelled on the tp and all money spent during that morning evaporated because top lol TP and servers were misaligned. When I went on reddit and saw about the rollback I started to notice I was missing wxp pots/ my alts beyond the first 7 were disordered and I quit playing because a roll forward was needed. Now I and many others that have lost items and gold on monday morning before 9 am UTC but people who continued meme'ing it up and dying in LA are getting a mount select license. Thats sour

I was online right at the time of the rollback, even played a bit between the time after the rollback and before server shutdown. Got no compensation gift..

• Setz.9675Setz.9675 Member ✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Setz.9675 said:
    The free mount select license for those that were online between 9 AM UTC and 4 pm UTC and no one else is such a stretch its insane.
    Personal experience, I started playing early morning doing SAB dailys and didnt notice the rollback untill I was done, cancelled some auctions or instantly sold mystic coins because price was high and it was reset time for weekly vendor. All items I cancelled on the tp and all money spent during that morning evaporated because top lol TP and servers were misaligned. When I went on reddit and saw about the rollback I started to notice I was missing wxp pots/ my alts beyond the first 7 were disordered and I quit playing because a roll forward was needed. Now I and many others that have lost items and gold on monday morning before 9 am UTC but people who continued meme'ing it up and dying in LA are getting a mount select license. Thats sour

I was online right at the time of the rollback, even played a bit between the time after the rollback and before server shutdown. Got no compensation gift..

According to reddit, the compensations are send through ingame mail and is done in batches. So if you didnt get an Anet email with a bonfire at the very least you haven't got your mail yet.

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2020

I got a free mount skin but I think people who didn’t get one should not complain. They stated who is eligible to get one if it is not you, you should accept that. It is just a mount skin.

@melody.2601 said:

@yoni.7015 said:
    Instead of be happy for other players who lost progress that they get something nice some people here only think about themselves.

Yeah cause not everybody lost basicly a day of being able to play and do dailies, SAB and a lot more content right? Stop triggering people be happy with your Mount Skin, while others who listening to their Friends didnt log-in because of the fear of losing something, and now they are being punished for it.

You are not getting punished. You decided not to log in and now you blame others for it? It was your decision.

• Because of the Server Crash / Rollback I agreed with our caring community that it would be best to leave the game at rest in order to not make things potentially harder for Arenanet to Fix the server issues.

Now i am missing out a compensation worth of €15,- !! Just because I agreed it was best to not do my daily login and dailies.

True, i did not lose my 2Gold daily progress because I did not log in, and maybe sum woodies and ores, maybe a T6 venom sac or 2.
    But i did miss out on a potential 2 Gold progress because i decided to be thougtful like most of our caring community.

I would lose 2 Gold everyday for a compensation of €15,-!!!

Where are your principles Arenanet?
    The first Server maintenance in like 7,5 years???
    How often do we get real problems thanks to Arenanet?
    The answer: barely!
    That alone is Kudos toward Anet really.
    So imho a compensation was not even needed because there are plenty more games which have waaay more issues, and they dont even compensate with every single crash.
    TBH I also was not offended about the lack of compensation that the pre HOT players got or the pre POF players got at first. So also here was a compensation not needed.

I do respect Anet for all these compensations towards their player base. I think a compensation with a worth of around €5 euro's is agreeable.
    But the fact that they compensate unaware players with €15,- worth of content is absolutely respectles to the players which were aware and caring in order to Support Arenanet with the hopes to support a fix as easy as possible!

I barely log in on the servers because im too busy enjoying the game! Heck, I play gw2 for 7 years now, thats even longer then my 6 years in gw1!
    But I just had to log in this time to show you how offended I am.
    The whole caring community that is missing out on a crazy €15,- mount selection skin just because we care doesnt do any form of justice in my estimation!
    I love this game, but I am very angry right now! >.<"

If being careless gives you €15 worth of content, how much is being careful, thougtful, respectful worth to you Arenanet?

• Dekina.4759Dekina.4759 Member ✭✭

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Dekina.4759 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@yoni.7015 said:
    Instead of be happy for other players who lost progress that they get something nice some people here only think about themselves.

Not trying to be antagonistic here, but you're willfully ignoring the fair portion of people, who both received, and wont receive the compensation, that pointed out that there is a huge difference between both compensation, that the compensation doesn't apply fairly (is not related to progress) and mostly pointed out that it should have been handled differently. This pointing out of everyone complaining as saying "Huuuur gimme free stoof" is grating.

I think what is mostly bugging "us on the other side", I can for sure only speak for myself but I'm guessing here, is the sense of entitlement that most of these post are smelling off, and this is a common response to that. It feels so much like the kids that got presents on their siblings birthdays and threw a hissy fit if they didn't one year, are now complaining that someone else got something they didn't.

It's perfectly valid to be a bit upset, but it does not entilte you to anything.

Fully agreed. If I had handled it, I would have (as I repeated several times now) only extended SAB by a couple of days to make up for lost progress. SAB is the only thing that couldn't have been done again after the issue was solved, thus in my opinion it was the only thing worth extending to players.

The issue from where I stand is that not only did that Not happen, some people got something shiny for doing something counter intuitive and reckless, and the rest did not and got something most people dont spend 3 seconds on, which I do find misguided. I'd rather everyone gets the same treatment, and extending SAB was one of the easy way to do that, without handing out items.

