PSA: masteries + pot = 20 AR. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

PSA: masteries + pot = 20 AR.

Don't have a hernia and rage party quit if someone is 20 AR below the recommended value, as you can easily reach it. With the mastery, the pot is 15 AR. Plus you get access to the gizmos that give 5 AR. So you're really just being a jerk and wasting everyone's time if you /lolnub and quit. You're wasting the person's time who joined and your own. ALSO they're RECOMMENDED values. Not that I do them below that, but just saying defensive potions can even make a below AR rating player still be able to function just fine. Fractals are very jukable with pots. No need for elitism unless you're doing CMs. Thank you!

Comments

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You lose the 5 AR if you lose your mistlock.

    It is entirely possible that someone is skilled enough to dodge all mechanics and be a seasoned fractal player that can't afford agony resist for some reason. But then again, that would require people to give that person the benefit of the doubt when there are literally tons of random people that could be bothered to get something close to agony resist. How one presents themselves matters; they can be the best player in the world, but not everyone has the patience to take said risk.

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2020

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    You lose the 5 AR if you lose your mistlock.

    It is entirely possible that someone is skilled enough to dodge all mechanics and be a seasoned fractal player that can't afford agony resist for some reason. But then again, that would require people to give that person the benefit of the doubt when there are literally tons of random people that could be bothered to get something close to agony resist. How one presents themselves matters; they can be the best player in the world, but not everyone has the patience to take said risk.

    You can always renew right? It only goes away on death. Also i was just 10 ar short and had a pot and almost instantly someone lolnub rage quit the party, i'm not saying give people ridiculous benefit of the doubt. I'm saying note that you can easily get 20 ar easy and don't auto throw a hissy fit.

  • ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭

    And your point is....?

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I had an ele once way below the req and did perfectly fine on every fractal. I've also had guys with max get downed 50 times both in t2/3 area so yeah I wouldn't complain unless you were low and just dying constantly because you couldn't avoid mechanics too

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @ollbirtan.2915 said:
    And your point is....?

    Don't be toxic. Ask questions. And understand the number can go up.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2020

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    You lose the 5 AR if you lose your mistlock.

    It is entirely possible that someone is skilled enough to dodge all mechanics and be a seasoned fractal player that can't afford agony resist for some reason. But then again, that would require people to give that person the benefit of the doubt when there are literally tons of random people that could be bothered to get something close to agony resist. How one presents themselves matters; they can be the best player in the world, but not everyone has the patience to take said risk.

    You can always renew right? It only goes away on death. Also i was just 10 ar short and had a pot and almost instantly someone lolnub rage quit the party, i'm not saying give people ridiculous benefit of the doubt. I'm saying note that you can easily get 20 ar easy and don't auto throw a hissy fit.

    If it's a boss fight, you'd only be able to renew it if you wipe. If you're 10 below without the pot, people shouldn't care.

    But like, I've never really seen anyone with less than 130'ish resist for a very long time and most show up when the fractal scales are lower when they do. But are we talking about t4 here?

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I rage quit whenever someone doesn't run a full set of +9/+5 infusions.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Back in ye' olden days we just dodged all the skills that inflicted agony because they would just one shot you regardless. Kids these days just heal through stuff with their fancy hb's and don't appreciate how much easier life is now. Jade maw was a bit problematic without the ar though.

  • Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭

    If you don't have enough ar, you are making your healer's job a lot harder. It is not cool. You could just do tier 3 fractals, why force yourself to places you don't belong yet and blame others ?

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Armen.1483 said:
    If you don't have enough ar, you are making your healer's job a lot harder. It is not cool. You could just do tier 3 fractals, why force yourself to places you don't belong yet and blame others ?

    I'm talking about a tier 2. And that's my point: if you can get the ar, you're not making anyone 's life harder

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    You lose the 5 AR if you lose your mistlock.

