3v3 Mini-Season Update - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

3v3 Mini-Season Update

2

Comments

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Duo que was and advantage over solo que so 3 dudes most likely necro gaurd rev combo who are in discord and always play together vs 3 solo que guys of any class are going to win every single time.

    yes and no :) they going win every single time till moment then thay meet same friendly and exp team. And, that to mmr rating, they will play with same 3th teams, and solo exp exp players .. And this is great.

    So yeah you won 3 1 v 1.

    not me, but if someone can - why not ? and this is great too.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tharan.9085 said:
    you do realize condi thief will be nerfed and not buffed?

    don't think so. Thay say "changes" ..It is already useless class, without any accept in squad. Ofc Anet can make unpredictable fun changes, but I am already play condi thief and know hot it is today, and how I see it they want buff it.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Duo que was and advantage over solo que so 3 dudes most likely necro gaurd rev combo who are in discord and always play together vs 3 solo que guys of any class are going to win every single time.

    yes and no :) they going win every single time till moment then thay meet same friendly and exp team. And, that to mmr rating, they will play with same 3th teams, and solo exp exp players .. And this is great.

    So yeah you won 3 1 v 1.

    and this is great too.

    No dude. not 3 solo's. If/ those 3 premade run into another 3 premade more skilled then yes. Just go back to 2v2. Top was undefeated and 2nd was 1 loss due to d/c supposedly. I know you like to argue and you think you are skilled because being invisible takes skill.

    WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    those 3 premade run into another 3 premade more skilled then yes.

    don't see problem. We have team who wins, and losers. Winners play whit winners , and someone will lose, losers whit losers, and someone will win, and not matter they join same class, combo, 3 necro .. People call this mmr system.

    Just go back to 2v2. Top was undefeated and 2nd was 1 loss due to d/c supposedly. I know you like to argue and you think you are skilled because being invisible takes skill.

    I am also not see problem if someone win 100%. Why not? All that we can do ask additional account bound gift(like legendary T2 weapon item) for winners.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    those 3 premade run into another 3 premade more skilled then yes.

    don't see problem. We have team who wins, and losers. Winners play whit winners , and someone will lose, losers whit losers, and someone will win, and not matter they join same class, combo, 3 necro .. People call this mmr system.

    Just go back to 2v2. Top was undefeated and 2nd was 1 loss due to d/c supposedly. I know you like to argue and you think you are skilled because being invisible takes skill.

    I am also not see problem if someone win 100%. Why not? All that we can do ask additional account bound gift(like legendary T2 weapon item) for winners.

    Lol. but the mmr extends after a few minutes so these 1800 go vs 1500 in duo and now if you can three q what you think happens?
    Lets say 1 and 2, 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 are all duos.
    Now they can 3 q so 1 and 2 grabs 6 and 3 and 4 grabs 5 and they make a deal not to q same time.
    Now thier 3 q almost always get longer ques and get matches vs players way below their rank so the mmr doesn't work
    So the solo q players get wrecked. I mean if they can 3 que i won't even bother
    If it's duo max so most matches are a duo and a solo vs a duo and a solo then I will.
    If you see no problems in this system then I can't talk to you no more. gl

    WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tharan.9085 said:

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Tharan.9085 said:
    you do realize condi thief will be nerfed and not buffed?

    don't think so. Thay say "changes" ..It is already useless class, without any accept in squad. Ofc Anet can make unpredictable fun changes, but I am already play condi thief and know hot it is today, and how I see it they want buff it.

    It has been confirmed that it gets nerfed because it's clearly overperforming, just bc you're bad at the game doesnt mean a build is bad

    to be fair he plays d/d not p/d, so hold on with them insults chief

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Lol. but the mmr extends after a few minutes so these 1800 go vs 1500 in duo and now if you can three q what you think happens?

    I hope strongest team will win. Why not ???

    so the mmr doesn't work

    if someone will lose more, and someone will win more - this is not mean that mmr not works.

    So the solo q players get wrecked.

    this is mmo game ? they know that thay wrecked anyway they choose paly solo in mmo project.

    I mean if they can 3 que i won't even bother

    Why we should give easy wind for player who don't want communicate in mmo project ? Sometime win should be impossible, and this is cool!

