Condi Thief is Fun and Interactive

Vallun.2071

Remember when people said thief was unplayable a few weeks ago after the patch, and I had to come in and tell people thief was fine. Now when people are yelling that condi thief is too overpowered and brain dead, here I am to tell you that there are ways to counter play the build. Yes it is a bit strong right now, and I suggest that the duration of some of the condis be lowered, and the animation on shadow strike be increased.

@"Vallun.2071" said:Remember when people said thief was unplayable a few weeks ago after the patch, and I had to come in and tell people thief was fine. Now when people are yelling that condi thief is too overpowered and brain dead, here I am to tell you that there are ways to counter play the build. Yes it is a bit strong right now, and I suggest that the duration of some of the condis be lowered, and the animation on shadow strike be increased.

The only people who shouted "thief is garbage" were all..thieves, extremely biased individuals...everybody else already knew the truth

I'm pretty much sure that with these "small" nerfs (except thieves guild) condi thief will become unplayable again. If you remove burst from it, it will rely too much on landing CnD and SS (which is supposed to be nerfed as well) as the only source of sustained damage. And the next moment ppl learn how to kite, this build can be rendered as usleless like it was before.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Vallun.2071" said:Remember when people said thief was unplayable a few weeks ago after the patch, and I had to come in and tell people thief was fine. Now when people are yelling that condi thief is too overpowered and brain dead, here I am to tell you that there are ways to counter play the build. Yes it is a bit strong right now, and I suggest that the duration of some of the condis be lowered, and the animation on shadow strike be increased.

The only people who shouted "thief is garbage" were all..thieves, extremely biased individuals...everybody else already knew the truth

Buddy, you kept crying about soulbeast, don't be a hypocrite. It's almost as if people crying about literally every single nerf to their class they mainly/only play isn't a class-specific trait, but a player-specific one. :open_mouth:

• Confused 1

@"zyra.7860" said:AND AGAIN this plat 1 hardstuck selfproclaimed "thief pro" making thread that defends broken spec. Who could have guess. Dont listen him, hes not relevant.

Last time he made a thread it was to dispell complaints about thief being useless. Which is the opposite of what he's doing now and what you apparently claim him to usually do ("defend broken spec").Stop lying.

• Confused 1

In the end if I understand well, it is not so strong.We just have to predict Spamable spells, dodge every second and cleansee every 3 second (not before else we die from confusion).

Sounds fair, balanced and perfectly manageable.

Thief is fine thanks again anet

@Kicast.1459 said:In the end if I understand well, it is not so strong.We just have to predict Spamable spells, dodge every second and cleansee every 3 second (not before else we die from confusion).

Sounds fair, balanced and perfectly manageable.

Thief is fine thanks again anet

I mean as Vallun pointed out. What the thief is going to do has pretty big tells other than Shadow Strike. If you see the thief stealth. You know it will be following that up with a sneak attack. So you have the following options.

1. Dodge the attack because you can see the projectiles
  2. LOS if you are near terrain
  3. Depending on where thief is distance wise due to range of pistol you can probably just kite out the stealth.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Or they were talking about power thief which is certainly not performing well, and not the condi thief noone had on their radar. Then again, you let your bias define all your actions, so I suppose asking for accuracy here from you was a moot point anyway.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Or they were talking about power thief which is certainly not performing well, and not the condi thief noone had on their radar. Then again, you let your bias define all your actions, so I suppose asking for accuracy here from you was a moot point anyway.

power thief is doing great, shadow portal is warping the meta right now and the only reason you dont see "nerf power thief" threads is because ranger and engi are keeping it from being an issue, once those are gone you will see that its more than fine

@Grimjack.8130 said:

power thief is doing great, shadow portal is warping the meta right now and the only reason you dont see "nerf power thief" threads is because ranger and engi are keeping it from being an issue, once those are gone you will see that its more than fine

Well now that Prot Holo got knocked down a peg or three, sure. But that wasnt the case when people said thief wasnt doing so hot and thief players started swapping to Revenant.

Im sorry the "a bit to strong right now" got me laughing. Its horrendously broken in practically every respect, you only just have to look at the fact that almost every thief and his mother is running this build at the moment. Bottom line is this, this build carries sub par players and that is part of the nature of a broken build.

Hey Vallun, i think you actually look like your profile pic on the forums :P

Ah yes, power thief builds(you know, actual thief builds)being weak are completely fine because a braindead overtuned condi burst build exists.