New To GW2! PvP Questions!

Hello GW2 community.

I'm ex WoW player (meh yes), and am really hard core PvP player. Even tho I fully enjoy playing the PvE content, I do mainly focus on the PvP. I tryed few unranked bg-s, they were pretty balanced. But when I joined a custom game (I clicked a list, where there were thousand+ custom games and entered into 1v1 custom) I was almost fully destroyed. Felt like the gear REALLY MATTER in the custom games.I am with boosted default gear (blue one) by ordering the game and players in the custom game were much better geared compared to me.

My first question is:Is there any stats balance when I enter any custom game, hosted by a player? (like the unranked bg-s I did, becouse there were a stats balance and the PvP felt really pleasent)

My second question is:How can I join ranked Arena match, and can I choose my party? (what I get from Ranked Arena match and is it worth getting better gear since stats are balanced?)

My third question is:Is there any ranked ladder ingame I can check, or is there any rating that shows your current arena position rank?

With respectonlyflameone

0) Custom arenas aren't really for playing conquest. They don't have matchmaking.

1) Your gear doesn't matter in any pvp except wvw. Read this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Build

2) You need to reach pvp rank 20 to play ranked, keep playing unranked for a while. You can only choose 1 of your teammates, meaning you can queue with a maximum of 2 people (you and 1 friend). No, gear does not matter.

3) Yeah check this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leaderboards

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:What do I get from Conquest, I mean what do I get from wining PvP ranked matches? Is it worth? How?

pips and exp ( dunno how that purple thing is called ) and gold.lose gives 15s, win gives 30s.Pips progres the chests.chests give shards for gear or you can sell them, raw gold, grandmaster marks ( used for ascended weapons ).Raw gold is alright, for example last chest when done fully gives about 28g if memory serves me right.

Purple exp gives 5 bags that gives random blue/green/yellow gear for salvage, and as you level that up you unlock new pvp finishers

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:What do I get from Conquest, I mean what do I get from wining PvP ranked matches? Is it worth? How?

Couple of things you can get from PvP. There are various reward tracks which give various rewards and usually some cool Armour at the end of the track, you can progress this from literally just playing PvP! Check the 4th tab on your PvP menu to see what reward tracks are available to you.Ranked PvP grants an additional track in the way of various chests that require pips to progress, you get more pips for a win and less for a loss. These Chests increase in rewards the more you progress encouraging you to continue playing the PvP season. Rewards include PvP League Tickets, Warlord Armour Box, Grandmaster Marks and Ascended Shards of Glory.

My advice would be to continue playing unranked for a while until you learn the gamemode and until you reach level 20 in your PvP rank. Focus on learning your role depending on what class you play with and learn simple rotations between nodes to avoid being outnumbered, therefore giving the opponents easy kills.

Hope this helps :)

I think you can get mostly everything (gear wise) playing only one game mode, doesnt matter which one

So the pve or wvw player wont be stronger than you if you decide to hop there

some things are faster tpo get in one game mode, like the legendary back in pvp

gold wise pvp is also good, better than most gold farms in the game