WvW armors

Junkpile.7439

@"Honest John.4673" said:As someone who only played wvw for years I'm happy I can finally use all those mats I stored up in my bank guilds. The marks were the easiest part. Already finished light legendary and the marks for heavy.

Thats because you have years worth of stock piles. Crafting is tuned to the rate of material generation in open world PvE (and by extension TP trending), and neither PvP nor WvW generates raw materials at a rate to even come close to what demands are created by PvE's side of the economy. Via reward track we get roughly 1 mob drop every 12 minutes, which produces (on average) 3 pieces of raw material if you include salvage. For the sake of argument, lets assume thats 100% silk.... it takes 3 silk scraps to make a bolt, and 100 bolts to make "ONE" T7 silk weave. That would be 20 hours of WvW to make one of your "daily" limited crafting items without additional supplements. Realistically it takes around a week to make a daily craft due to the material spread, unless you're willing to go to the TP or leave WvW for a few hours to farm materials from more reliable sources.

And thats not the only place where WvW rewards are underwhelming (or down right insufficient) to keep pace with PvE's economy. Fractals can easily make anywhere from 10-15g for 40-60 minutes of effort on the dailies, and thats JUST the trash loot from encryptions. It also generates a respectable amount of gear drops (less then, but not too far behind crafting), most of which can be converted to desirable stats, or salvaged for crafting/collection materials of equal or higher value of the processing cost. WvW also has running costs which PvP does not (and even explicitly forbids), such as food, siege, gear sets for builds, which the standard reward sources will not do enough to compensate for, at the rate their consumed. This leaves the only competitive wealth generation in WvW to be zerg on zerg combat, which facilitates a tag rate that mimics PvE event metas. This is also you're single biggest source WxP, which in turn generates coin and rare drops via Rank chests. Roamers and Havoc groups can produce a slow, but steady gain in WxP by nature of what they do.... But short of a keep or SM capture, attrition is the only way WvW can compete with PvE wealth generation; but it can't sustain it 24/7 like Open world events can.

When you take all this into account, Primarily WvW can't meet the crafting requirements without the TP, unless they've had several months worth of passive stock piling. Even PvP GIVES players the grandmaster marks they need for Ascended armor via League chests, yet still expects them to take stupid amounts of time in mode to avoid crafting. Some eye ball math suggests that you'd get enough Asc shards for the legendary crafting by the time you got enough Master marks for the armor, via league chest rewards. Thats well into 700 games a season.... so its pretty safe to assume they aren't meant to avoid crafting for armor rewards either.

So unless you're avoiding the myriad gold/mat sinks that is PvE collections, its not reasonable to assume the grandmaster marks supplies are handed to you in reasonable amounts in any of the PvP modes. I've been doing both Diamond every week in WvW (takes about 18 hours across 3 days) and spending the rest of my free time farming PvE.... and in 3 weeks I only have enough mithril to craft 12 of the 20 Empowered Mithril Ingots. Given the fact that GM marks material cost is balanced against the typical gather rate of materials, the extra time off I took for Path of Fire's launch, and been PvE gathering like crazy in when I'm not in WvW (ie spent more hours in-game these last couple of weeks then I usually do in a month)...... and I STILL wouldn't have enough to keep up with daily crafting (and refinement) without the TP is rather telling.

An Easy fix would be is to add 3 items (red, blue, green) (below numbers are just examples)To craft each you need 1 times 250 wvw marks, 4 times 250 tickets and 4 times 100 memory of battle + 250 ecto's --> Mystic forge = 1 mark of your choice.some people will get it all fast other will still have to work on it but it gives everyone a chance at least.I rarely leave WvW and crafting is a pain and I think the above is more then fair. Granted that Pve Players have plenty of ways to get gear.Fractals drop it often, crafting, world bosses, ....

i cant even craft those grandmaster marks :disappointed: all those new rewards ANet added to WVW are 100% useless for me.... GG need crafting maxed.

the crafting system from 400 to 500... its a trap...

The RNG lord has listen to my prayers and i only lacking one peace to complete the ascended armor, from the WvW drops or lucky chests, next are the weapons, but that i think i can reach close to lvl 500 by crafting a few items that i actually will used (*)its a 1st timer since game release to craft something that actually will use and increase the crafting lvl LOOOL

@Aeolus.3615 said:i cant even craft those grandmaster marks :disappointed: all those new rewards ANet added to WVW are 100% useless for me.... GG need crafting maxed.

the crafting system from 400 to 500... its a trap...

The RNG lord has listen to my prayers and i only lacking one peace to complete the ascended armor, from the WvW drops or lucky chests, next are the weapons, but that i think i can reach close to lvl 500 by crafting a few items that i actually will used (*)its a 1st timer since game release to craft something that actually will use and increase the crafting lvl LOOOL

What mats do you need for crafting?

@Halbarz.3854 said:An Easy fix would be is to add 3 items (red, blue, green) (below numbers are just examples)To craft each you need 1 times 250 wvw marks, 4 times 250 tickets and 4 times 100 memory of battle + 250 ecto's --> Mystic forge = 1 mark of your choice.some people will get it all fast other will still have to work on it but it gives everyone a chance at least.I rarely leave WvW and crafting is a pain and I think the above is more then fair. Granted that Pve Players have plenty of ways to get gear.Fractals drop it often, crafting, world bosses, ....

