Learning Ele for PVE

Opopanax.1803

Hey All-Recently I have decided to make an Ele. My goal is to to have a healing Ele strike missions working towards raids.

I know that I will need a dps spec to switch to as needed.

My challenge with ele has always been that it feels very squishy. Are there any builds that are a bit more durable? Simpler rotations? I'm wondering if a condi build for dps might be better starting out, but just dont know enough about dps for ele.

Thanks

Condi tempest can be played while camping only fire. FA tempest mostly camps air while using other attunements for quick burst and F3 recharge. Sword weaver builds revolve around 2 attunements: fire and air for power, fire and earth for condi. Sure you can minmax with conjured weapons, other attunements for more damage etc etc, but these are the basics that are sufficient enough for most pve so generally ele isnt as hard as most people think, it just has very high skill ceiling.

Your main defense comes from downed lava font (great rally tool) and your blinds (earth glyph of storms, warhorn 5 in earth), but most of the time you should just kill enemies quickly because all 4 mentioned builds have pretty high burst and FA tempest also comes with good range. You can find all 4 on metabattle/snowcrows/discretize websites.

@"Opopanax.1803" said:Hey All-Recently I have decided to make an Ele. My goal is to to have a healing Ele strike missions working towards raids.

I know that I will need a dps spec to switch to as needed.

My challenge with ele has always been that it feels very squishy. Are there any builds that are a bit more durable? Simpler rotations? I'm wondering if a condi build for dps might be better starting out, but just dont know enough about dps for ele.

Thanks

Since ele gets most of its condition damage from burning, you can actually do quite well with condi in open world. I am pretty sure fire weaver is by far the best build for this, however, and that is a bit more complicated. But if you plan to run raids and strikes, you should be able to handle that!

Here's the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjhgzsUl0G-e

And here are a couple of videos demonstrating how it plays. The first is just a quick clip of me leaping into a pile of mixed mordrem, including one of those heavy armor vet frogs. The second is a Champion Avatar of Balthazar solo in 0:55 without even swapping to water or using a heal! Does it get any tougher than that? And the damage is still quite strong!

https://youtu.be/hbe3HEC4P9c

https://youtu.be/78NmfDWEOUM

Just wanted to say that I have been playing around in HoT soloing Hero Points to acquire all of my tempest skills/traits.

I've been playing staff with the elite glyph and trinkets as celestial.

That elite earth elemental is ridiculously strong! I spawn it at the start, swap to fire with my staff and nuke things down. Swap to water to heal the elemental and it literally just keeps tanking. Crazy!

Anyway, just sharing, having fun with this.

@Opopanax.1803 said:Just wanted to say that I have been playing around in HoT soloing Hero Points to acquire all of my tempest skills/traits.

I've been playing staff with the elite glyph and trinkets as celestial.

That elite earth elemental is ridiculously strong! I spawn it at the start, swap to fire with my staff and nuke things down. Swap to water to heal the elemental and it literally just keeps tanking. Crazy!

Anyway, just sharing, having fun with this.

Nice! I'm glad you found something that is working for you!