EU Log-in servers crashes and constant ping lag spikes + usual WvW skillag. How to play? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

EU Log-in servers crashes and constant ping lag spikes + usual WvW skillag. How to play?

Yakez.7561Yakez.7561 Member ✭✭
edited May 15, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

So typical showcase. PvP is mostly unplayable. WvW is mostly unplayable. TP is unplayable, since items and gold just disappear in some cases.

It is not my ISP. have decade long relationship and never had issues in 7 years if GW2 and in other online games. Also I had network monitor when recorded that never went over 90ms ping.

Comments

• PhyX.4153PhyX.4153 Member

Confirm. Same problems.

• i never had lag on NA (i'm in italy) moved to EU and got random 4k+ lag spikes

• Deimos.7901Deimos.7901 Member ✭✭
    edited May 15, 2020

01aa15f59464e.png.html Amazon host EU serwers that's the problem
    And i tell its not my problem with network 900/300mb , since rollback i have that problems BLTC doesent work today at all for example.

• dFiance.2963dFiance.2963 Member ✭✭

I never have a lag in GW 2 mb a little but today ?
    I see not only me have this problem dont know what is going on.

• same here. Random spikes with 1k+ ping

• STEJIS.4695STEJIS.4695 Member ✭✭

Play is not possible, ping 2k jumps! There are no problems with the provider.

For me problem is solved im happy now ping good. But change game to port 80 dont know if this work or servers are now good.

@dFiance.2963 said:
    For me problem is solved im happy now ping good. But change game to port 80 dont know if this work or servers are now good.

What do you mean by "change game to port 80"?

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@PhyX.4153 said:

@dFiance.2963 said:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015788327-Configuring-your-Router-and-Firewall-Ports

But not ports help. They fixed servers for me . Dont know if for you too.

• AshkyLicious.4729AshkyLicious.4729 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2020

Hey guys!

I had the same issiue with TP up until yesterday evening. Everything I sold just disappeared and I didnt recieve any funds for the items I sold.

So I tried to do something different. instead of pressing the ”Sell instantly” button on TP, I tried to ”List” one cheap item for just slightly higher price. And that worked just well, and I could see the item in ”My transactions” tab. So I canceled the listing and the item loaded in my ”Delivery box”. I went to to the TP NPC and got the item back again. This time I tried to ”Sell instantly” again with the same cheap item. And it worked! And TP has been working just fine since then!

Now I dont know if this was just a coincedence or if this actually helped me connect to TP again somehow.

If you havent tried this, just try it with a cheap item. Maybe it works for you guys too!

• Yakez.7561Yakez.7561 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2020

So after totally unplayable 4k ping spike day I kind off wanted to play only thing that I really care about in GW2 - WvW reset/weekend.

I payed for good VPN and poof. Ping spike lag is gone. I do not know what kitten Anet done to servers but it definitely not my local ISP. Now I need to pay for VPN to play GW2.

Do you know what a VPN does? It takes a different route to the ArenaNet servers. Thus, the issue is somewhere between your ISP and the servers. Usually, it's a Tier 1 backbone.

edited May 16, 2020

Yes I exactly know what VPN does (I had 2 years tow. IT bachelor lol), point is that Anet, changed something to fix one problem and created problem in the other place. And I could not fix it on my local level.

Then, you know that a VPN doesn't change the final destination.

edited May 16, 2020

Whats your point? My destination did not change. My ISP did not change. Anet server destination did not change. Anet "fix" EU servers - I have 4k ping spikes and log-in server crash almost on every loading screen. I use paid 3rd party VPN tool and it is fine.

Tell me where I am stupid and do knot know what I am doing?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@PhyX.4153 said:

@dFiance.2963 said:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015788327-Configuring-your-Router-and-Firewall-Ports

It's NOT changing game's port. It's opening port FOR game.

• Incantus.8549Incantus.8549 Member ✭✭

@Yakez.7561 said:
    Whats your point? My destination did not change. My ISP did not change. Anet server destination did not change. Anet "fix" EU servers - I have 4k ping spikes and log-in server crash almost on every loading screen. I use paid 3rd party VPN tool and it is fine.

.... If there was an issue with Anet servers then a VPN wouldnt fix anything, pinging to a VPN if anything increases response time? All that VPN is doing is connecting to another server that then pings anet servers. I really fail to see how this would in any way help if the problem werent on your end.

• @Yakez.7561 said:

So typical showcase. PvP is mostly unplayable. WvW is mostly unplayable. TP is unplayable, since items and gold just disappear in some cases.

It is not my ISP. have decade long relationship and never had issues in 7 years if GW2 and in other online games. Also I had network monitor when recorded that never went over 90ms ping.

Same oh(((

edited May 16, 2020

@Incantus.8549 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

.... If there was an issue with Anet servers then a VPN wouldnt fix anything, pinging to a VPN if anything increases response time? All that VPN is doing is connecting to another server that then pings anet servers. I really fail to see how this would in any way help if the problem werent on your end.

Made NA account specifically to test ping spikes. And there is none on NA meanwhile EU without VPN is barely playble as AFK necro. So where is "problem on my end"?

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2020

It is actually funny how VPN removes lag spikes in GW2 while direct connection causes them. Should be other way around.
    Had ping 600+ today at WvW on Blue Border for few hours, been spiking back and forth. VPN lowered it to approximately 115 without big spikes.

• Koen.1327Koen.1327 Member ✭✭✭

ì have exactly this, very annoying! it's last weekend of the pvp season too

• Impossible to play. Ping 800+, terrible lag in the game all day =\

Issue still prevalent.

• It almost seems like it's getting worse with time. It's definitely worse than before the rollback, at least for me. I've tried a vpn, but it doesn't fix it.

• Incantus.8549Incantus.8549 Member ✭✭

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Incantus.8549 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

Made NA account specifically to test ping spikes. And there is none on NA meanwhile EU without VPN is barely playble as AFK necro. So where is "problem on my end"?

Except that is not what you said in your first post, it mentions nothing about you testing ping spikes on NA, it reads as if a VPN magically fixed your EU ping, which it wouldnt if the EU servers themselves are borked.

There's more to the path than your home 'destination', your ISP, and the final destination, ArenaNet servers.
    A VPN can take a different path to the servers, thereby by-passing whatever is having issues, such as a Tier 1 backbone.

edited May 18, 2020

@Incantus.8549 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

@Incantus.8549 said:

@Yakez.7561 said:

Except that is not what you said in your first post, it mentions nothing about you testing ping spikes on NA, it reads as if a VPN magically fixed your EU ping, which it wouldnt if the EU servers themselves are borked.

I have made it after making VPN. I am yet to receive any support from support, so yea. I am honestly tired from all the people, that think they are smarter, then people, that have real issues with the game.

On top of ping spikes we have issues with TP, the worst skillag in WvW, constant problems with 2FA and log-in servers just not working ATM.

edited May 19, 2020

After revival of dead EU log-in server issue of ping spikes is gone. Had two play session without VPN and everything was fine.

What a coincidence.

• Skynet.7201Skynet.7201 Member ✭✭✭

Three crashes within 30 minutes, EU, WvW. :s

• EU servers not working?
    Or is it just me cant login for a long time?