PvP top50 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

PvP top50

niar.6728niar.6728 Member

Now that seasson ended , what classes/builds did firt 50 of the top played. I expect a bunch of condi revs

Answers

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

since top 50 are max 30 ppl (NA) playing their alts, I'd say herald, firebrand, holo, thieves and pets compose 90% of the classes there, and maybe necro

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Play a spam class or a run around the map class. Aka guard with fire or a thief. Proceed to make a alt account that you use for most of your play and to toss games.

Play for real on your main account at random off times vs mostly bots like at 2am.

• TeqkOneStylez.8047TeqkOneStylez.8047 Member ✭✭✭

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:
    Play a spam class or a run around the map class. Aka guard with fire or a thief. Proceed to make a alt account that you use for most of your play and to toss games.

Play for real on your main account at random off times vs mostly bots like at 2am.

I played 2 games at that time solo just to see the theory and it gave me the worst same duo pair twice lol.

• duster.7013duster.7013 Member ✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

Duoq power burst OR with sone lucky condi spammers mixed in.

• Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:
    since top 50 are max 30 ppl (NA) playing their alts, I'd say herald, firebrand, holo, thieves and pets compose 90% of the classes there, and maybe necro

Revenant, Thief, DPS Ele, Necro, Holo, in that order is how I interpret the top solo queue tier list. Aka, the speed in which a class when played by an 1800 player can wreck a 1400 player.

twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

• Caine.8543Caine.8543 Member ✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

I played only necro completely solo queue and landed rank 44 and 53. (myself and my alt)

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

Has anet ever released metrics of there data after a season? At this point in time there's nothing that anet can do to ever get me interested again as I have been in PvP. I just don't care for there lack of games modes and PvP development any more. 5v5 conquest can not get me to play this game. I'm completely done with it after 7 years.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

I am not omniscient obviously, but with 500 games played in P3/High P2 and several more seen on twitch streams while I was supposed to be working I should have a fairly good overview.

• @Falan.1839 said:
    I made a breakdown of EU Top 50. To make this a bit more meaningful I have added a "main" as in most played this season for some of the multiclassers
    as many of them kind of focussed on one char this season even though they have played in the past
    I obviously can't account for wintraders, so don't take it too seriously who is Top 1 and Who is Top 50 or whatever, but it shouldnt impact the general picture of classes used that much, as even the wintraders usually play "carry" classes for their non-rigged matches. When players had several accs in the Top 50 I marked all but one as alt.

1. Bazile - Thief
    2. Dostomatos - Guard/Multiclass
    3. Belzedar - Rev
    4. Feulyr - Multiclass [alt]
    5. Tiny Kitty - Nec
    6. Resource - Rev
    7. Motoko - Rev
    8. Renegade Metric - Multiclass
    9. Andreas - Ele/Guard/Rev
    10. Jesusonduty - Engi
    11. Masterofdisaster - Mes/Rev
    12. Firens - Thief [alt]
    13. God of Slayers - multiclass
    14. Gebranodant - Ranger/Multiclass
    15. Pomelanio - Multiclass
    16. TallBarr - Guard
    17. Sauron - Thief/Multiclass
    18. Heal of Midnight - Multiclass
    19. Okina - Engi
    20. Envergure - Ranger/Warr
    21. Nikola - Rev/Guard
    22. Vaans - Warr
    23. Solmat - Thief/Multiclass
    24. Aramis - Nec [alt?]
    25. Kachros - Ranger/Multiclass
    26. Zanned - Engi
    27. Thomastorm - Multiclass
    28. Albostan - Thief/Multiclass
    29. BigBabaDennis - Thief/Ranger/Rev [alt]
    30. Trekon - Rev
    31. Pride - Thief
    32. TalleFjanten - Guard [alt]
    33. Dome - Thief/Ranger/Rev
    34. Sukaya - Engi
    35. Kaitori - Thief
    36. Mois - Rev
    37. Hiokma - Multiclass [alt]
    38. Beast - Nec [alt]
    39. Sankuru - Thief/Rev
    40. Holl - Nec
    41. Mykhezzis - Rev
    42. Kida - Thief/Engi?
    43. BoosieBadazz - Engi
    44. Wevh - Ranger
    45. Twitch tv zananan - Engi [alt]
    46. Ilwynn - Rev?
    47. Captaine Fox - Ranger
    48. Nyuimpin - Thief
    49. Pouloulou - Rev
    50. Bella - Warr?

