WvW Hackers — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW Hackers

manky wench.4012manky wench.4012 Member ✭✭

Im curious to know why hackers arent given a perma ban? One in particular that was reported by a huge number of players not only on the servers facing his but on his own server NSP as well. It took Anet 5 weeks to give him a 2 week ban when they were provided with screenshots and video evidence of him using golems under ground to take out siege, clean jumping over walls in smc even up to the second floor. Its not acceptable that a 2 week ban for this lvl of hacking is all that was imposed. We all know that WvW is at the bottom of the list of things Anet cares about but this is BS

Comments

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wow you got him for 2 weeks. I remember some teef or something 1000's reported for years. Guy would contest keep for hours upon hours from underground. How do you know his ban duration? Is he back or maybe he just lied and lol I only got 2 weeks to troll you more

• im only going off he hadnt been online for 2 weeks after someone else i know received mail to say the matter had been dealt with and hes just reappeared online today

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

@manky wench.4012 said:
    im only going off he hadnt been online for 2 weeks after someone else i know received mail to say the matter had been dealt with and hes just reappeared online today

Oh. that's unfortunate. He should be perm banned I agree. He gives us a bad rep and everyone lumps all of us in together like the server cheats even tho I have never seen him once

• yeah im sure if it was pvp he would of been toast

• So this is the mail i sent to Anet -
    Ive seen not only the screenshots and videos of the player XXXXXXXXX.5387 hacking but ive been in the same room watching someone playing in wvw and seeing this guy myself. knowing hes being reported a huge amount of times by players against him and on his own server and it taking 5 weeks to action what appeared to be a ban was bad enough but to see hes back online is NOT ACCEPTABLE how much more can one person get away with and we have all seen people have had perma bans for less. i cant even tell you how disappointed i am with anet right now and if this was pvp it would be a different outcome

this is the absolute rubbish they reply with

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this incident.

We understand that their behavior can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience as these investigations take time.

However, please understand that privacy concerns prevent us from discussing our methods or the results of our findings.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ANET, THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH....START UPHOLDING THE RULES YOU MAKE BECAUSE YOUR BECOMING A BIGGER JOKE BY THE DAY

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@manky wench.4012 said:
    So this is the mail i sent to Anet -
    Ive seen not only the screenshots and videos of the player XXXXXXXXX.5387 hacking but ive been in the same room watching someone playing in wvw and seeing this guy myself. knowing hes being reported a huge amount of times by players against him and on his own server and it taking 5 weeks to action what appeared to be a ban was bad enough but to see hes back online is NOT ACCEPTABLE how much more can one person get away with and we have all seen people have had perma bans for less. i cant even tell you how disappointed i am with anet right now and if this was pvp it would be a different outcome

this is the absolute rubbish they reply with

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this incident.

We understand that their behavior can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience as these investigations take time.

However, please understand that privacy concerns prevent us from discussing our methods or the results of our findings.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ANET, THIS ISNT GOOD ENOUGH....START UPHOLDING THE RULES YOU MAKE BECAUSE YOUR BECOMING A BIGGER JOKE BY THE DAY

Did... did you actually include any images or videos of the hacker in action in your mail?

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• did you read my first post?

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

ANet is known of being extremely forgiving and forgetful. Remember all the PvP dramas with win-trading with real money, breaking TOS etc? AFAIK most of those ppl got "perma" dishonor removed after they "showed remorse"...

[NUKE]

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I know exactly who the OP is talking about. They get the occasional game suspension, but this has been going on for years. I still have no idea why Anet lets these people ever log back in. Literally video after video of them using third party tools, nothing ever happens.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• I can confirm the player we all know is back. So far, I have seen him on other game modes, but not in wvw.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem is it wouldn't do them any good to perma ban the person, the game is F2P and WvW is available for it without Gliding or Warclaw, neither of which are needed to go on underground hacking adventures. The rules were more enforceable in the past because people had to pay $50 or $60 USD to cheat in WvW and risk losing that entire investment, now they don't.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest(PvE), Terakura/Spellbreaker & Kitty Koume/Reaper(WvW) | ♀♥♀

• @Ubi.4136 said:
    Sadly, I know exactly who the OP is talking about. They get the occasional game suspension, but this has been going on for years. I still have no idea why Anet lets these people ever log back in. Literally video after video of them using third party tools, nothing ever happens.

so this person has been around for years then? if we can "violate" anets terms of service what about anet violating us by allowing these players to continue?

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2020

@manky wench.4012 said:
    did you read my first post?

I read it, you said they already banned him for 2 weeks. Did you include any new evidence?

