Charr drawing attempt — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Community Creations

Charr drawing attempt

TheLuckOfTheClaws.4592TheLuckOfTheClaws.4592 Member ✭✭
edited May 15, 2020 in Community Creations

I think I screwed up the anatomy a little, but I tried to draw my Charr thief, Lucky Singefletcher.

image0.png

Comments

• thepenmonster.3621thepenmonster.3621 Member ✭✭✭

Looks appropriately cuddly to me. Were you aiming for bad-kitten?

• @thepenmonster.3621 i think i was trying to aim for a middle ground between 'feirce' and 'cute' but i didn't really hit either of those. oh well, live and learn.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Your drawing is well done and I see what direction you were trying to go (with the "feirce and cute" thing).

You seem to be leaning towards a cartoonish style right now. I feel like it's a bit more cute than feirce. To be more balanced, you'll need to add a bit more detail on the feirce side (specifically looking at the eyes and mouth), but not too much. Big eyes is what usyally makes a character cute and friendly looking in a cartoonish style.

My final concern would be her left arm (or our right when we look at the drawing). The arm seems a bit twisted and not in the proper direction compared with the rest of the body. The main thing to rework would be the hand. A tip I use is to look at myself in the mirror with the same pose as the character I wish to draw. (Look closely how your hand would look like in the pose). I think that is what you meant by "proportion", however, if you were really aiming for a cartoonish style, your current body / head / limbs size is quite good.

In resume, small rework to the eyes (for a little bit more "feirce" look) and the position of the hand for now. (I'm really no expert at drawing, this is simply my observations.)

On a side note, I like your drawing and your style.

• @Edge.8724 Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and comment! I will take note of this when I redraw this.