Half of those people don't really matter, though. 6 of those names are the same person just wintrading through multibox. As long as that doesn't change, you can't really say anything about the "top builds". And funnily enough it's none of the ones you labeled with alt.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020

Well if you have any information I don't possess you are free to enlighten me, but I think the class overview still gives solid information even if the players caught aren't necessarily the best in the game. But that will always be a thing in this kind of leaderboard with a lot of volatility and vulnerability to fraud. As I said I am obviously not going to throw wintrade accusations around here and mark some accs with "WT" tag even though I've definitely witnessed some dodgy matches and have a good idea who isn't legit.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wow! Warrior's doing awesome.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

1 mesmer 1 ele lol

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Revenant, Thief, DPS Ele, Necro, Holo, in that order is how I interpret the top solo queue tier list. Aka, the speed in which a class when played by an 1800 player can wreck a 1400 player.

ele in NA? I dont think there are more than 2 different eles top 50 in NA, there's grim with 2 acc i know and probably a 3rd acc, ans maybe another ele

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 said:
    1 mesmer 1 ele lol

Yeah their in the cool kids club along side warrior.

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:
    1 mesmer 1 ele lol

Yeah their in the cool kids club along side warrior.

Oh so it is ME who is in that club now?

• Koen.1327Koen.1327 Member ✭✭✭

@Quadox.7834 said:

S: rev thief
    A: engi guard ranger necro
    B: ele mes war
    i suppose

the 2 highest thieves on the list wintraded their spot, wouldn't really say its better than engi guard nec as for ranked

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

one thing - whit what class player start, and with what class player play :)
    for example many skilled player reg as thief, and relog as mesmer and etc ..
    Also don't forger about duo, and abour 3-5th player bump rank way. When in same time separately reg 3+ players, and in opposite team make this tem slack(don't afk, but play and give win to boosted player.)
    Aslo there is many other ways to break mmr rate ..
    So this top 50 is top 50 fake players ..

• as long as people die in Dragon's Maw in 2020, we will have a lot of trash in the ladder

• Roquen.5406Roquen.5406 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

I finished slightly above top 50 in NA. I solo queue and played the majority of the season as Druid. Got into the top 30’s a few days before the end of the season but lost 30 points, so I stopped. I’m sure pretty much any class can get into that range.

I find most of the season I get to one rating bracket then drop 300 rating then slowly grind it back, rinse and repeat. So, I imagine I’m not a great player because my rating is so volatile. Maybe I got lucky with matchmaking in the end or something, not sure.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Roquen.5406 said:
    I finished slightly above top 50 in NA. I solo queue and played the majority of the season as Druid. Got into the top 30’s a few days before the end of the season but lost 30 points, so I stopped. I’m sure pretty much any class can get into that range.

I find most of the season I get to one rating bracket then drop 300 rating then slowly grind it back, rinse and repeat. So, I imagine I’m not a great player because my rating is so volatile. Maybe I got lucky with matchmaking in the end or something, not sure.

it might be your spec, druid might be good with some classes but it might suck with others, so if you play spec that does 1 thing only you will have volatile matchmaking on top of usual pepega rng

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@Roquen.5406 said:

cool man. what druid build?

• Roquen.5406Roquen.5406 Member ✭✭✭

@mistsim.2748 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlFwCZNsOGKeSXrt6Sk+cA-z5AXGZWB9mCeMA

You can side node or support. Though you can get bursted down pretty quick if not careful. Mainly knocking people off node and rooting for decaps/caps. The double stealth also helps for getting off revives/helping your team disengage (blasting smoke cloud with CA 3) and then dropping out of CA when Revealed wears off your teammate(s).

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭

@lare.5129 said:
    for example many skilled player reg as thief, and relog as mesmer and etc ..

What ?

• TeqkOneStylez.8047TeqkOneStylez.8047 Member ✭✭✭

Started late and didn't really tryhard the season but got 52 as Warrior NA. How many more are there higher?

• aelska.4609aelska.4609 Member ✭✭✭

You interpret leaderboard classes wrong, only conclusion you can draw is that rev players are more likely to wintrade than war players. 🙃

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭

@Roquen.5406 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlFwCZNsOGKeSXrt6Sk+cA-z5AXGZWB9mCeMA

You can side node or support. Though you can get bursted down pretty quick if not careful. Mainly knocking people off node and rooting for decaps/caps. The double stealth also helps for getting off revives/helping your team disengage (blasting smoke cloud with CA 3) and then dropping out of CA when Revealed wears off your teammate(s).

Ah, Mender's yes. Ran into a couple of these. Yes, super vulnerable to getting cc'd and spiked.

edited May 22, 2020

@viquing.8254 said:
    What ?

log as due, on specific, class, to prevent same class in party. For example you what be sure - no more mesmers(or someone). So people reg as that class, wait, get invite, relog, may be one, may be both. But they can be sure that registered class is removed from them party. Class and strategy can be different. Main idea - be best.

• is it condi thief they are all running?

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:
    is it condi thief they are all running?

yes. This build is good till coming patch. 2 hours left.