Invisible projectile hate

I'm talking about: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrosive_Poison_Cloud

This has been an issue for awhile, but it's more apparent when you're playing projectile heavy builds. Corrosive poison cloud has almost no visible animation in grass, on points, or mixed in with other visual clutter, see video:

Against builds like core condi engineer, which has grenades and pistol as its damage sources (both projectile), it provides essentially 100% damage immunity for 8 seconds, every 20 seconds if traited.

Not being able to tell when to start/stop using important projectile abilities is one thing, the uptime is another. Fix both.

Maybe you should stop using projectiles when you can see a Corrosive Poison Cloud on the node and absolutely none of your ranged attacks are hitting for several seconds.

"Not being able to tell" is on you for ignoring the fact that you literally wasted your entire kit when it's pretty obvious what was happening.

Though, the uptime is an issue as it is effectively 40% uptime on ranged projectile invulnerability.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Maybe you should stop using projectiles when you can see a Corrosive Poison Cloud on the node and absolutely none of your ranged attacks are hitting for several seconds.

Maybe the title of the post is INVISIBLE projectile hate. And if you can't see something in the first place, how do you know when it ends?

To respond to your edits:

"Not being able to tell" is on you for ignoring the fact that you literally wasted your entire kit when it's pretty obvious what was happening.

I didn't post this as a highlight of good gameplay. My goal in game was to simply show how long it lasts for the sake of filming it.

Though, the uptime is an issue as it is effectively 40% uptime on ranged projectile invulnerability.

So you believe the animation, as is, is perfectly good? 100% disagree. Won't be convinced otherwise.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Maybe you should stop using projectiles when you can see a Corrosive Poison Cloud on the node and absolutely none of your ranged attacks are hitting for several seconds.

Maybe the title of the post is INVISIBLE projectile hate. And if you can't see something in the first place, how do you know when it ends?

You need to rewatch your own video.

When your grenades are hitting the CPC, you can see a black-green burst every time they get absorbed. You can also pretty easily see the red ring on the ground the necro is standing in.

@shadowpass.4236 said:When your grenades are hitting the CPC, you can see a black-green burst every time they get absorbed. You can also pretty easily see the red ring on the ground the necro is standing in.

Please tell me again how the red ring that surrounds literally every AoE in the game is clearly one and not any of the others.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its kind of obvious when your nades clearly hit the guy but no numbers show up, but I think all projectiles that get blocked or reflected should have pop ups saying just that. skills that block all attacks say that, so why not projectiles.

Yes, clearly when no numbers pop up and the projectiles are eaten there's something amiss. That's not the point.

Here are the points and I'm not sure why it has to be explicitly said:

• You shouldn't have to waste abilities into Corrosive Poison Cloud to know that it's there.
  • You shouldn't have to rely on a simple red ring on the ground to know when it's gone.
  • You shouldn't have 40% uptime on projectile hate.

@bethekey.8314 said:

• You shouldn't have to waste abilities into Corrosive Poison Cloud to know that it's there.
  • You shouldn't have to rely on a simple red ring on the ground to know when it's gone.

Fair.

Nah. Melee him or wait. Necro and reaper have a rough time vs ranged classes to begin with.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Fair.

Nah. Melee him. Necro and reaper have a rough time vs ranged classes to begin with.

You wouldn't really take it on reaper because of the self weakness and cripple.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its kind of obvious when your nades clearly hit the guy but no numbers show up, but I think all projectiles that get blocked or reflected should have pop ups saying just that. skills that block all attacks say that, so why not projectiles.

Yes, clearly when no numbers pop up and the projectiles are eaten there's something amiss. That's not the point.

Here are the points and I'm not sure why it has to be explicitly said:

I kind of agreed with you, but since you want to be redundant lets get into it:

• you don't, just use auto attack
  • again if you auto then you know whats up
  • that's necros only projectile defense and barely anyone uses it, get over it

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:I kind of agreed with you, but since you want to be redundant lets get into it:

• you don't, just use auto attack
  • again if you auto then you know whats up
  • that's necros only projectile defense and barely anyone uses it, get over it
  1. When should you start autoing? You can't see it. And what if your auto attack isn't a projectile? I see you've thought this through.
  2. Again, point 1.
  3. Ah, one of those "don't fix it until it becomes my problem" people. If that's your truly your argument, then I feel bad for people associated with you. How about we let Anet decide what's relevant or not.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:I don't get why people defend this for no reason.

The skill is obviously very hard to see. Make it less transparent and the problem will be solved.

Because there are far more egregious projectile hate skills with higher uptime and some are even reflects. Necro has one AoE projectile block, it's not an issue.

Please link/show/explain the far more egregious projectile hate, I'm interested.

It doesn't negate the fact that this necro skill should be re-animated and tuned down, but I'm still interested.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Because there are far more egregious projectile hate skills with higher uptime and some are even reflects. Necro has one AoE projectile block, it's not an issue.

Please read before answering.

I don't care about its duration, cooldown or radius. I just want to see the skill so I can stop using my projectiles.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I agree that projectile denial skills are very strong. CPC could do with a better animation.

Glad you came around.

The video shows what I wanted it to show: poor animation in a real setting. The uptime doesn't need a video.

Or is your point just to insult me?

I agree that projectile denial skills are strong. However, you posted a very poor example of gameplay as justification. In that clip, you wasted multiple attacks over a decent amount of time when you could have just stowed and waited for the CPC to end. Whether or not you feel insulted by that is up to you, but that isn't my intention.

@"Stand The Wall.6987"

I'm actually pretty chill about this, lol. Had a quick talk about the skill after the match with the necro and decided it warranted a balance discussion. You seem quick to pull the "u mad card" and your inability to speak reasonably is kind of pathetic to be honest. Sorry it has to be that way.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I agree that projectile denial skills are strong. However, you posted a very poor example of gameplay as justification. In that clip, you wasted multiple attacks over a decent amount of time when you could have just stowed and waited for the CPC to end. Whether or not you feel insulted by that is up to you, but that isn't my intention.

I personally think that, because CPC is so hard to see, throwing many different skills into it is a great way of showing how long it lasts and how much it affects some classes. :)

And as I've already stated earlier, this isn't a thread about optimal gameplay. Try to stay on topic.

Hello everyone i'm the necro in the video.

Yes, corrosive poison cloud is very strong. 4 stacks of poison, weakness, and then also having projectile hate on a 20s cooldown is pretty friggin great. However, it does make a very tell-tale "hiss" when you attack into it. His argument was he couldn't hear it because he had music playing.

Its also been said that necro is notoriously bad at dealing with ranged attackers like ranger, condi thief.

It's a trade-off for not being terror. If you nerf CPC i'll just go terrormancer and kill people anyway. -shrug-

@bethekey.8314 said:@"Stand The Wall.6987"

I'm actually pretty chill about this, lol. Had a quick talk about the skill after the match with the necro and decided it warranted a balance discussion. You seem quick to pull the "u mad card" and your inability to speak reasonably is kind of pathetic to be honest. Sorry it has to be that way.

hahaha alright well played. you're still on zero brain power mode if you toss your entire nade kit cd into CPC without realizing the obvious.