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

    @Tharan.9085 said:
    It has been confirmed that it gets nerfed because it's clearly overperforming, just bc you're bad at the game doesnt mean a build is bad

    nerfed ? ..... magic
    not good news.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Lol. but the mmr extends after a few minutes so these 1800 go vs 1500 in duo and now if you can three q what you think happens?

    I hope strongest team will win. Why not ???

    so the mmr doesn't work

    if someone will lose more, and someone will win more - this is not mean that mmr not works.

    So the solo q players get wrecked.

    this is mmo game ? they know that thay wrecked anyway they choose paly solo in mmo project.

    I mean if they can 3 que i won't even bother

    Why we should give easy wind for player who don't want communicate in mmo project ? Sometime win should be impossible, and this is cool!

    Yeah the 3 1800 will win vs the 3 1500 every time but why should 3 1500 play 3 1800 at any point if the system works

    The mmr system doesn't work because you aren't always player equal rating

    Because not everyone has 2 frands always on everytime they want to pvp yet shouldn't be left out

    Not asking for easy wins just a fair chance of 3 solos vs 3 solos of close rating or 1 duo and a solo vs 1 duo and a solo not 3 solos vs a threemade

    WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

  • 2 weeks sounds way too short amount of time for these mini seasons. Off season is the worst if the only thing you can play is unranked conguest. If you want to have a 1 week offseason without any ranked then could you add the incoming gamemode of the miniseason to be unranked for the first week. Then people can chill out because there is no ranked immidietly but at least others can play 2v2s, 3v3s or what ever the mini season brings instantly after conguest season.

    I would love to see 2v2 or 3v3 to be added in unranked permanently like stronghold.

    I have been very happy with the last mini season. Keep up the great work.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    Yeah the 3 1800 will win vs the 3 1500 every time but why should 3 1500 play 3 1800 at any point if the system works

    becasue someone should lose. All can't win always.

    The mmr system doesn't work because you aren't always player equal rating

    people should not play same rating. Losers should lose more otfen. It is ok.

    Because not everyone has 2 friends always on

    not have friend list - welcome to losers. Why it should be wrong ?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

    ok, done with you when you cut out parts of sentences so you can insult

    WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

  • TeqkOneStylez.8047TeqkOneStylez.8047 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    ok, done with you when you cut out parts of sentences so you can insult

    You're gonna surrender to bronze division grammar?

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭

    @TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

    @Jilora.9524 said:
    ok, done with you when you cut out parts of sentences so you can insult

    You're gonna surrender to bronze division grammar?

    lol no but at first I thought maybe English was his 2nd language but after the latest comments the more trollish it seems so I cut my losses

    WvW bandwagoners have small D's and never left their house even before Covid19

  • Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @mistsim.2748 said:
    Everyone is tired of Conquest.

    This is a lie.
    I, for one, chose unranked Conquest over the 2vs2 mini-season, because it's more fun to me.
    I doubt I'm the only one enjoying Conquest.

    There is a reason I quit conq of any kind including ranked after season 6. It's a boring mode where speed is required more then skill. A pvp match is about how well you fight not how well you can stand on a circle.

    Circlequest should have been removed years ago and replaced with tdm. Tdm with the 2v2 season actually showed people's skill in the game (minus all the copy paste fb and core necro combo noobs.). After the first week and a second balance paych 2v2 wells the best thing they had in years.

    Since season 6 I've just played stronghold and no ranked. In 2v2 ranks I got to the top 100 :).

    Conq = no skill needed just speed

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think there are 2 kind of players: One type that likes strategy, interesting game modes where map awareness, etc. is needed.
    And the other type ... that prefers death match. ;)

  • TeqkOneStylez.8047TeqkOneStylez.8047 Member ✭✭✭

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    I think there are 2 kind of players: One type that likes strategy, interesting game modes where map awareness, etc. is needed.
    And the other type ... that prefers death match. ;)

    What interesting game modes you talking about? Vegas Quest , Pug Lotto, and Glicko of Fortune?

  • Happy Yes.1453Happy Yes.1453 Member ✭✭✭

    Yea stronghold is where the really skilled players are at

  • Starbreaker.6507Starbreaker.6507 Member ✭✭✭

    @TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    I think there are 2 kind of players: One type that likes strategy, interesting game modes where map awareness, etc. is needed.
    And the other type ... that prefers death match. ;)

    What interesting game modes you talking about? Vegas Quest , Pug Lotto, and Glicko of Fortune?

