Charged Quartz Crystals

Kirin.7306

Because celestial armor is very OP in some builds. This helps balance that out by making it difficult and harder to create. If you have the gold to throw you can gamble with wintersday gifts. There is a small chance to get charged crystals that way that is how my boyfriend does his when he wants to craft wup wup on random whims. That is a veryyyyy expensive way to do it though since getting charged crystals is rare and random though.

Yup. It sucks. But we just have to deal with it. I've, so far, made every ley-line infused tool we've needed for our guild hall. Plus around a hundred or so I've donated to a couple of other guilds. And I've got almost 350 of the 450 I need for all of the remaining guild hall upgrades. With the limit of 12 quartz crystals (3 regular nodes plus the home instance node) you can mine per day (with the additional 10 from that rich node if you find a T4 Dry Top map), it has taken a looooooong time to get this far. (They've added a rich quartz node in Crystal Oasis, BTW). Maybe someday I'll be able to save up the 60 charged quartz crystals to make celestial armor for my ele. I figure I'll have that done sometime next year.

@xikira.3264 said:Because celestial armor is very OP in some builds. This helps balance that out by making it difficult and harder to create. If you have the gold to throw you can gamble with wintersday gifts. There is a small chance to get charged crystals that way that is how my boyfriend does his when he wants to craft wup wup on random whims. That is a veryyyyy expensive way to do it though since getting charged crystals is rare and random though.

i need them for guild upgrades 16x 5 charged for every inscription.I need them for PoF guild decorations 1 for eachI need them for armor..

its pretty expensive and also timegated. which is somewhat mehh these days now that we also need it for pof decorations.

For guilds, you can 'buy' charged crystals from folks (like myself) with a free slot, scribing mastery (if needed), and a stock of more charged quartz than we can ever use. It drops from mining ordinary quartz and it used to drop in bulk from various bags (e.g. older ToT or Wintersday Gifts).

For personal use, it's takes a month per set of armor. The first time I had to deal with it, that was annoying. Since then, I make sure to charge sufficient quantities so that I can make six exotic insignia and 4-5 exotic inscriptions, to convert ascended gear, should I decided to go Celestial. (There are also some ascended boxes that allow you to choose Celestial.)

Archived