Magebane Tether is insane!

SlitheSlivier.1908

how does a TRAIT that causes 11 sec of reveal, pulls the target if they get too far away, adds 10% damage, and continually applies might have only a 12 second recharge... and is only a trait? I feel like this is by far the strongest trait. It sure down every class trying to keep a distance and particularly thieves. I thought they were weakening traits to not be game changing by themselves.

So then you would agree that the Necro's Death Shroud skill, Tainted Shackles, should have its cooldown reduced from 30sec to more like 8-10sec since it works similarly but has way less utility and occupies a skill slot, right?

Also to help combat Magebane Tether while on any of my ranged toons like necro and ranger, i would need 3-4 stunbreaks since they typically have 30-45sec cooldown. That's a bit ridiculous.

Also think of it this way: for thieves it means they essentially can never stealth, which is equatable to a warrior having to fight without armor.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:So then you would agree that the Necro's Death Shroud skill, Tainted Shackles, should have its cooldown reduced from 30sec to more like 8-10sec since it works similarly but has way less utility and occupies a skill slot, right?

Also to help combat Magebane Tether while on any of my ranged toons like necro and ranger, i would need 3-4 stunbreaks since they typically have 30-45sec cooldown. That's a bit ridiculous.

Also think of it this way: for thieves it means they essentially can never stealth, which is equatable to a warrior having to fight without armor.

I dont get players like u, I'm sry. Necro shroud etc are absolutely nothing like magebane, how can the comparison even be made. Magebane revealing thief while tethered is a issue for u lmao? So a warrior isnt allowed to have a reveal skill to help counter invisibility? And ontop its tied to having to land a burst first lol. So poor thief cant go invisible if I gets caught by a predictable burst skill, it should freely just stealth with no counterplay accessible from the warrior? Wow I'm so glad I'm done, hope anet listens to these new players lol. No way this persons a vet.

Have you played spb?

After the recent patch even those once LEGENDARY spellbreaker players switch to other builds/professions. And much fewer people plays it based on my matches observation.

It is a SINGLE target tether. And even with those "might" the damage of spellbreaker is still underperforming in this patch.

1) You have to hit with a burst. Totally skill dependent on the Warrior's part and your part as their enemy. Dodge/blind/block/evade/move out of the way of the burst, and you just kneecapped several warrior traits.2) It is now 1 might stack per pulse and it is only a 10% damage modifier. There are plenty of bigger modifiers on other classes. This ain't the damage line for Warrior mate. Those are Strength, Arms, and Berserker.3) Pop stab, or learn to fight in melee range/take a melee set.

As a thief main: Magebane tether is fine. It's punishing, but 1) I should be punished for attacking into a full counter, 2) it rewards unpredictable/skilled play on a very telegraphed class, and 3) if I'm tethered and the warrior goes for the pull I can either just stay close to him (not hard as a thief) or wait for the pull then stunbreak the moment it starts, meaning I stay more or less where I was. Classes with stability should have even less problems: save your stab for if you get tethered, since CC no longer does high damage.

My main opinion as a thief and mesmer player is that Magebane Tether seems strong, which is good, because that's part of the spec's identity. If you water everything down, the game's just gonna be a drab slog for all involved.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:So then you would agree that the Necro's Death Shroud skill, Tainted Shackles, should have its cooldown reduced from 30sec to more like 8-10sec since it works similarly but has way less utility and occupies a skill slot, right?

So you agree that warrior's burst skills should give him a massive shield alongside a fresh weapon skillbar?It's a different class that does different things, calm down. This forum just keeps getting more and more insane. You guys basically want to devolve this game into checkers, because if one class does something that the other can't then IT'S SO BROKEN OMG NERF OR REMOVE ASAP PLS.

One class, one weapon set, no traits and one set of utility skills -feels like this is the only way to stop the tears. Clonewars or riot!

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

So you agree that warrior's burst skills should give him a massive shield alongside a fresh weapon skillbar?It's a different class that does different things, calm down. This forum just keeps getting more and more insane. You guys basically want to devolve this game into checkers, because if one class does something that the other can't then IT'S SO BROKEN OMG NERF OR REMOVE ASAP PLS.

One class, one weapon set, no traits and one set of utility set -feels like this is the only way to stop the tears.

New WvW event: No Traitlines! Everyone spawns naked and have to pick planks off of the ground to fight with. All profession mechanics locked. Lets see how people feel about it then huh?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

One class, one weapon set, no traits and one set of utility set -feels like this is the only way to stop the tears.

New WvW event: No Traitlines! Everyone spawns naked and have to pick planks off of the ground to fight with. All profession mechanics locked. Lets see how people feel about it then huh?

Finally, perfectly balanced. We did it, reddit gw2forum!

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:New WvW event: No Traitlines! Everyone spawns naked and have to pick planks off of the ground to fight with. All profession mechanics locked. Lets see how people feel about it then huh?

Finally, perfectly balanced. We did it,
reddit
gw2forum!

Imo you'd have to put every profession's health pool at the same level as well for this. Otherwise you'd have only necromancers and warriors.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:New WvW event: No Traitlines! Everyone spawns naked and have to pick planks off of the ground to fight with. All profession mechanics locked. Lets see how people feel about it then huh?

reddit
gw2forum!

Imo you'd have to put every profession's health pool at the same level as well for this. Otherwise you'd have only necromancers and warriors.

And no ranger pets allowed!

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

reddit
gw2forum!

And no ranger pets allowed!

Isn't this a profession mechanism that you already conveniently blocked?