While login servers are off again, lets talk about bots in sPvP and why Anet could supports them.

Tomixus.3486

Hello there.

Not so hardcore pvp player here,(only 500 matches this season) 1200-1500 rating.While I wasnt paying much attention to this topic earlier this season and that was only because I climbed really quickly to 1400+ where you barelly find those. Latery I start to play hammer warr, which is fun, but you also rather loose than solo carry.Long story short, ended up in 1200+ and start to realize how many of bots are in sPvP. YES actuall AI playing instead of human or however you identify yourself. NO Im pretty sure those are not players on wheelie who have to get nourished by straw.

At 1200+ especially during early AM hours on EU servers you end with atleast 1 bot per game, even tho 2 or even 3+ are not as rare as you might think. Usual scenario is; bot joins game rather later, doesnt respond at all, moves in same exact pattern for every map, invisible status, hundreds games this season. Nothing special there, they usually choose mirage and execute flawless rotation which is tbh even better than so many other players at 1200+ OR they set up some bunker build that gonna camp your close/enemy far which again at 1200+ gives enormous advantage since, lets be honest, dudes in team still gonna waste eternity trying to kill that bot rather than focusing on other 2 points causing match being 3v4 most of the time.

As I mentioned earlier, not hardcore player, 500 games. Hardstuck. I met same and exact people entire season and started to report them weeks ago. Now we have last day of this season and the same exact people which I reported are still rolling down sPvP all day all night. Other than fact that im not the only one person complaining or reporting, (just try it yourself, type "bot" into forums search bar and you gonna see how many recent threats and posts were made lately. not just forum but reddit as well) I would like to know why numbers of those posts is increasing rather than decreasing and why there there isnt official feedback of confirmed bots OR at least why it takes so long to confirm them... If Anet even do this. Which made me thinking...

Could Anet actually support bots just to make PvP feels more alive?

We know that mode is pretty much dead since you are able to meet the exact bunch of people entire month in silver/gold, not some crazy high legend rank - which you shouldnt, definitely not in low gold where most of people are.Im pretty sure im not the only one who can do basic math about how much gold can one get daily/weekly/monthly just for pressing 'log in' and run game sonewhere on background we all know how that can manipulate economy.And since they not banning/suspending, they wont make any statements or updates on this situation, hell, most people believe they dont even care or that reports are meaningless. AND on top of those, bots decreasing queues by fair ammout of time. (day ago I encountered exact engi bunker bot 6 games in row as engi and only really havent played more cause we lost most of that games. true queue time was less than 2 mins thanks i guess?)

Could REALLY all this mean that botting is unofficially supported from Anet themself?I need to know cause I rather pay 5.99€ next month than spend that much time in mode that only still exist because people are rather bothered by killing other people with high skill cap condi guardians than wasting their time sweating blood and pouring tears in raids.

PS: sorry for misunderstands, formating, grammar. typing on phone.

Um well apparently once you use as your nickname something associated with covid-19 things get really quick there, especially in PvP. That might be also small addition why would one believe bots are not as hot topic as they actually should be.