And for the record, no, I dont have a hidden SAB agenda. I stopped playing it several days ago when I got all the boomboxes.

It's probably also worth noting that it's most likely impossible to please everyone. I understand the reasoning behind extending SAB, but it will still feel short to those who don't enjoy this at all. We're back at "So you get an extention on something you like, but I get nothing because I don't enjoy SAB"

Calling it counter intuitive and reckless is maybe a bit harsh, considering not everyone checks Discord and forums and what-not before they play. My point is, I completely understand that it can feel a little unfair, what bugs me is that there's this notion that Anet would somehow magically make everyone happy, but just chose not to. There's probably been a lot of discussion on what to do that we don't know anything about, and I'll eat my hat if there even is a solution that could make all happy.

And to be honest, the mount skins aren’t that great.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

@Dekina.4759 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@Dekina.4759 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:

@yoni.7015 said:

Not trying to be antagonistic here, but you're willfully ignoring the fair portion of people, who both received, and wont receive the compensation, that pointed out that there is a huge difference between both compensation, that the compensation doesn't apply fairly (is not related to progress) and mostly pointed out that it should have been handled differently. This pointing out of everyone complaining as saying "Huuuur gimme free stoof" is grating.

I think what is mostly bugging "us on the other side", I can for sure only speak for myself but I'm guessing here, is the sense of entitlement that most of these post are smelling off, and this is a common response to that. It feels so much like the kids that got presents on their siblings birthdays and threw a hissy fit if they didn't one year, are now complaining that someone else got something they didn't.

It's perfectly valid to be a bit upset, but it does not entilte you to anything.

Fully agreed. If I had handled it, I would have (as I repeated several times now) only extended SAB by a couple of days to make up for lost progress. SAB is the only thing that couldn't have been done again after the issue was solved, thus in my opinion it was the only thing worth extending to players.

The issue from where I stand is that not only did that Not happen, some people got something shiny for doing something counter intuitive and reckless, and the rest did not and got something most people dont spend 3 seconds on, which I do find misguided. I'd rather everyone gets the same treatment, and extending SAB was one of the easy way to do that, without handing out items.

And for the record, no, I dont have a hidden SAB agenda. I stopped playing it several days ago when I got all the boomboxes.

It's probably also worth noting that it's most likely impossible to please everyone. I understand the reasoning behind extending SAB, but it will still feel short to those who don't enjoy this at all. We're back at "So you get an extention on something you like, but I get nothing because I don't enjoy SAB"

Calling it counter intuitive and reckless is maybe a bit harsh, considering not everyone checks Discord and forums and what-not before they play. My point is, I completely understand that it can feel a little unfair, what bugs me is that there's this notion that Anet would somehow magically make everyone happy, but just chose not to. There's probably been a lot of discussion on what to do that we don't know anything about, and I'll eat my hat if there even is a solution that could make all happy.

It's less about getting something you enjoy/dont enjoy. That'd fall into "reward". A compensation replaces something you can no longer have. If important, RNG items are lost to the rollback, then absolutely, a compensation is warranted. In the case of SAB, players were actually cut short, and the event ended before some of them could get the items they could have otherwise gotten. And the next time they can access it require them to wait a full year. In that particular case, I'd think an extension that reflects the time lost is warranted, regardless of enjoyment or not, it's a neutral compensation.

Progress on quests can be picked up again, progress on dailies can be acquired the next day, crafted items can be recrafted since the materials are back in storage. Only RNG drops and the event being shortened warrant compensation from where I stand, the rest can be picked up after the issue is solved. It's unconvenient, but it isn't "lost".

• Islyn.8019Islyn.8019 Member ✭✭

I can tell you I was DEFINITELY playing; their shenanigans were what logged me out - so far have received nothing.

@Islyn.8019 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    But you (like me) also didn't lose anything. Those getting the licence actually lost progress and their personal time towards that progress Those who actually lost out are getting compensated, not those who didn't login and were safe from issues

I didn't log in either, but I spent the time elsewhere knowing I'd end up with a potential problem in GW2. I don't deserve the mount licence compensation and rightfully wont get it. Sure I didn't do my dailies, but there are those who did their dailies and lost them. They deserve more than those who didn't log in at all

An absolute non-issue here

But not REALLY because there was also over 15 hours of downtime. IDK about you; but if my internet was down that long, I'd have a free month.

Good that you don’t have to pay monthly for the game.

• kajoken.1630kajoken.1630 Member ✭✭

Ok, I really don't get how those compensations work. I have three accounts right now. Two accounts are basically just for Dailies and that's it. Those two didn't login at the time of the rollback at all and both didn't loose anything. But still, those two got the mail with the bonfire and the adoption license. One of those accounts doesn't even have any addons/mounts.

On the other hand there's my main account. Lost a lot of progress over the weekend, was played a little bit after the rollback to see what's going on, but didn't receive anything at all. No bonfire, no adoption license. There's something off here.

• VICBEAR.1529VICBEAR.1529 Member ✭✭

I am developer in real life. I logged in the game when problem happened and I saw my gold in less than was before. My first decision was: do logout and do not play until ArenaNet comments.

Well, looks like I lost only 5-7 gold when they resolved the problem.
    But how about two days that I could not play the game during maintanense works. I am addicted to the game and I was being frustrated those time.