    It is entirely possible that someone is skilled enough to dodge all mechanics and be a seasoned fractal player that can't afford agony resist for some reason. But then again, that would require people to give that person the benefit of the doubt when there are literally tons of random people that could be bothered to get something close to agony resist. How one presents themselves matters; they can be the best player in the world, but not everyone has the patience to take said risk.

    You can always renew right? It only goes away on death. Also i was just 10 ar short and had a pot and almost instantly someone lolnub rage quit the party, i'm not saying give people ridiculous benefit of the doubt. I'm saying note that you can easily get 20 ar easy and don't auto throw a hissy fit.

    If it's a boss fight, you'd only be able to renew it if you wipe. If you're 10 below without the pot, people shouldn't care.

    But like, I've never really seen anyone with less than 130'ish resist for a very long time and most show up when the fractal scales are lower when they do. But are we talking about t4 here?

    Nope, t2. Also who dies between boss fights? There's usually a new one right after or before any boss. Point is, complete wipes are normal when you actually need to renew.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    You lose the 5 AR if you lose your mistlock.

    It is entirely possible that someone is skilled enough to dodge all mechanics and be a seasoned fractal player that can't afford agony resist for some reason. But then again, that would require people to give that person the benefit of the doubt when there are literally tons of random people that could be bothered to get something close to agony resist. How one presents themselves matters; they can be the best player in the world, but not everyone has the patience to take said risk.

    You can always renew right? It only goes away on death. Also i was just 10 ar short and had a pot and almost instantly someone lolnub rage quit the party, i'm not saying give people ridiculous benefit of the doubt. I'm saying note that you can easily get 20 ar easy and don't auto throw a hissy fit.

    If it's a boss fight, you'd only be able to renew it if you wipe. If you're 10 below without the pot, people shouldn't care.

    But like, I've never really seen anyone with less than 130'ish resist for a very long time and most show up when the fractal scales are lower when they do. But are we talking about t4 here?

    Nope, t2. Also who dies between boss fights? There's usually a new one right after or before any boss. Point is, complete wipes are normal when you actually need to renew.

    I meant during the actual boss fight, if you go down; you lose 5 AR for the rest of the fight. So it's not really 20; more like 15~

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    Need details. Did the player mentioned why he left? Was it before the run start or after a wipe etc. Was there a healer? most T2 PuG runs without healer.

    Anguised Tear of Alba only gives +10AR (+5 with mastery). Its possible to clear T2 with lower AR(yellow range, not recommended doing the reds) and to be low manned. Maybe just need some reassurance.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

    @ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Back in ye' olden days we just dodged all the skills that inflicted agony because they would just one shot you regardless. Kids these days just heal through stuff with their fancy hb's and don't appreciate how much easier life is now. Jade maw was a bit problematic without the ar though.

    Back in the old days, agony was also designed in a way that you could dodge all of it (especially since agony resistance was not high enough in the first place, making perfect dodges required for higher ranks of fractals). Given how there is now at the minimum pulsing agony when entering boss areas, making it near unavoidable: things change and a certain minimum AR is actually needed now (I had players in my static play with 0 AR "back in the day" at any fractal rank, not possible today).

    Also Jade Maw had a ton of exploits and work arounds to bypass the agony (ranger pet res, res orb, necro shroud, etc.).

  • Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭

    Hmm... This chart could be useful if you guys need to know how much agony does damage if you have xx agony resist... Normally t2 fractals shouldn't be a problem.. That tier is completely useless as you can straight away jump to tier 3 from tier one without any crafting.. Just using ascended trinkets. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eramonster.2718 said:
    Need details. Did the player mentioned why he left? Was it before the run start or after a wipe etc. Was there a healer? most T2 PuG runs without healer.

    Anguised Tear of Alba only gives +10AR (+5 with mastery). Its possible to clear T2 with lower AR(yellow range, not recommended doing the reds) and to be low manned. Maybe just need some reassurance.

    Yes, they specifically mentioned my AR level. Before even starting.