    Glicko of Fortune - where the payout is worse than penny slots

  • Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    I think there are 2 kind of players: One type that likes strategy, interesting game modes where map awareness, etc. is needed.
    And the other type ... that prefers death match. ;)

    Hahahaha got that mixed up bucko. 2v2 is where skill is required any tdm requires skill and strategy. With circlequest. Stand on circle and get aoe bombed, die then go to the next circle. Yawwwwnnnnn

  • Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @rng.1024 said:

    @Revolution.5409 said:
    It will be nice to see FB + Necro + Rev all together on the same team. xD

    You forget triple condi thief :#

    1x pd condi thief
    1x stance share one wolf pack soulbeast
    1x mirage for broken infinite horizon ambush damage

    Well, the Thieves Guild and the Pet and the Clones soaking up all those buffs, will be absolutely broken AI burst.

    And A LOT of targets on the screen to soak cleave limits, which is unintended damage mitigation.

    Wouldn't renegade ulti be better than OWP?

  • aymnad.9023aymnad.9023 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

    Thank you for having a week without an active (mini) seasons and the news. Even if it looks like nothing to some players, I really appreciate because it allows to take a break and is the main period where I am interested in trying other professions and builds. (stress free :) )

  • JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

    I like this 3v3 idea! Still, I wonder if you all will keep catering to the 1 % of the community who's still obsessed with conquest and just take a risk and gives us a full tdm season, whether 2v2 or 3v3. Something fresh!

    And also, when are you all going to blow up this matchmaking system? I'm sorry but it is atrocious. I take a break from ranked for a couple of years because of the then sorry state of pvp only to be placed in silver?....Even though I played for years and consistently and historically placed in gold2- gold3....I'm sorry but that's propostrous. I have to grind matches just to get to the point where I previously was, just because the system "thinks" I belong there? Yeah...no...that is not a good system. I don't care who tells me otherwise.

    Yeah, I don't believe in the ideology of "skill-based matchmaking". I have to constantly grind matches and not take breaks just to maintain rank? Yeah...no...

  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

    My personal opinion is that 2 weeks will be way to short and should be extended to 3 weeks.

    I do agree that 4 weeks of a mini-season is too long. However, this is the most content PvP has ever gotten and will be extremely popular.

    Even Veteran players that previously left the game over the last 8 years started to return when the expansion annoucement happened.

    I was telling all my hardcore WvW guild mates to try PvP again this mini-season and you guys are gonna deliver. Thank you.

    Now please consider extending the 3vs3 mini season one additional week instead of only 2 weeks. Allowing a meta to develop won’t happen in just 2 weeks.

  • Fearless.3569Fearless.3569 Member ✭✭✭

    kitten I want to try it out. But ESO is releasing Greymoor Tuesday. Darn ANet why couldn't it be this week. Sad Panda I am.

  • JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭

    @youle.5824 said:

    @JTGuevara.9018 said:
    I like this 3v3 idea! Still, I wonder if you all will keep catering to the 1 % of the community who's still obsessed with conquest and just take a risk and gives us a full tdm season, whether 2v2 or 3v3. Something fresh!

    And also, when are you all going to blow up this matchmaking system? I'm sorry but it is atrocious. I take a break from ranked for a couple of years because of the then sorry state of pvp only to be placed in silver?....Even though I played for years and consistently and historically placed in gold2- gold3....I'm sorry but that's propostrous. I have to grind matches just to get to the point where I previously was, just because the system "thinks" I belong there? Yeah...no...that is not a good system. I don't care who tells me otherwise.

    Yeah, I don't believe in the ideology of "skill-based matchmaking". I have to constantly grind matches and not take breaks just to maintain rank? Yeah...no...

    Spoken like a true casual... you just took a break for a couple years of ranked and expect the same ranking lol..

    Yeah...I do. It's called experience. If that makes me a "casual"(whatever that means) then so be it. Then again...I've been playing for 8 years, so how "casual" do you get?

    Speaking of which, I see that my previous post touched a nerve.

