Fractals: That Jellyfish Beast — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Fractals: That Jellyfish Beast

I know this is a minor gripe, but I really dislike the Aquatic Ruins Fractal. Specifically the boss fight. I know that you're supposed to lure the boss into the electrified cages, but this mechanic just doesn't work. It takes too long to pull the boss to any of the cages to make this strategy worthwhile, and usually by the time the boss gets there, the cage is no longer electrified and another is on the other side of the arena. So every group that does this fractal just uses DPS on the boss and ignores the electrified cage mechanic entirely.

Two minor changes could easily fix this. First of all, don't cycle the cage until the boss has hit one. Just keep the same cage electrified, and only after luring the boss into it, should a different cage activate. Secondly, make the boss chase a player more actively, and put an aggro marker on the player so we know who it is chasing. This would also make the boss a little more of a challenge. Right now it just spins a lot in place, not doing much of anything.

Optionally, the boss could even have a new phase where luring it into the electrified cages, is required to make it vulnerable. But this is provided that the cage mechanics overall are improved first.

Comments

• WE all really hate aquatic fractal
    Btw wow i even didnt know there was a mech for this boss
    Since i came to play fractal we always skipped the aquatic daily or we dpsed it do death lol

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020

The Jellyfish is now stationary after the changes in Aquatic Fractal. The boss will occasionally eat a player nearby in which affected player need to use Struggle to break free. The boss will be vulnerable(debuff) if successful, taking extra damage for a period. Do take note the boss can and will also eat nearby pets/minions instead of a player, not sure if its intended thus lose out a chance to inflict it with "vulnerable debuff".

• I have honestly no idea if the boss is meant to remain stationary now. But if it is intentional, there's not much to this fight. Just a long drawn out dps fest. I wish the fight was a bit better. Not a whole lot, but just a bit more to make it not boring. The Fractal itself is annoying enough as it is.

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's still the same HP sponge boss for many, hardly any group moves the boss before the change. Just with the new changes, players need to kill 1-2-3 channeling kraits at 75%, 50%, 25% respectively. Inflicting "Vulnerable debuff" does speed things up. Pros and cons for having pets/minnions up during the encounter.