Obligatory "Nerf dragon banner" Thread — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Obligatory "Nerf dragon banner" Thread

Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭

Every server is running 2-4 dragon banners per map now. It is just disgusting. Where are the long-awaited nerfs?

Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, innovator
Social Experiment [sX] leader
Desolation+Alt
Diamond Legend

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes give everyone sticks instead. How dare there be something scary.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

Everytime we raid when we kill the opposition they eventually pull out the dragon banner. And they ask why we don't attack chokes when they at the other side have 2 to 3 dragon banners ready..

Why dragon banner works? Because not all got situational awareness and try to tank the damage. Well good luck if your paper build and not a jalis rev or barrier scourge.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• CutesySylveon.8290CutesySylveon.8290 Member ✭✭✭

Banner controls fights too much. There's little reason for me to not just slot it in every tower and bring 3 to a blobfest and steamroll any hope of enemies winning. Turn them into actual support/utility tools, not have two be forgotten and one be CC and Press 5 to Win simulator.

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

Excuse the drunk game play, but that helps show how OP the thing is, even buzzed and not trying you can just about solo wipe a group in seconds.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dragon banners are one of the few anti blobbing tools in the game.
    Taste real AoE for a moment and remember the 5 player cap is a flaw in gw2's engine that won't be in the next game you play.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

Just stop letting them leave keeps towers. They weren't meant to be taking on the road and put in the hands of the 20 man guild that tends to survive even a wipe of most of their zerg by running off but hey we still got the banner

WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anti blobbing tool..... until it's in the hands of a boon blob....

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs - Thieves
    A skill overpowered? just nerf their dodge, balanced. - Anet
    There's no power creep you just don't recognize more people hitting you - Flat Earther

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

My characters were forged from the heat of 10,000 dragon banners.

My suggestion is to rework a skill on the turtle banner that will remove the fire tracks from the dragon's breath skill from the dragon banner. Then there would be some tactics involved when to use banner skills. Then maybe we will see half the amount of Dragon banners placed in keeps and towers because they will want turtle banners to counter other groups. I mean both banners are "tactics" right? Why not have a Yin and Yang...

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Kirnale.5914Kirnale.5914 Member ✭✭✭

You can reach 300k+ dps for a short time. Not my video.

It's the tool that kills pugs. :/

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

That and burn guardian.

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

That and burn guardian.

D:

Aye. Also Weaver's and anything with wide ae like scourges.

• One banner is fine, but 2-3 on a map Is OP.