  • Nice. But why you dont add 2vs2 and 3vs3 or XvX (if in the future we have 10 vs 10) permanently in unranker? (or ranked to change a little to only play conquest)

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

    @camboyano.9675 said:
    10 vs 10

    Such matches would be nothing short of abominations.
    It already takes 5+ minutes on average to match 10 players ranging from Plat to silver 1 against each other.
    If the game would need to match 20 players, it'd match an even wider skill gap against each other.

    Having to deal with Platinum players as a Gold 1/Silver 3 pendulum already is atrocious.
    I certainly don't want legends and Bronze players in my matches.

    And if you hard cap the skill difference, the queue time would rise so high that hardly anyone would even bother queueing up.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    10 vs. 10 would need a good map with great objectives. We only can have the team deathmatch now because it is smaller scaled.
    If you want big combats without objectives go WvW and zerg fight1 a bit away from the keeps, towers, etc. :D

    What I meant with my comment (I see some people quoted me already) about "strategy" is the thing about "pure combat" vs. "map objectives" and we seem to have 2 types of players here.

    I know some people want their "pure combat". And to me it is boring. I could just play any other MMORPG or game that focuses on skill only. (My favorite pure combat/death match games are actually shooter games.)

    The additional map objectives make it interesting because you have to be at different locations. Because you can be bad at combat but help the team a low with map awareness. [A lot in conquest seem to totally ignore the map ... they run past an enemy that runs to their own unguarded objectives to go cap another objective. Stuff like that.]

    From what I have heard the old GW1 player also liked some "maps" introduced with GW1:Factoins - that had additional mechanics. Not only deathmatch. (And those maps seemed to have gotten more praise than the only deathmatch ones.)

    So it isn't really a bad thing. it is the lack of additional maps ... bigger sized (like 10 vs. 10) maps and game modes ... and the maps where secondary mechanics aren't interesting enough. Where you could just ignore tham and cap only points. (Of c ourse then the conquest is getting borign.)


    3 vs. 3 seems interesting for me. And the conquest maps where the secondary mechancis has a huge impact. Other maps and 2 vs. 2 are boring. (2 vs. 2 if one guy gets downed it is boring .. .the 3 vs. 3 will allow for more intertesting things to happen ... ike 1 guy rezzing other guy alive trying to "defend".)

  • You want feedback?

    My feedback was the 2v2 season was one of the most fun thing you guys ever added.
    Please don't reduce the time these are active for.

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    So they caved to the vocal minority again.....

  • Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭

    If it's deathmatch, remove downed state from it. This isn't conquest. Downed = death.

    Bring back Ceara

  • Exci.6724Exci.6724 Member
    edited May 23, 2020

    @mistsim.2748 said:
    Can you guys focus more on 3v3's, and move away from 5v5 formats? Everyone is tired of Conquest. Just consider having a new (permanent) game mode.

    Are you saying they should move to deathmatches instead of Conquest? You realize then it would be 100% reliant on profession balance. No roamers, no clutch decaps, no strategy (unless you count WoW's pillar humping as strategy), nothing - you wouldn't be able to outsmart people the same way you can now. I'm not sure why anyone would want that, especially given the current balance.

    @lare.5129 said:
    there is no any point to do this. We have very good mmr system.

    We do? I came back a few weeks ago after a few years, played in gold and in all matches there were people that totally dominated but also others that had me thinking "what the hell was that guy doing??" (on both teams, I'm not whining about my team..). Complete night and day, which made it impossible for me to figure out at which rank I belonged to.

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    So they caved to the vocal minority again.....

    How?

  • Poledra Val.1490Poledra Val.1490 Member ✭✭✭

    This is how 3v3 will turn out for most people I find.

    The first week will be fun to try out builds etc then only 2-3 builds will be utterly dominating the season and after a week most people will likely find it pretty dull. Especially from what i understand of it its only going to be played in Courtyard? So thats 1 map for 2 weeks.

    Well its a nice little bonus thing to have during off season but to be blunt nothing beats conquest its the bread and butter of pvp.

  • JTGuevara.9018JTGuevara.9018 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    So they caved to the vocal minority again.....

    How?

    I think Highlie means that ANet couldn't get the community to stop suckling the breast of conquest 5v5.

  • Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭

    But what about the balance update?

