Friendly-Fire WvW event week — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Friendly-Fire WvW event week

Tomas.6092Tomas.6092 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 18, 2020 in WvW

As you, mister Anet, did Coreswap, No-Downstate event weeks in WvW, would it be possible to do Friendly-Fire week also?
Could attack and kill your own server players, just as usual and normal like with enemies.

Only way friendly-fire wouldn't work - is between people in same party or squad.

Would love to kill my own server without transfering out or playing on an alt account, thnx.

EU - Whiteside Ridge
Tequila
[Kill] Gotta Kill Em All

MagSwag

Comments

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would still like this more:
    https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-can-we-changed-WvW-to-prevent-the-blob/4821283

How about a weaker form of friendly fire (which has to many negative side-effects)
    Every Friend in your AoE Area count against your AoE-Limit
    So if you put AoE onto an area with 5 friends you do no damage. I guess this will take out all teeth of the Blob-Stacking Meta.
    This will make single-target skills more valuable as single target skills will be the only way to hit enemies in your blob.
    It will make small groups valuable that can “hide” in the enemy blob.
    Both could need an upgrade for large-scale fights.
    Generally I would propose the following priority in AoE target selection:
    Invisible Friends > Invisible Enemies > Visible Friends > Visible Enemies
    I.e. you only hit a visible enemy with AoE, if there there are less than 3/5 friends or invisible enemies in your target area, you only hit invisible enemies if there are less than 3/5 invisible friends in your target area. The higher priority for invisibles is needed as you cannot target them with directed skills.

• Tomas.6092Tomas.6092 Member ✭✭✭

overcomplicating friendly fire for no reason. just make so friendly fire would be disabled between people in same party or squad and that it. go on kill spree for 1 week, relive The Purge movie

EU - Whiteside Ridge
    Tequila
    [Kill] Gotta Kill Em All

MagSwag

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@[email protected] oh this might be a scary event.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭

Friendly Fire only for AoE

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

So what you are saying is you don't want roamers in the game anymore? As your last statement shows what your intent is, that being those in the same party or squad, meaning everyone is going to ball up even bigger, because if you don't you are going to die, if not from the other two servers, then from your own.

This will also make trolling out of hand, those spys who troll tactics etc? Well now they are not in your party and sitting in your keep his real server is attacking and can now cause all sorts of problems from the inside.

This honestly ranks pretty high up there for worst idea.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

You can't even 111 range in these cases because you'll hit allies. All you can really do is buff and ae range. It's more complicated than you think.

• Taobella.6597Taobella.6597 Member ✭✭✭

the server would not be able to handle friendly fire it cant even handle what it does now lol.

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah no thanks.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

We have suggested friendly fire and body collision before to solve zerging.

Unfortunetly Anet isnt listening.

I have no idea why.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020

Sure, fun for hour, then everyone logs out for rest of the week. Let me show you some examples about fun event design:

• Breakbar event: Every player has a breakbar (~3s knockdown/stun worth)
    • "Need a plumber?": All lord rooms are filled with water
    • Ultrasonic: Permanent superspeed
    • Together-in-death: Special ability skill that allows you to link with an ally, you share incoming damage, barrier and healing 50-50 (based on max health)
    • Going camping: Camps spawn omega golem in them every 5 minutes
    • "Where did the walls go?": All outer SM/keep gates/walls have all mysteriously disappeared.

Pretty simple stuff

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, innovator
    Social Experiment [sX] leader
    Desolation+Alt
    Diamond Legend

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Threather.9354 said:
    Sure, fun for hour, then everyone logs out for rest of the week. Let me show you some examples about fun event design:

• Breakbar event: Every player has a breakbar (~3s knockdown/stun worth)
    • "Need a plumber?": All lord rooms are filled with water
    • Ultrasonic: Permanent superspeed
    • Together-in-death: Special ability skill that allows you to link with an ally, you share incoming damage, barrier and healing 50-50 (based on max health)
    • Going camping: Camps spawn omega golem in them every 5 minutes
    • "Where did the walls go?": All outer SM/keep gates/walls have all mysteriously disappeared.

Pretty simple stuff

Simple to say, but for our part time intern to make? HAH

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

I'd like a lol type event.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

So why should you be able to hide in a squad for this?
    If you want friendly fire, then make it free for all, squads and groups disabled for the event.
    Better yet just reverse it and make everyone in your squad has friendly fire to those in the squad, that way people who want to play with friendly fire can do so without bothering everyone else wanting to play World vs World vs World not Squad vs Rednames.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    There's no power creep you just don't recognize more people hitting you - Flat Earther

• Comus.7365Comus.7365 Member ✭✭

we already have "friendly fire" log into an alt account of your enemy server and sabotage them whenever your main one's about to flex. happens pretty much daily.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

just no. the format doesn't even work balancewise yet, and there are so many really new players around, this would be brutally bad. last thing we'd need are friendly fire stuff. btw funny that this comes not long after someone cries about "boring sustain blob". those especially would be buffed by kinda event by 300% since it gets harder for enemies to stack up while u cannot hit yourself with retal.

i sometimes ask myself if the people in this section do even play Wvw?

better options would be what @Threather.9354 posted. while still, the work that goes into Wvw is really not much, would be kinda wonder if anything alike would happen.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

A fun idea for sure but you can already do it. Look for reflect fields and unload into them with all your projectiles ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Laughs in weaver.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

240 man free for all , last man standing event.

• Jabronee.9465Jabronee.9465 Member ✭✭

The first move I'll do is to pew pew my commander as we moving out from base to see if it works lolz!

• Faenar.8036Faenar.8036 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020

Friendly Fire one-week event in GW2 WvW? My guesstimation of result is:
    For the first 15 minutes: - Free-for-All bloody massacre pew pew chaos
    For the rest of the week: - Empty servers, with some casuals unaware of the event wondering "Uh, oh, kitten? Where are players? Any comms on map? Well, anyone anywhere at all? Is this final death of WvW or what?" And after 10 minutes of no response at all: "Pfff, no one to play with or against, kitten this, Im gonna log off too."

// edit: the word " w..t..f " is censored too? hehe, nice censorship robot kitty kitty script : ))

• Yakez.7561Yakez.7561 Member ✭✭

Squat of minionmancers on spawn WP seems fine. AFK farm, the best.

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

@Tomas.6092 said:
    As you, mister Anet, did Coreswap, No-Downstate event weeks in WvW, would it be possible to do Friendly-Fire week also?
    Could attack and kill your own server players, just as usual and normal like with enemies.

Only way friendly-fire wouldn't work - is between people in same party or squad.

Would love to kill my own server without transfering out or playing on an alt account, thnx.

This would be a great idea to do 1 week before alliances come out :)

• bluberblasen.9684bluberblasen.9684 Member ✭✭✭

please let me kill my server mates...
    sometimes i wish i could :-/

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

I'd love it. Sometimes you have useless rallybots that just scale up the lord. Therefore, I could just kill them and make it easier on all of us.

Also body block would be funny too.

Of course, if we have those idiot tags that tell people to get off the map, it'd be for some easy pin sniping.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

longbow-4'ing enemies out of allied bombs, mount stomping folks before they're finished, S'nR/transfusing allies into enemy bombs, blasting your own smoke fields on your allies trying to capture objectives and dropping scourge portals on harvesting nodes right after an objective capture make for some pretty salt-induced friendly fire. You don't need Anet's help with this one. =)

Disclaimer: Don't do this stuff if you want the players on your home server to like you.

~ Kovu

Ranger, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭

i friendly fire in Team Chat and that's sufficient, done once a day.