I hoe this was a joke. Because in fact you suggest a longer, harder and more expansive way of crafting marks, only for the WvW players:

1. Using (skirmish) Tickets to craft a mark? You can only have ~ 360 per week. And you suggest to use 4 x 250 on a single mark? This means you can craft 1 mark every 3 weeks, by using all the tickets. You need 60 weeks of diamond track to craft your marks (one year and 2 months). After this, if you want the legendary, you will need another 22 weeks - almost 5 months. In one year and 6 (or 7) months you can have all the materials to craft 20 marks using the actual recipe even by playing WvW - how can this help?
  2. BUT - you suggest to use WvW marks (either the Proofs of Heroics or the Badges of Honor are currency - you can find them in your wallet). How can you put these in the Forge?
  3. 250 ectos? If you drop so many rare or exotic gear pieces and you salvage them in order to afford spending 250 ectos to a single mark, then you should have enough raw materials for the rest of the mark in the actual form. As a note - 20 marks needs 5 000 ectos. That means 20 stacks in your bank. I never, ever had more than 5 stacks of ectos, despite playing a lot of PvE and salvaging almost every rare piece of gear I capture.

In my humble opinion, compared with the "recipe" you suggested, the actual way of producing Marks is way cheaper. And faster. With 80 Gold you can have by selling the 250 ectos you can buy all the materials needed for any mark. If you sell only 4 stacks of ecto, you can raise your required crafting to 500 quite easy.

With this kind of suggestions, coming from the WvW community, no wonder why ANet designed the most painful, expensive and longer methods to acquire any thing for WvW.

@Cristalyan.5728, after looking more into it I have to say that your feedback is more then correct. :)Since I have a ranger, I worked my *ss off to get to 500, now that I want to upgrade my guardian I have too get armorsmith to 500??They should at least make it that you get an armor mark and a weapon mark that you can trade in for any armor type.

Even at 1 mark a day or x amount a day that you can make at the moment it would not change much. It would just help people out more.

@Halbarz.3854 said:@Cristalyan.5728, after looking more into it I have to say that your feedback is more then correct. :)Since I have a ranger, I worked my *ss off to get to 500, now that I want to upgrade my guardian I have too get armorsmith to 500??They should at least make it that you get an armor mark and a weapon mark that you can trade in for any armor type.

Even at 1 mark a day or x amount a day that you can make at the moment it would not change much. It would just help people out more.

But that would undermine their crafting system. Thy aren't likely to do that. Yes, you are mainly talking about WvW, but marks are used in different areas.

Having a different crafting specialty for each of the Armor weights makes sense.. though I agree, it's a pain.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Halbarz.3854 said:@Cristalyan.5728, after looking more into it I have to say that your feedback is more then correct. :)Since I have a ranger, I worked my *ss off to get to 500, now that I want to upgrade my guardian I have too get armorsmith to 500??They should at least make it that you get an armor mark and a weapon mark that you can trade in for any armor type.

But that would undermine their crafting system. Thy aren't likely to do that. Yes, you are mainly talking about WvW, but marks are used in different areas.

Having a different crafting specialty for each of the Armor weights makes sense.. though I agree, it's a pain.

Don't take me wrong I know it would undermine the games crafting system, but crafting and WvW don't go well together.If this is to big of a change at-least give it in the diamond chest in the tracker (1 per day) those that craft can get it faster.

@Halbarz.3854 said:

Don't take me wrong I know it would undermine the games crafting system, but crafting and WvW don't go well together.If this is to big of a change at-least give it in the diamond chest in the tracker (1 per day) those that craft can get it faster.

Hmmm. Maybe a chest with a choice of which mark: heavy, medium or light.

And maybe make it the tier 6 diamond repeatable chest so that there is a decent reward in the repeatable line, as currently, the repeatable has nothing of note.

@Junkpile.7439 said:What you can craft only one a day?

Yes it is time gated. I suppose if you have enough materials and friends that are maxed in a certain craft, you could supply them with materials and they could make some of the time gated materials you need that are not account bound.

@Malerian.8435 said:

Yes it is time gated. I suppose if you have enough materials and friends that are maxed in a certain craft, you could supply them with materials and they could make some of the time gated materials you need that are not account bound.

Or, with enough gold, buy the items to make the marks.

@Malerian.8435 said:

Oh you mean that those ascended daily crafts are time gated? Didn't even think about that because i have so much of those. :)

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@Malerian.8435 said:

Oh you mean that those ascended daily crafts are time gated? Didn't even think about that because i have so much of those. :)

To go along with all those ascended armor drops you get.

@jamesdolla.3954 said:earning the tickets is hard enough but then you gotta spend gold and mats making this stuff you might aswell just craft the ascended armor the good old fashion way.

Exactly, there is little to no value to the marks at the moment. Especially since you need 3-4 marks per item.

@Red Owl.5649 said:I think Anet should speed up a bit the reward tracks and add a repeatable ticket farm at the end of Diamond. All of the WvW reward system feel way too slow. :s

Adding marks to the reward tracker would be a good thing, even without speeding up the process.But the whole reward tracker is just Zzzzzz there is nothing in it that makes it even worth it. Which is why they have to add those marks to it.Even if it takes a while to get people would at-least be more invested. But I agree at the moment it feels extremely slow especially because there is nothing good to get with it.

@gebrechen.5643 said:The costs are high because Anet wants you to buy gems that you convert into gold you spend at the trading post.

They did add the marks to SPvP, adding them to WvW should not be an issue and have little to no impact to the GEM to Gold purchases.Besides there are plenty of other ways for them to get us to spend money.For example:

• Make gliding in WvW a item you can buy for 1000 gems, some people would buy it for sure as they don't own the expansion but love WvW.

Archived