I think a lot of people don't even know what that is, so I will explain:
Farmka = Farming Karkas in Southsun Cove, and that is for karka shells, vials of powerful blood, ancient bones, and some other trivial stuff (Powerful Venom Sac, unidentified gear, passifloras)
So, below you will find my reasons of running farmka:
1) Money- Not really the most efficient way in the game, but with a squad of 10-15 ppl you can get to 12G/h, provided you sell everything.
2) Crafting/Leggy crafting- This is obvious, just keep what you need for crafting and sell all the others for "reason 1".
3) Anyone can join- ..and I mean anyone! You don't have to own a DLC/Expansion or know some meta, you can be experienced or not and you don't even have to own a mount (I remember the times when I had no mount and do RIBA chestfarm, and my legs still hurt), you just need to keep a little bit up and just hit once the targeted karka.
4) Requires less people- As I said above, with 15 people you get it running really smoothly, imagine what happens with 30
5)Time- You can farmka at anytime and for as much time you want. No need to keep an eye on event timers. No need to wait for long events to complete as to get a reward. You can just join for 30', get your 6G and go...
6)Casual/Fun-Well, since you don't have to run all the way around, following a commander and rotating your skills to kill bosses, you can just participate in the fight with 1-skills, and, if you're chatty / communicative, you can socialize (for instance, I like travelling, so in every run I do, I participate in conversations regarding geography/cultures/etc) and even make friends (I got to make a few ones)
7)Mindless- You don't need to think about builds, equipment, strategies, metas, quests, and I don't know of what else - it's plain hit'n'run. For a month that I had a second screen, my attention was more on the 2nd one...discord, FB, youtube, netflix, etc
On the other hand (and because I see it coming from some people) I give you some things you might don't enjoy:
a) Mindless- Also a con for some people who like to engage in nice content or challenging encounters. My opinion on that is that it's farming: I expect it to be like this after 100 hours of doing it...
b)Not the most efficient- ...as I said in (1), so if you are a power-moneyhunter and your eyes show the dollar sign, then yes, farmka may not be that indulging...Also, it depends strongly on the shell price on the market, so this kind of farming has its downs (but also its ups ).
c)Not really known to people yet-... so some times it might take more time to assemble a squad/party of 10 ppl. Personally, as a renowned Karkammander (:P) take no more than 10 minutes, but I get the difficulty level, and thats why I am making this post!
That's all I could think of at the moment, but with your feedback I may add some extra stuff!
"Farmka is life!"
- Thorn "the Norn" Gustafson, Karkammander
PS: This post is dedicated to all the usual suspects who join my squad and make me laugh and have such a good time! You know who you are...