When will warrior finally see a buff? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

When will warrior finally see a buff?

Crusartas.9502Crusartas.9502 Member ✭✭

Its very underperforming and discouraging to play. Almost turning my back to the game until something happens to warrior.
Its quite hard to win any 1v1 situation as spellbreaker atm.

Comments

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same time as mesmer buffs:
    Never.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

berserker definitely needs a buff, core and sb are ok, almost every other class is too strong

• The ranked season just ended, so I think there is a good chance we will see at least some balancing soon. Maybe there will be something there for warrior too

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

Putting the damage back on hammer skills is what I want to see most.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warrior needs it's hard cc to do some damage again. Its skill designs and bursts etc were clearly designed with the idea of its cc doing damage, that or its non cc skills need a dps boost. Losing damage on cc's is imo the leading factor of why warrior feels underperforming to most that play it.

• Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭

Never!!!!!

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:
    All melee ranged cc's should have kept dmg. Period.

Including leaps that will put you in risks range.

This^

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

Keep the no damage on cc. The point of the class is to land burst skills and the class is designed to hit them after CC. More damage on a telegraphed skill is closer to the class identity than spread out damage. So why are ranger pet autos hitting harder than arcing slice?

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

I played a warrior once, went directly onto gold 3 ranked spvp, used random traits, random skills, random weapons, pressed all the buttons, killed a ranger, killed a thief (2 times) , and some others, post nerf all classes play like kitten, power guardian is dead in the water, why should warrior be the one to get buffs?

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@avey.4201 said:
    I played a warrior once, went directly onto gold 3 ranked spvp, used random traits, random skills, random weapons, pressed all the buttons, killed a ranger, killed a thief (2 times) , and some others, post nerf all classes play like kitten, power guardian is dead in the water, why should warrior be the one to get buffs?

The fact that u compare guard to war lmao fb is 10x in a better spot than any war spec, good try tho.

firebrand is a support spec.
    you know why every firebrand you see is condi? power sucks
    firebrand offers far too much support for the amount of condi it has, and should be nerfed to require a choice between support/damage
    roll a power guardian and see how far you get with any spec
    either we all need buffed, or condi's/sustain need's nerfed
    guardian plays like kitten, we're not all firebrands
    warrior elite banner beats every elite on every guardian spec
    warrior heal on incoming damage beats every heal on every guardian spec
    warrior down state skill 3 beats the kitten out of a symbol

edited May 23, 2020

@avey.4201 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@avey.4201 said:

The fact that u compare guard to war lmao fb is 10x in a better spot than any war spec, good try tho.

firebrand is a support spec.
    you know why every firebrand you see is condi? power sucks
    firebrand offers far too much support for the amount of condi it has, and should be nerfed to require a choice between support/damage
    roll a power guardian and see how far you get with any spec
    either we all need buffed, or condi's/sustain need's nerfed
    guardian plays like kitten, we're not all firebrands
    warrior elite banner beats every elite on every guardian spec
    warrior heal on incoming damage beats every heal on every guardian spec
    warrior down state skill 3 beats the kitten out of a symbol

And? Condis are overperforming right now a fb can out burst and have 10x sustain of a wareior and is broken and meta in every mode so.....no war spec comes close.

• JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭

sighh......

Warrior....unlike popular belief actually takes skill and awareness to play! Shocking right? From personal experience, berserker, specifically condition berserker is an outlier that underperforms compared to core or SB. Let's not forget the change to the spec a few months back, the sustainability, including stability was gutted and so it became very prone to CC and damage. Berserker activation can actually get interrupted, which pretty much kneecaps berserker warrior. Power berserker fairs a little better simply because of the extraordinary damage that it deals, you just need enough skill to land something like Arcing Slice, Decapitate or Gunflame for the build to be effective.

Source: 5 years of experience

• Multicolorhipster.9751Multicolorhipster.9751 Member ✭✭✭✭

These are probably meme threads, but...

All I see are people saying Warrior is dead because of the lack of sustain and Damage. Damage, damage, damage.

Modern Warrior is not meant to do damage. Just build maximum for maximum tank and CC and wait for the angry whispers to roll in.
    Love is the way. Namaste.

Remove or Split DuoQ, revolution of our time! 😷

• JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:
    These are probably meme threads, but...

All I see are people saying Warrior is dead because of the lack of sustain and Damage. Damage, damage, damage.

Modern Warrior is not meant to do damage. Just build maximum for maximum tank and CC and wait for the angry whispers to roll in.
    Love is the way. Namaste.