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    You want feedback?

    My feedback was the 2v2 season was one of the most fun thing you guys ever added.
    Please don't reduce the time these are active for.

    ^ Agree

  • memausz.7264memausz.7264 Member ✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @memausz.7264 said:
    Can you please ban class stacking?

    there is no any point to do this. We have very good mmr system. So there is no any needed to block progress for some friends group who want play whit same class. This is not tournament. .(also I am sure that on tournament we also should accept any class setup, but this is another and long talk)
    But on auto-matchmaking make some class split as always is good idea. And I am sure it is already done.

    There's actually a lot of point to do this. Class stacking in smaller queues causes a genuine balance issue because some classes are just too strong in deathmatch 2v2 and 3v3 type scenarios. Double heralds, for instance. And recently, double condi renegades, double rangers, and for the longest time, double guards (burns, symbols). This isn't new, the competitive community has pretty much called for this for a while.

  • There should be some balance patch before that 3v3 season. It will be very unbalanced. Class stacking should be forbiden(OMG triple renegades or 3 necros or 3 w/e). Also premades/duo/trio should be forbiden too(in soloQ), or just set like if premade happens on one side, there have to be on other side as well. There should be different game modes in same time: soloQ for 3v3, duoQ/trioQ for 3v3, 5v5 conquest, 2v2s etc Having just one game mode just because window panel for PvP is old and do not have more buttons is bad. Add more buttons and more game modes in real time. Balance classes depending on each game mode(split them as you already do from wvw and pve). For example 5v5 conquest has different objective which is to hold a point, but for 2v2s and 3v3s it is deathmatch. So some changes have to happen and different rules.

    I loved 2v2s especially because of nostalgia(2v2s from WoW). It was very cool, some classes got very broken, some classes useless, but it is just result of bad balance for set game mode.

    I hope ArenaNet will think twice for decisions they make. Not all decisions can be perfect but can be improved by thinking again about worst scenarios that can happen.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @memausz.7264 said:
    There's actually a lot of point to do this. Class stacking in smaller queues causes a genuine balance issue because some classes are just too strong in deathmatch 2v2 and 3v3 type scenarios.

    ?? And why you think that this is problem? This is only part of good game. Someone should dominate. Someone should not have any chance. Why not?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • ah yes let the aura share and stealth wars begin

    can I just say how much I look forward to shocking aura spam and stealth openers

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lovemghool.7613 said:
    ah yes let the aura share and stealth wars begin

    can I just say how much I look forward to shocking aura spam and stealth openers

    dont forget rev,guard,necro spam :D 3 aoe spamming bunkers Pog

  • Being able to 3 man q is bad for the game and solo q casual players (after all this is the majority of players in the game), if it was a case of you 3 man q and fight another 3 man q then fine, but the populaiton in pvp is way too small to achieve this without waiting ages to get a match. Agree 100% on the week downtime inbetween the mini season to get the balance right. Afterall balance is the one thing that has held back gw2 from achieving the success it deserves. To state its now time to implement x y z to achieve x y z is an understatment. Better late than never right? The following should be implemented for the good of the game:

    1. No class stacking as much as possible, and maintain the mirror comp as much as possible.
    2. No relogging once you are in the game and can see the compositions, thats it you stay or forfeit a penalty.

    Obviously Balance comes before this and takes priority.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

    any pre patch notes?

  • Faux Play.6104Faux Play.6104 Member ✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @memausz.7264 said:
    Can you please ban class stacking?

    there is no any point to do this. We have very good mmr system. So there is no any needed to block progress for some friends group who want play whit same class. This is not tournament. .(also I am sure that on tournament we also should accept any class setup, but this is another and long talk)
    But on auto-matchmaking make some class split as always is good idea. And I am sure it is already done.

    TLDR. Please let me create broken class stacked comps with my friends on voice comms, but make sure the random pugs we fight can't do that.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2020

    @Faux Play.6104 said:
    TLDR. Please let me create broken class stacked comps with my friends on voice comms

    no one can stop you! This is part of common mmo games. Take yours favorite broken class, find mates, and go push pugs wall.

    but make sure the random pugs we fight can't do that.

    it only depend from you choose and hands. Don't try assign yours fail with some balance or meta direction.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.