If Anet dont want to perma ban him... well then they dont. Who knows why. We dont.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭

Honestly, after Gw2 became "almost" free-to-play, do not expect much in this situation. Creating new account is a matter of few minutes,. Oh, well, I read somewhere on the GW2 wiki that f2p accounts cannot enter WvW until character level 60, so even if he got a permaban the hacker will be delayed ... hmm .. maybe 2 or 3 days if he know the most efficient dynamic event chains in PvE maps. (I persomally cannot confirm this lvl restriction, I play GW2 since betatest and there were absolutely no restrictions back at that time when GW2 game was launched, so I dont know for sure how it works today).

Anyway as I said, do not expect much, after all ArenaNet is not known for quick responding to any WvW problems.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was amazed at first at how careless and brazen this player is. Guess it makes sense if he just gets a short ban.

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

The one from a S server that his omega is immune to siege disruptors. Anet been claiming everything on that S server but just chooses to ignore it. Makes you wonder who it is doing these hacks LMFAO

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ah I know who you be talkin' aboot. As usual, unfortunate no appropriate action taken, and by that I mean towards the acc itself, and not something temporary.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

My thoughts is there should be a zero tolerance policy on Third Party Hacking. Exploits should be an incremental ban based on number of offenses.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Excursion.9752 said:
    My thoughts is there should be a zero tolerance policy on Third Party Hacking. Exploits should be an incremental ban based on number of offenses.

I think few would argue with you.

But it likely wouldn’t make a large difference. Free accounts would still be utilized as their is no way to link them.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Bish.8627Bish.8627 Member ✭✭✭

I guess its done case to case. I did the usual report and support stuff, I also opened a ticket to be told it is not the proper channel. I replied that the guy was warping around, getting into towers and keeps, worst part was some people were defending them as "just a good thief". Fast forward, guys been banned so I have been told. Had them on block and they haven't been online since. It was so blatant and brazen. The only thing they even tried to conceal it with was stealthing, even then they would miss time it, stealth, speed hack but stealth would break and you would see them do it. Sent a link to a video along with a message asking to pass it along because report is doing nothing. Reported several cheaters and you see them doing the same stuff time later, its just a red flag not evidence, no way they can watch every cheater.

My worry is, we don't even see the most of cheaters, a lot conceal it well. In FPS it is far more wide spread than people realise and the toxic mentality of "they are just good, lol git gud" is a blanket cover they operate under. If obvious cheaters are getting away with it, the ones being subtle are for sure. I can tell you there is a theif with a moderate youtube following who even in their videos don't take damage. I have seen them, cleaved with holo and no damage registered. In their own videos you can see for a few ticks they stand in ele aoe and nothing happens, as if their hit box isn't there.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

I think few would argue with you.

But it likely wouldn’t make a large difference. Free accounts would still be utilized as their is no way to link them.

True but at least they would have to endure the pain of getting one character to lvl 60. Unless they are hacking that too.

I've thought for a while free accounts should be limited to their Home Borderlands lands. So many people have alt accounts just to see where the other tags are. This would limit this somewhat. That way people who are legitimately using a free account could get a taste of the game mode and entice them to purchase the game.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Akainu.8216Akainu.8216 Member ✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Akainu.8216 said:
    I want to report that wsr players hacking to win every fight
    Hood guild saw everything:
    One has to keep in mind that kill, LAYS, and nike have publicly stated that they were using macros at some point and that without macros one can not call themselves a competitive wvsw guild. Regarding that, you have to keep in mind that most of WSR, and therefore most of kill, LAYS, and nike will do anything to win the fight. Including macros, using the auto targeting and auto canceling mechanics in the game and also acknowledging and endorse hacking (speed hacking as an example).

Do we have a link of this statement?

its a statement from the hood guild
    i got my informations from them and i trust them
    and lots of ppl are saying the same

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    The problem is it wouldn't do them any good to perma ban the person, the game is F2P and WvW is available for it without Gliding or Warclaw, neither of which are needed to go on underground hacking adventures. The rules were more enforceable in the past because people had to pay $50 or $60 USD to cheat in WvW and risk losing that entire investment, now they don't.

The person would lose all their cool cosmetics and have to waste a bunch of time leveling up again to get into WvW (I think you have to reach 60). So either they'd buy expansion to boost or waste hours leveling. Then ban a few of their accounts and they might figure it's not worth their time anymore.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe some guy like the one who did things like arc dps and templates should be asked what to do for fixing these cheating things?

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

It sucks, I've seen a lot of people Jumping walls and downed teleporting to safety lately, Even people on my own team. Is it really that hard to get a ban that they're not even trying to hide it?

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there a bug with ranger weapons? or they hacking?
    This week i've already come across 2 rangers on separate occasions that use 3 mainhand weapons in a single fight.

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    This week i've already come across 2 rangers on separate occasions that use 3 mainhand weapons in a single fight.

What weapons are you seeing? Some weapons can be used in main and offhand so I’m curious what weapons you’ve seen in this case.

Also, it’s possible to actually disengage and swap builds quickly if you have hot keys setup. I’ve done it and it could definitely look like I have more tools than I actually have if I’m quick enough.