Precisely. If you want a bonafied damage dealer, go with something like elementalist. Warrior has good damage, but not great damage. It's generally better to make use of the native defensive stats that warrior has in some way. Other classes don't have the luxury of 19k HP with no vitality.

• skillze.7689skillze.7689 Member ✭✭✭

Funny to see all the warriors crying about no damage when the class was straight up busted to start with anyway, lost all damage on cc like thief did back when P.I was actually useable. How about you adapt to the class like all the thieves and mesmer's of this game had to!!!!!

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@skillze.7689 said:
    Funny to see all the warriors crying about no damage when the class was straight up busted to start with anyway, lost all damage on cc like thief did back when P.I was actually useable. How about you adapt to the class like all the thieves and mesmer's of this game had to!!!!!

how about we make every class adopt, instead of having 2-3 garbage ones and others running at god mode levels telling others to " adopt ", "l2p","change the build"

edited May 23, 2020

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    how about we make every class adopt, instead of having 2-3 garbage ones and others running at god mode levels telling others to " adopt ", "l2p",

+1

"change the build"

This helps a lot actually, everyone just wants their old meta builds to be usable again. Warrior is bad with a lot of builds but some others like elementalist and mesmer have good theorycrafts.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@skillze.7689 said:

how about we make every class adopt, instead of having 2-3 garbage ones and others running at god mode levels telling others to " adopt ", "l2p","change the build"

This^ it's easy right now if ur rev, necro, holo,ranger or guard main to tell everyone to get gud while u run around on ur now broken builds squaking about how other players were to used to theres being broken prepatch.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tayga.3192 people changed what they needed to change already, im still testing couple of different builds but its mostly done deal.
    I have a build specifically made for condi thiefs for example, but I cant make build that specifically counters everything, nothing I can do to make birds not take 1/4 of my HP, some issues are just other classes being broken and not build issues, sure in theory I can get protection and toughness amulet but now instead of 1/4HP I lose 1/5, and deal 0 damage in return.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:
    @Tayga.3192 people changed what they needed to change already, im still testing couple of different builds but its mostly done deal.
    I have a build specifically made for condi thiefs for example, but I cant make build that specifically counters everything, nothing I can do to make birds not take 1/4 of my HP, some issues are just other classes being broken and not build issues, sure in theory I can get protection and toughness amulet but now instead of 1/4HP I lose 1/5, and deal 0 damage in return.

Birds are totally another issue tbh

• Makaveli.7342Makaveli.7342 Member ✭✭

I enjoy the pvp part about this game but I also think warrior is not fun and gets rekt 1v1 a lot, what do most warriors play as? or what build do you guys use that is decent ? I really enjoy the pvp so would like some input if anyone has any

• Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭

@skillze.7689 said:

unable to do so, I've gotten like 3 plat 2 in a roll since i came back to the game, playing thief. and also play war and rev
    why thief can always be meta no matter how many nerfs and all you crying in the forum, is teleport and mobility.
    right now you can say warrior does noodle damage and doesnt sustain much,

but with a single teleport added to a warrior, warrior will be sustaining 2x, because you don't need to walk into all the damage, just you blink and do damage directly to your target and start kitting right away. and you will be able to consistently landing your damage thanks to blink so noodle damage suddenly becomes decent damage.
    same goes for power rev, power rev is solely depending on teleport burst to sustain and landing damage, their own sustain isnt greater then warrior nor damage is that much higher, but it can consistently land burst damage while being able to kit right away.

with high mobility, you can completely ignore a losing fight because your class is inferior and instantly get to another, and teleport burst to plus.
    unable to do so on the warrior, the enemy will just follow the warrior, and unable to burst because there's this adrenaline system also huge telegraphed skill with no teleport to help land, easily avoidable.

that's why some classes can still be played or even be meta after unjust nerfs while others become completely irrelevant.

• HAsAsIN.6724HAsAsIN.6724 Member ✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

Using healskill and getting 25 might after that with boon uptime extender is not enough? You can facetank 11111 with that w/ gs and pwn everyone.

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭✭

Warriors were the kings of 3 in 1 skills before the patch (looking at you old bullcharge + F1 combo under quickness) with near every skills who did hudge damage + his base purpose. So logically it's the most impacted when they want to reduce the number of purpose on skills.

On a side note, I met a healing warrior SB recently in plat 2 just before season end.
    Dunno how did he build this but he spread large amount of heal to his team and has good sustain and CC assist.
    Mean the old "3 clics, you die" warrior is dead but it's probable some new things will appear like with offensive signet mes.