Server with most OCX activity — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Server with most OCX activity

garngikel.9406garngikel.9406 Member ✭✭

Hey was wondering which server or which wvw tier has the most ocx player activity?

Comments

• Jabronee.9465Jabronee.9465 Member ✭✭

For NA might be TC Mag or SI. I hopped to EU recently due to lower ping. And there were a ton more players in WvW in my time. Try this: https://pingtestlive.com/guild-wars-2
    if you are OCX to check for lower ping servers

• @Jabronee.9465 said:
    For NA might be TC Mag or SI. I hopped to EU recently due to lower ping. And there were a ton more players in WvW in my time. Try this: https://pingtestlive.com/guild-wars-2

Thanks!

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

@kiwituatara.6053 said:
    OCX players need to spread out more. They're always complaining about having to ktrain with nobody to fight, but then they all go ahead and stack in the same server lol

How people judge fun after so long in game:
    Winning fights > Complaining about not having fights > Having equal fights > Bandvagoning (often to winning server) > getting shrekt

I mean they're entitled to winning nearly all fights after spending so long in the game? Right? :3

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, innovator
    Social Experiment [sX] leader
    Desolation+Alt
    Diamond Legend

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

@garngikel.9406 said:

@Jabronee.9465 said:

Thanks!

It's actually TC's link server SoR that provide us the numbers and SEA Tag later.

**Edit: They are fun group of players and a cheap transfer option if you looking to get linked to different servers on re-link.
    We always love having being linked with them past and present.

• @Threather.9354 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:
    OCX players need to spread out more. They're always complaining about having to ktrain with nobody to fight, but then they all go ahead and stack in the same server lol

Winning fights > Complaining about not having fights > Having equal fights > Bandvagoning (often to winning server) > getting shrekt

I mean they're entitled to winning nearly all fights after spending so long in the game? Right? :3

They need to lock server capacity to take only a certain amount from each timezone.

• @kiwituatara.6053 said:

@Threather.9354 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

They need to lock server capacity to take only a certain amount from each timezone.

Don't they already do that?

• @kiwituatara.6053 said:

Thats basically what it is happening most of the time though. I think ocx players are quite spread out. maybe too much? Because its always ktraining and ktraining and ktraining. And its getting tiring. Is there a way to find a wvw tier with high ocx activity? don't really care what servers are in it.

• grouchybhaal.4275grouchybhaal.4275 Member ✭✭✭

OCX times just avoid the three stacks, FA BG SoS, they have enough....

Mag, AR, BP, HoD, TC have decent ocx numbers and guilds to follow and join in, then followed by JQ SBI and DB have some ocx presence as they are primarily SEA based servers.

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@garngikel.9406 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

Thats basically what it is happening most of the time though. I think ocx players are quite spread out. maybe too much? Because its always ktraining and ktraining and ktraining. And its getting tiring. Is there a way to find a wvw tier with high ocx activity? don't really care what servers are in it.

Pretty sure like 80% of the OCX population is on SoS. They singlehandedly caused that server to stay in T1 for so long while they probably have a below average population during NA time.

• grouchybhaal.4275grouchybhaal.4275 Member ✭✭✭

@SWI.4127 said:

@garngikel.9406 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

Pretty sure like 80% of the OCX population is on SoS. They singlehandedly caused that server to stay in T1 for so long while they probably have a below average population during NA time.

That's what's wrong with that server. Too many just wanting that "auto attack easy win map queue mode hard carry"..

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm ocx player in EU. There's more population here. I recently joined a guild moved to Eu from Na.. been playing with them since everyday on my night time.

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

Oh I do hope we get linked, in nsp, with sea time playing servers. @[email protected] Or a guild of 25 active players transfer. They'd have a blast fighting 40 plus

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• @Talindra.4958 said:
    I'm ocx player in EU. There's more population here. I recently joined a guild moved to Eu from Na.. been playing with them since everyday on my night time.

I've actually been wondering what's it like being an OCX player in EU servers. What about ping though? Is that a big problem?

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

@garngikel.9406 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:

I've actually been wondering what's it like being an OCX player in EU servers. What about ping though? Is that a big problem?

Hi Garn to me it's OK since I am in EU since beta, so I'm used to playing at this ping. I mean I could completed all challenging content in game (pve/raids) with this ping (350 to 550 ping ave) and can still play wvw... Joining a full 50 squad can be tricky but playable. I recently joined a wvw guild that moved from NA to EU.. apparently they are using VPN to reduce the ping. :)

Death is Energy [DIE] & Bongbong [BB] in FoW
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Kayowin.9217Kayowin.9217 Member ✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

It's actually TC's link server SoR that provide us the numbers and SEA Tag later.

**Edit: They are fun group of players and a cheap transfer option if you looking to get linked to different servers on re-link.
    We always love having being linked with them past and present.

This ^^^^^

SoR is a fun link and we will miss them.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020

https://wvwstats.com/timezones

According to this, SoS is #1 for OCX on NA servers, while FS carries #1 in EU, and I believe the metric they use is activity.

• V Winter.5371V Winter.5371 Member ✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    https://wvwstats.com/timezones

According to this, SoS is #1 for OCX on NA servers, while FS carries #1 in EU, and I believe the metric they use is activity.

Those numbers are highly volatile. I've seen SoS drop to #9 when paired up against other strong ocx servers. This isn't to say that it's inaccurate (SoS was the original OCX server after all) but just that you should be using that data as a metric over time as opposed to a snapshot of a single week.

I can't speak for EU, but I know on NA the big three are BG, FA and SoS. Regardless of links and the current bandwagon, these severs will always have a relevant OCX pop. (Though on BG rn, our OCX/SEA comms are more interested in playing GTA V, haven't tagged up all week...).