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

I saw a new hack other day in Wvw and it was incredible. We were in a 2v2 and beat a guy down to zero health and couldn't put him in a down state, we held him at zero health for 10 secs or so then I noticed his health bar regenerating but it was weird cause it had like a pinkish discolored color while it was regenerating, then, … boom, once it reached 70% it was red again. We did it to him twice before I just said forget it and quit. Sometimes I wonder for stuff like this if it isn't Anet people and they just run these hacks while testing so they aren't constantly killed before they have a chance to gather the info or complete the testing that they wanted to do. /shrug. Idk but I had never seen this hack before.

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

The discoloration thing sounds like barrier.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

Do you think cheating in a game correlates with failing at life?
    I think the chances are pretty high.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

It's not a bug. I could probably tell you both the guild and player name just from your statement. And yes, they are axe/axe; sword/axe for their weapon sets, but somehow without exiting combat, are able to also use their longbow. They regularly use sword 3 for the evade, followed by axe 2 then immediately longbow 4 and rapidfire. When I commented laughing about the ridiculousness of it in chat, the enemy immediately whispered me and told me to stop being dramatic. This guild is also the same one that can be killed at say blue EB spawn on reset, release, and make it back from red spawn in under 10 seconds.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭

Speaking about hacking, I remember some strange situation which happened some days ago - We were fighting small fights roughly 15vs15 or so around SMC, and at some point I was almost instakilled when I instantly lost around 20k HP. I immediatelly double-dodged from the fight, but still enemy ranger shot me to down-state and then I was killed by Warclaw leap waiting for some downed ppl. After I respawned, I was checking in game Combat Log, who was doing THAT HIGH 20k damage and with which skill, but to my surprise, there were no higher sum within 1 sec between my regeneration tickx than the total summ of aroun 4,5k, and maximum of 5k damage at all. Anyway, even wheni sumarized all dmg in that Combat Log, it would take at least 4,5 seconds to reach my amount of HP to get me to down-state. No sign in Combat Log of total summ of 20k damage within even 1 second time interval..

Ok, now to the point: Any other players experienced some situations (should I call hacks?) when enemy damage does NOT exist in Combat Log?

Btw that ranger was suspicious too, are there some hacks which enhanced the maximum distance (I mean attack range) of Ranger Bow attacks?

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

Exactly the reason why there needs to be harsher and progressive punishment which actually gets enforced.

Break ToS 1nce: slap on the wrist.
    Break ToS twice: longer slap on the wrist.
    Break ToS multiple times: just remove this player please (or even just restrict their access to certain parts of the game permanently). There are hundreds or thousand others which are affected in a negative way. Will it help with free to play accounts which the play can create? No, but it will go a long way in at least removing his main account. If the guy wants to spend weeks, months years on lowbie new accounts, let him. We all get to choose how we spend our limited time on this planet.

• got another bs reply from anet regarding this guy with the usual "i know its frustrating" blah blah but actually whats frustrating is seeing other people say hes been around for years. again Anet again my question is if we have obligations to abide by your terms and conditions wheres your obligation to us to uphold your own rules?

• Farout.8207Farout.8207 Member ✭✭✭

@manky wench.4012 said:
    got another bs reply from anet regarding this guy with the usual "i know its frustrating" blah blah but actually whats frustrating is seeing other people say hes been around for years. again Anet again my question is if we have obligations to abide by your terms and conditions wheres your obligation to us to uphold your own rules?

This player must buy a lot of gems...

~Cleetus

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

@Faenar.8036 said:
    Speaking about hacking, I remember some strange situation which happened some days ago - We were fighting small fights roughly 15vs15 or so around SMC, and at some point I was almost instakilled when I instantly lost around 20k HP. I immediatelly double-dodged from the fight, but still enemy ranger shot me to down-state and then I was killed by Warclaw leap waiting for some downed ppl. After I respawned, I was checking in game Combat Log, who was doing THAT HIGH 20k damage and with which skill, but to my surprise, there were no higher sum within 1 sec between my regeneration tickx than the total summ of aroun 4,5k, and maximum of 5k damage at all. Anyway, even wheni sumarized all dmg in that Combat Log, it would take at least 4,5 seconds to reach my amount of HP to get me to down-state. No sign in Combat Log of total summ of 20k damage within even 1 second time interval..

Ok, now to the point: Any other players experienced some situations (should I call hacks?) when enemy damage does NOT exist in Combat Log?

Btw that ranger was suspicious too, are there some hacks which enhanced the maximum distance (I mean attack range) of Ranger Bow attacks?

Sounds like packet loss.
    You got murdered, but the server was late in informing you so. The result on your screen was a bunch of attacks from several seconds all appearing at once. You've probably even seen it from the other side, some player just stands there eating damage then teleports in downstate.
    I've had this happen many times due to lousy interwebs in my region.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct