Ascended Armor

@"Roche.7491" said:Planning to get the set. Is envoy experimental armor the fastest way to go?

Currently doing strikes, fracts and pvp but it’s slow.

Strikes is long and monotonousJust can farm 3 marks per seasonFracts is for trinks only. Never dropped armor

The wiki lists all the ways you can get ascended armour. The speed is dependant on your skill and preference. Personally i found crafting quickest, but others will find fractals quicker (you can buy with fractal tokens) or WvW.

There is no "fast" way, but ascended was always intended for fractals anyway and offers very little above exotic

@Roche.7491 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Mine came from mixed sources;
  • collections and achievements
  • crafting
  • wvw rank up drops
  • fractal drops (the higher the tier, the more likely)
  • A single boss drop - Triple Trouble

Seems like I’ll add triple trouble.

Tried raid. I hate it, to much curve. And i always got kicked

Don't rule out strikes. Yes it'll take a while, but you can use to it work on one part whilst working on other parts elsewhere. Ascended armour is a longer term goal anyway

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Roche.7491 said:Planning to get the set. Is envoy experimental armor the fastest way to go?

Strikes is long and monotonousJust can farm 3 marks per seasonFracts is for trinks only. Never dropped armor

The wiki lists all the ways you can get ascended armour. The speed is dependant on your skill and preference. Personally i found crafting quickest, but others will find fractals quicker (you can buy with fractal tokens) or WvW.

There is no "fast" way, but ascended was always intended for fractals anyway and offers very little above exotic

If you are buying from fractals crafting is still required to make the grandmaster marks

WvW you can avoid crafting but that is 10+ weeks per piece, 3 shards per week, 10 shards to make a mark, 3-4 marks per item

For strikes the worst case scenario would be 33 hours for the coat(assuming ~5 minutes per strike and 1 shard per run).

@Roche.7491 said:Will reserve a gear or two from strikes.

I’m farming fractals and boss. I hope I get a loot XD

The ascended drops from fractals are mainly from the daily chests not for doing the bosses.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Roche.7491 said:Planning to get the set. Is envoy experimental armor the fastest way to go?

If you are buying from fractals crafting is still required to make the grandmaster marks

WvW you can avoid crafting but that is 10+ weeks per piece, 3 shards per week, 10 shards to make a mark, 3-4 marks per item

For strikes the worst case scenario would be 33 hours for the coat(assuming ~5 minutes per strike and 1 shard per run).

@Roche.7491 said:Will reserve a gear or two from strikes.

I’m farming fractals and boss. I hope I get a loot XD

The ascended drops from fractals are mainly from the daily chests not for doing the bosses.

My bad. What I meant are daily fractal chest and daily world boss tequita chest.

@Roche.7491 said:

My bad. What I meant are daily fractal chest and daily world boss tequita chest.

And farming seasonal pvp for the 3 marks. Not wvw, it’s boring and long.

Crafting, I hate crafting in any games. It’s actually makes it not a game.

World bosses are a bad way to farm ascended armor. Drop rate is so low that it could take you more than a year to get a full armor set (and that's if you're lucky). Strike Missions, Fractals and Raids are still the best way to get ascended armor. Buy it from the currency you get from all 3, and in Fractals and Raids ascended armor/weapons drop a lot faster than with world bosses. Basically open world content is a bad way to get ascended gear, unless it's tied to achievements (and then it's only a 1-time reward).

And like mindcircus said, you are limiting your possibilities if you stay away from crafting. Right now you are counting on RNG to get your ascended armor. When you craft it, it's a guaranteed result. And then there's all the skins you won't be able to get if you don't do any crafting.

so you choose a most pedantic approach to keep yourself from the easiest reliable way to actually get the gear you want (crafting is pretty fast and easy once you have unlocked the levels which takes like 20 minutes (?) per discipline, there are even comprehensive guides for the cheapest way easily available)? That's ok.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

World bosses are a bad way to farm ascended armor. Drop rate is so low that it could take you more than a year to get a full armor set (and that's if you're lucky). Strike Missions, Fractals and Raids are still the best way to get ascended armor. Buy it from the currency you get from all 3, and in Fractals and Raids ascended armor/weapons drop a lot faster than with world bosses. Basically open world content is a bad way to get ascended gear, unless it's tied to achievements (and then it's only a 1-time reward).

And like mindcircus said, you are limiting your possibilities if you stay away from crafting. Right now you are counting on RNG to get your ascended armor. When you craft it, it's a guaranteed result. And then there's all the skins you won't be able to get if you don't do any crafting.

I think I'll just grind strikes & daily fracts until I complete it.

Aside from crafting, raids were the fastest for me. Not only do magnetite shards add up quickly but ascended pieces drop regularly as well.

Also crafting in this game is pretty easy ASIDE from scribe which is a ginormous grindy expensive tedious... Anyway use a guide. You can even buy the time-gated mats.

If attaining ascended and then quitting is your only reason for playing you picked a pretty easy to attain reason to quit. Ascended isn't an end game goal at all.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Woah I just got an ascended weapon hoard box just now. It’s currently my second run. It seems the rates are good. Skin is pretty awesome I must say.

I was expecting an armor though XD

@Etria.3642 said:Yeah my daughter got one her very first Tequatl. Hasn't gotten one since. My other daughter though, has three Sunless weapons and one regurgitated from triple trouble and she does them much less often.

It's rng.

Indeed ... or more accurately a sample size of one gives terrible accuracy.

I have gotten Invisible Shoes relatively early on. A Mystic Infusion pretty close when it was introduced even an ascended berserker box from airship cargo fairly early on. None of those events have repeated themselves and that is not from a lack of trying.